Andover New Rules Allow 10 Round Loads

yanici

NES Member
I was just looking at the new range rules for the indoor and outdoor ranges. The rules were modified in the June Range Rules. No more restrictions to 5 rounds in handguns. We may now load up to 10.

In all fairness though, there are many rules that other clubs have that Andover does not impose upon its members. And, it's a really friendly place.

I've been there a little over a year now and never heard anyone complain when someone else did exceed the limit

In all fairness though, there are many rules that other clubs have that Andover does not impose upon its members. And, it's a really friendly place.

Yes, the members I met there were nice people. Saying the rules are better isn't saying much, considering most of the clubs in that quadrant of MA are pure dumpster fire class. It's not hard to outdo most of the shitty loop clubs.

-Mike

Mike has obviously been to Lawrence R&G before lol

In all honesty I haven't, but the stories I hear about various 93/128 loop gun clubs are the stuff of the "real men of fudd genius" budweiser ad campaign, if it existed.

(innocuous sunday range member guy rapidly fires 8 shots out of his 1911 at a target 30 feet away)
"YEW BOY IZ RAPID FIRIN!"
"But all my shots hit the paper."
"YEW BOY IZ RAPID FIRIN! WERE TRYAN TO HAVE A POKER GAME IN HEER AND THE NOIZE IS DISTRACTIN!"
"Is that you talking president clem or is it just the liquor?"
"I AM THE LIQUOR."

-Mike

My club has that rule too..And no rapid fire. Funny things is that when I was on the pistol team you have the rapid fire stage. If no rapid fire is allowed how do you practice rapid fire? lol

Obviously I think you should always be in control of your firearm but 5 rnds is a PIA and no rapid fire???? c'mon man......

My club has that rule too..And no rapid fire. Funny things is that when I was on the pistol team you have the rapid fire stage. If no rapid fire is allowed how do you practice rapid fire? lol

When you say "pistol team" I think of NRA gallery shooting. "Rapid fire" in that context is 5 rounds in 10 seconds.

At last month's match at Hopkinton (which used to have a 5 round/no rapid fire) one stage was draw, 5 rounds on Target 1, reload, 5 round on Target 2. My time was under 5 seconds, all A hits, and I still didn't finish near the top of the scoresheet on that stage.

When you say "pistol team" I think of NRA gallery shooting. "Rapid fire" in that context is 5 rounds in 10 seconds.

At last month's match at Hopkinton (which used to have a 5 round/no rapid fire) one stage was draw, 5 rounds on Target 1, reload, 5 round on Target 2. My time was under 5 seconds, all A hits, and I still didn't finish near the top of the scoresheet on that stage.

Yes, The NRA National Gallery Match I think they called it. So slow, timed and rapid...Was a while ago. But yes 5 rounds in 10 seconds. Not super fast but faster than they would like us to shoot on a regular basis....I think we should be able to load to magazine capacity. I'll get a 100 hundred round drum...lmao...

And was just talking to a guy yesterday. We had the conversation about controlled fire while training and then recreational shooting for fun. Trying to put some bullets through existing holes at a quicker pace to make it not so technical. Still within the realm of being safe that would be fun too...

Last edited:
I find it amusing that the bulk of us from Ma. will piss and moan about not being able to have "standard capacity mags" but some folks are more than happy to pay for a membership to a club that limits us more than the state does. [laugh]

Well, what's the other option, not shoot at all? Drive an hour to shoot? Harvard or Southern NH are 50 min drive for me. (not in a club yet, planning to apply at Woburn Sportsman).

I mean, why would anyone need to load more than 5, or 10 rounds at a shooting range, or anywhere really. How silly. [wink]

I mean, why would anyone need to load more than 5, or 10 rounds at a shooting range, or anywhere really. How silly. [wink]

Maybe most ranges are concerned for our ammo budgets and they are helping us to shoot less.

I'm surprised this is Ahndovah doing this. I would have expected that they collect your firearms at the door and hand out Nerf guns
Contact me at the club and I will take you on a tour and show you or anyone else how far the club has evolved. We have come a long way and are continuing to evolve. [email protected]
Steve

Obviously I think you should always be in control of your firearm but 5 rnds is a PIA and no rapid fire???? c'mon man......

Centralville has a rule on the outdoor range - a two second pause in between shots. I have no idea whose brainchild this is.

While I am unsure if they still rent the range to law enforcement agencies to use - I doubt that they are held to the same standard.

Centralville has a rule on the outdoor range - a two second pause in between shots. I have no idea whose brainchild this is.

Lawrence has a similar rule but I think its 4 seconds between if I remember correctly. I'll take the 10 round limit over the 4 second rule thanks.

Back
Top Bottom