Andover New Rules Allow 10 Round Loads

Lawrence has a similar rule but I think its 4 seconds between if I remember correctly. I'll take the 10 round limit over the 4 second rule thanks.

if you really want to drive them batshit count out loud the seconds and fire a shot every x seconds on the nose. or get a shot timer or something that does this in an annoying manner. [rofl]

I can't imagine those kinds of rules at a range.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Its definitely horse bleep but I think a good amount of these ranges are in somewhat populated areas and their doing their best not to piss the local moonbats off.

(innocuous sunday range member guy rapidly fires 8 shots out of his 1911 at a target 30 feet away) "YEW BOY IZ RAPID FIRIN!" "But all my shots hit the paper." "YEW BOY IZ RAPID FIRIN! WERE TRYAN TO HAVE A POKER GAME IN HEER AND THE NOIZE IS DISTRACTIN!" "Is that you talking president clem or is it just the liquor?" "I AM THE LIQUOR." -Mike

This (almost exact) conversation occurred between myself and the president of Georgetown F&G, except it was a Glock 26, and he had been fishing, not playing poker.

I've yet to hear anyone complain about someone doing a magdump here and I've heard plenty of them. Hell we had some guys shooting full auto a week or two ago with two different guns.

I've yet to hear anyone complain about someone doing a magdump here and I've heard plenty of them. Hell we had some guys shooting full auto a week or two ago with two different guns.
exactly, you can do a mag dump all you want but only 10 rounds. The guy with the 2 full auto has a Tommy gun and Uzi if I recall

When you say "pistol team" I think of NRA gallery shooting. "Rapid fire" in that context is 5 rounds in 10 seconds.

At last month's match at Hopkinton (which used to have a 5 round/no rapid fire) one stage was draw, 5 rounds on Target 1, reload, 5 round on Target 2. My time was under 5 seconds, all A hits, and I still didn't finish near the top of the scoresheet on that stage.

At Worcester Pistol and Rifle, I did a few nights with the pistol league. They said to "take your time, you have up to a minute between shots", or something like that.

Contact me at the club and I will take you on a tour and show you or anyone else how far the club has evolved. We have come a long way and are continuing to evolve. [email protected]
Steve

Mighty nice of you.

Centralville has a rule on the outdoor range - a two second pause in between shots. I have no idea whose brainchild this is.

While I am unsure if they still rent the range to law enforcement agencies to use - I doubt that they are held to the same standard.

Where is "Centralville"? Is that MA? Sounds more like RI or CT.

At Andover? At least once, that got someone to drive up to the range from the bar to say something at our club. It also brought up some old Vietnam vets (can't believe I'm calling them "old"), looking to scavenge brass.

I found this out a couple months ago, and glad Andover has decided to make this change. I just renewed my membership with them, and glad I did. Andover is a great place to shoot, and I've never had any problems there. All the members there have been great!

Good for Andover. It's a nice place to shoot and meet some nice people.

After moving to central MA, I can't imagine going to any other place than Harvard. Minimal rules, as they trust you to safety police yourself, with access to about 15 different ranges.

exactly, you can do a mag dump all you want but only 10 rounds. The guy with the 2 full auto has a Tommy gun and Uzi if I recall

One was a Tommy but the other was a British gun. I thought it was a Sten at first glance but I heard him saying it was British but I forget the model.

Good for Andover. It's a nice place to shoot and meet some nice people.

After moving to central MA, I can't imagine going to any other place than Harvard. Minimal rules, as they trust you to safety police yourself, with access to about 15 different ranges.

I couldn't imagine going to Harvard from Central MA. I don't even want to drive across Worcester. For that matter, I stopped at Worcester Pistol and Rifle when I moved across the city. I kind of wish I had just stayed, but that is 25 minutes from home, instead of the 10 to current club.

Contact me at the club and I will take you on a tour and show you or anyone else how far the club has evolved. We have come a long way and are continuing to evolve. [email protected]
Steve

In order to become a member would a current member have to sponsor me. I belong to reading rifle and revolver and was interested in Andover. Heard good things about it but I don't recall knowing any current members.

Thanks Ted

In order to become a member would a current member have to sponsor me. I belong to reading rifle and revolver and was interested in Andover. Heard good things about it but I don't recall knowing any current members.

Thanks Ted

No sponsorship needed. I just filled out the form, wrote a check and showed up at the members meeting.

Thanks Ted

if you have an LTC you're good to go

I mean, why would anyone need to load more than 5, or 10 rounds at a shooting range, or anywhere really. How silly. [wink]
Everything was much more civil before these black guns and automatic gangsta pistols came around. We get to Load 6 at my club.... That's all a pistol uses. Why would any civilized shooter need more? Plus now all this brass is bouncing around littering the range.

Please don't laugh at me... we used to be 5 rounds and went to 6.

ill second that motion, been yelled at there before, me and a friend shooting at the same time became rapid fyrin'

Beyond the Fudd aspect, part of the issue is the really tight proximity to complaining neighbors at Georgetown. However, that's something I would like to see changed there. Or at least get some hours when "rapid" fire is allowed. I'd like to practice quick followups for IDPA without having to drive to Woburn Sportsmen or Harvard. My friend and I have talked about the fact that five guys firing at varying cadences are indistinguishable from one guy rapid firing, but that logic is hard to get to sink in. I am a relatively new member though so will have to see how to approach it.

Back
Top Bottom