• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another way to practice without dry fireing...

Now, I remember reading this somewhere...and I do this when I'm board.

But I wonder if it's valid, and I really can't remember where I read this.

But what you do is make a fist, an then stick out your index finger.

Curl your index finger like it's around the trigger, and then pretend to pull the trigger if the Imaginary gun in your hand.

Do this slow and watch the rest of your hand and wrist. The object is to do this many many time making sure that as you go along, none of your fingers, hand, or wrist moves when you're "pulling the trigger."

I know when I first started doing this, my thumb would move a little bit, so would my ring finger if I held my fist a little loose like there was a gun in there. Now I'm pretty good at making sure nothing moves when I'm doing this.

I will do this when I'm on the phone for a boring meeting at work, or watching TV.

I would like to hear from Jim and Tony and some of the other people on here if they really think that it's another way of practicing. Something to add onto the Dry Firing and the like.

Curl your index finger like it's around the trigger, and then pretend to pull the trigger if the Imaginary gun in your hand.

Do this slow and watch the rest of your hand and wrist. The object is to do this many many time making sure that as you go along, none of your fingers, hand, or wrist moves when you're "pulling the trigger."

I know when I first started doing this, my thumb would move a little bit, so would my ring finger if I held my fist a little loose like there was a gun in there. Now I'm pretty good at making sure nothing moves when I'm doing this.

I will do this when I'm on the phone for a boring meeting at work, or watching TV.

I would like to hear from Jim and Tony and some of the other people on here if they really think that it's another way of practicing. Something to add onto the Dry Firing and the like.

This is just my opinion. If you are going to take the time to put your arm out in the shooting position you might as well have a pistol in it. It strengthens muscles, increase muscle memory, and nothing is better for working on trigger control than watching the sights while you pull a real trigger.

I just think putting an empty hand out is a waste. Just my .02. [wink]

This is just my opinion. If you are going to take the time to put your arm out in the shooting position you might as well have a pistol in it. It strengthens muscles, increase muscle memory, and nothing is better for working on trigger control than watching the sights while you pull a real trigger.

Yea, I hear ya...but having a gun in my cube at work will get me fired. :D

And they were saying that if you can learn to pull your finger without moving any other part of your hand, then it will help when you are at the range because you won't be squeezing any other part of your hand involentary.

I wish I remembered where I read this, because I know that there was more to it but I just can't remember.

If I can find it, I'll post the link.

But I do hear what you're saying Derek.

And they were saying that if you can learn to pull your finger without moving any other part of your hand, then it will help when you are at the range because you won't be squeezing any other part of your hand involentary.

I wish I remembered where I read this, because I know that there was more to it but I just can't remember.

doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Maybe it's the years of video games, and musical instruments, but only my trigger-finger is moving.

Also I would think if yer workplace is GFW enugh, holding your hands in a shooting position and "pulling the trigger" might get you into trouble too. 8)

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Maybe it's the years of video games, and musical instruments, but only my trigger-finger is moving.

Also I would think if yer workplace is GFW enugh, holding your hands in a shooting position and "pulling the trigger" might get you into trouble too. 8)

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

derek said:
If you're at work, then that would be the only way to practice and still it would be beneficial.

I tihnk that it also said that if you can put 5-10 pounds in your hand when doing this, it will help with your shoulders with the weight. Kind of like the weights baseball players put on their bats before they go to the plate.

DAMN, I'm going to have to find this article. I really would like you guys to disect it.

And Weer'd, being in my Cube when I'm on the phone, no one sees me...as well as the group that I work with all know that I shoot and don't seem to care. Several I've even been shooting with...

derek said:
If you're at work, then that would be the only way to practice and still it would be beneficial.

I tihnk that it also said that if you can put 5-10 pounds in your hand when doing this, it will help with your shoulders with the weight. Kind of like the weights baseball players put on their bats before they go to the plate.

DAMN, I'm going to have to find this article. I really would like you guys to disect it.

And Weer'd, being in my Cube when I'm on the phone, no one sees me...as well as the group that I work with all know that I shoot and don't seem to care. Several I've even been shooting with...

derek said:

C-pher said:
Hell if I walk in to work with an untucked shirt my boss pats me down. I say "thanks for the illegal search" He replies "You right wing gun nut" [roll]

Sheeple, can't live with'em and you can't round them up for slaughter.

C-pher said:
Hell if I walk in to work with an untucked shirt my boss pats me down. I say "thanks for the illegal search" He replies "You right wing gun nut" [roll]

C-pher said:

derek said:

Be funny to untuck your shirt and put your cell phone in your waistband and watch his expression as he feels something. Then a comment like "Damn you left wing freaks are even afraid of phones these days"?

Adam

derek said:

Be funny to untuck your shirt and put your cell phone in your waistband and watch his expression as he feels something. Then a comment like "Damn you left wing freaks are even afraid of phones these days"?

Adam

derek said:

Adam

Back
Top Bottom