Anybody going to the Springfield show?

The dealer in the far far right corner as you walked in had reasonable prices on AR stuff. He didn't have a ton though.

I saw a collapseable stock for $50 (included buffer tube, spring, buffer, stock)
It was a 3 position and old though. But hell for $50 it's not bad.

I saw a WASR-10 offered at $1000. Pete's had one marked down to $800 (I think).
Was that one a low cap 10 rounder?

Was anyone there selling BCGs at a price that didn't require lube?
There was a guy over near the ammo door that had a bunch of complete BCG for $125 or so. I was going to grab two or so just to keep on hand but figured by the time I get another AR, this whole mess should be settled down again. [Optimism...not sarcasm [wink]]

Got my FAL magazines and a shotgun waved in my face by some teenage kid. Good stuff.
Oh yes...I was on the wrong end of MANY guns yesterday. The worst was when some old timer was fondling a bunch of revolvers at HIS OWN TABLE and he kept picking them up with his finger on the trigger. I quickly found my way away from him.

All in all it was a decent show. I was disappointed that I did not leave with a gun but I didn't go with my mind set on one...just if one struck me. With my gun cash burning a hole in my pocket, I settled for some hot sauce [mmm] and a 25-meter M16 qualification target [now nicely framed on my living room wall]. Then I went to the Army/Navy store in W. Springfield and tried to find a digital camo backpack and rifle case [no luck]. It was a good time though...oh yeah...until the Audi started smoking on the way home [crying]. Good thing I saved my money.

I didn't get there til 4pm, because I had a meeting with the Hartford Gun Club regarding an upcoming Appleseed event there. Lucky for me though, by the time I pulled into gate #9, the nice lady in the pill box just waved me through. FREE PARKING! Then, I went to the office and told them I was just there to talk Appleseed and they too waved me through. So I saved myself a couple bucks there. Still, to no advantage ultimately, because by the time I was finished talking to almost every dealer in the place, I had no time to really dig through the crates. I will say, however, that I personally did not see any real deals - not even of the last minute "I don't wanna pack all this junk up" type. Maybe Sunday. Got a real sense of the nervousness people have right now though.

Mrs Magnum and a gentleman whose aka I did not get were busy packing up the GOALS table, but were nice enough to allow me to buy the winning ticket for the NES AR-15 they're gonna have to send me. I offered to save them on the shipping but they said something about the formality of an actual drawing or some such hokum. Fine, I'll play along... nudge wink.

Did anyone else see that m14 with the adjustable stock and Leupold scope? Sublime. $3800... next time.

Come to Hartford! http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4054.0

The dealer in the far far right corner as you walked in had reasonable prices on AR stuff. He didn't have a ton though.

I saw a collapseable stock for $50 (included buffer tube, spring, buffer, stock)
It was a 3 position and old though. But hell for $50 it's not bad.

If it was the guy at the back I picked up a 6 position adjustable with spring and buffer tube for $65 complete. They had a pretty good selection of uppers yesterday and did have kits to complete stripped lowers, didn't hear the price though. They also have a website where you can place an order.

I dont know a whole lot about what guns should cost...but the prices of the guns at the show seemed ridiculous. I was specifically looking for a nice SKS. I dont know much about the different types of SKS (chinese, romanian, Yugo, etc) but I know I want one in decent shape with a Bayonet. I saw them priced from $330-$430 and decided to do a bit more research on what to look for and how much I shouls be paying.

On the bright side, I did join GOAL and bought some delicious beef jerky. Oh yeah, and a couple boxes of Hydra-Shoks.

I dont know much about the different types of SKS (chinese, romanian, Yugo, etc) but I know I want one in decent shape with a Bayonet. I saw them priced from $330-$430 and decided to do a bit more research on what to look for and how much I shouls be paying.

You can still find Chinese models in nice shape for between $230 - $280.

Romanians will be higher because they're harder to find, around $350.

Yugos are still fairly cheap as long as they're 59/66 models with the grenade launcher, around $250.

And Russian models will always get a higher price because they always have and they're the rifle's country of origin. Value of them can be anywhere from $340 to $600.

Get a Chinese if you're looking for a good one to start or just plain want one. They're still cheap, and there are plenty of good to excelent condition models around.

Seemed like a few of the lowers I saw were a bit lower in price from Dec./ Jan......

Nice to meet Mrs. Magnum at the goal table....that NES AR looks better and better every time I see it.... I may have to spring for a few more tickets....

All in all, I thought it was a decent show.

i didnt make it to the show, im still recoiling from the Marlboro show. and for the most part, my local shops have everything id need. though traditionally, i like the Springfield show better than the Marlboro show, larger venue, seems like more dealers.

kiver said:
beware there were alot of vendors selling 30rnd mags that were not pre ban

aside from the obvious dated bodies, and mags that didn't exist preban (pmags etc) how can you tell with a passing glance? or did you take them down and look inside? just wondering.

So I take it, that it was just the usual stuff but higher prices? I am glad I didnt go, besides I picked up my upper from Auto-Sport on Fri (He was at the show in the back left corner, has a lot of class three stuff) and then ordered my two H Buffers one action spring and Magpul MOE stock along with the Magpul Dynamics DVD today.

-DM-

If it was the guy at the back I picked up a 6 position adjustable with spring and buffer tube for $65 complete. They had a pretty good selection of uppers yesterday and did have kits to complete stripped lowers, didn't hear the price though. They also have a website where you can place an order.

Do you have the website address?

I heard there was a guy selling pre-ban Glock mags.

If anybody knows if he has more and knows who he was PM me.

Sherluk usually attends the Springfield shows, but no others in MA/NH.

Here's their info from the Shot Show website:

Sherluk Marketing
P.O. Box 156
Delta, OH 43615
419-923-8011
Fax: 419-923-8120

Thanks, waiting for my upper from Rock River but just in case I wanted to have a fallback. 2 1/2 months so far I am anticipating another 3 as long as the growth doesn't put them out of business.

Sherluk has taken down their web site for a while till all the dust clears. They have been down for a while. He also told me he is not answering the phone either. He is way to busy selling to take the large volume of calls and orders he was getting after the election.

Back
Top Bottom