Anybody going to the Springfield show?

Based on the poor reviews of the Marlboro show I'm leery about traveling all the way to Springfield - 2 hour drive each way, all that gas. Is there reason to expect this one will be a better experience?

I'll be there on Saturday, handing out fliers for Appleseed.

I'll be the guy in the Red RWVA Hat and Instructor Sweatshirt. I'll be looking to talk to anybody, and I figure I should know some of you. Looking forward to it.

GOAL will be there, as usual. I will have a few NES helpers for this show[grin] Thanks guys and gals!!

I bring GOAL gear: Hats, Shirts, Stickers, Knives, Pins, and whatever else I remember to pack.

I will also have Mass Gun Law reform info and bumper stickers!!

Stop by and say "Hi"

yes I will

I tyried to win that lower that was being rafled here on site, but no luck. How many tickets would I have to buy to guarantee the rifle??[rofl] But I will be there and buying raffle tickets. Thanks

I tyried to win that lower that was being rafled here on site, but no luck. How many tickets would I have to buy to guarantee the rifle??[rofl] But I will be there and buying raffle tickets. Thanks

Well....lets see, Ill have a big handful of tickets[wink] Ill get a count and let you know tomorrow morning!

I woke up early and said what the heck. Yeah, it's $5 to park and a long ride but I'd rather be at a gun show than at home working on projects.

I thought it was a decent show. Roomy but there was a lot of people there. Like most shows there were some deals and some screwings. Up to the buyer to know the difference.

I found a nice Walther P-38 Commercial with two mags for a decent price. The Beef Jerky guy was there. I was happy.

Guess I met Underwhere and Mrs. Magnum when I walked by the GOAL table and stuffed a couple bucks in the water jug. I was wearing the GOAL hat.

I woke up early and said what the heck. Yeah, it's $5 to park and a long ride but I'd rather be at a gun show than at home working on projects.

I thought it was a decent show. Roomy but there was a lot of people there. Like most shows there were some deals and some screwings. Up to the buyer to know the difference.

I found a nice Walther P-38 Commercial with two mags for a decent price. The Beef Jerky guy was there. I was happy.

Guess I met Underwhere and Mrs. Magnum when I walked by the GOAL table and stuffed a couple bucks in the water jug. I was wearing the GOAL hat.

Nice to meet you Chuck.

I didn't see any insane deals. It was just nice to see a bunch of inventory all in one place.

There was one table selling a ton of AR uppers, parts, stocks etc etc. Had to fight through the line to get to them.

I picked up 3 more lowers at S&W, some stripper clips and some AR assembly tools.

And had a great time with Mrs Magnum who picked up something else for me which I forgot. An unmentionable for my girlfriend.

3 new lowers on the left.
mv0s5s.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to meet you Check.

I didn't see any insane deals. It was just nice to see a bunch of inventory all in one place.

There was one table selling a ton of AR uppers, parts, stocks etc etc. Had to fight through the line to get to them.

The ar upper guy sold out of post ban uppers by the time I got there. I saw stripped lowers going from $190 to $300. Mrs Magnum said I just missed you Underwhere. Lots of C&R stuff. Last fall was a bit better if you ask me

I thought it was a good show for a change, not so much about prices as some uppers were cheaper there than on line on most sites. I picked up a couple of ambi bolt catches and tac latches, thats about it. But I did get to meet Ms. Magnum and joined goal and re-upped with NRA, so it was all good. Nice just to be around that many guns and gun people for a change. May go back in the am sunday for another walk around. I did think it was a little more crowded than normal. It was a little crowded for me to try and get to see how much 9mm AR stuff was laying around on tables though. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
I spent four and a half hours walking around, with my son and a friend of his. All I bought was a lower parts kit from Sherluk. I have no idea where all those tiny parts and pieces go, but at least I have them.

I also stopped at the GOAL table and picked up a couple of window decals, so I can annoy the liberals at school even when I drive the wife's car. I stopped back later and bought a raffle ticket for the NES AR.

I spent more time this time around looking at milsurp rifles. Didn't see any Russian SKSs. Quite a few Norinco, though. There were a few Mosin-Nagants, some of which I've seen before. I wanted to talk to the M1 guy about carbines, especially my 5-digit Inland, but he was pretty swamped every time I came by. Finally it got late, and I had to go. The ammo tent looked like it was picked clean by 4:30.

I saw a WASR-10 offered at $1000. Pete's had one marked down to $800 (I think).

All in all, it was a good day with two boys at a gun show.

woah, $1k for a WASR-10? i was looking at one in marlboro for $499.

i'd like to ask if anyone else is going tomorrow if they wouldn't mind picking up a complete AR BCG and charging handle if you could find one. i am going to be busy tomorrow and wouldn't be able to make the trip to springfield. i'd be more than willing to let someone put some rounds through the complete rifle here at NLRG or buy them lunch.

Last edited:
I spent four and a half hours walking around, with my son and a friend of his. All I bought was a lower parts kit from Sherluk. I have no idea where all those tiny parts and pieces go, but at least I have them.

I also stopped at the GOAL table and picked up a couple of window decals, so I can annoy the liberals at school even when I drive the wife's car. I stopped back later and bought a raffle ticket for the NES AR.

I spent more time this time around looking at milsurp rifles. Didn't see any Russian SKSs. Quite a few Norinco, though. There were a few Mosin-Nagants, some of which I've seen before. I wanted to talk to the M1 guy about carbines, especially my 5-digit Inland, but he was pretty swamped every time I came by. Finally it got late, and I had to go. The ammo tent looked like it was picked clean by 4:30.

I saw a WASR-10 offered at $1000. Pete's had one marked down to $800 (I think).

All in all, it was a good day with two boys at a gun show.

I did my first lower parts kit a week or two ago. Definitely not hard if you have some basic skills.

It took me about 30-45 min when I first started. I did one tonight in about 15.

I would say the necessary tools are:
1. A punch for the bolt catch roll pin (better if it's a roll pin punch)
2. An exacto blade to get the detent spring pin in. I don't need a detent tool. I just take the spring, the pin, squish it down with an exacto blade and slide my detent in place. Takes 5 seconds.

Brownells has step by step videos on how to install the lower parts kit.
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?x=v&p=0&t=1&i=1112

Had a good time at the show. I was interduced to Mrs. Magnum by Kiver. It was nice to meet her. ;-) Hope to have my license by the next show so I can buy a gun!!

This was my first show and I wasn't very impressed. People were acting rude as hell around all the AR parts. It was as if it was food and people were starving... One guy had two complete "pieced together" uppers (his words) that were all scratched up and wouldnt budge on $500. Somebody else can have them. Then I found two decent looking flattops one a 20", one a 16". They both had Troy quad rails on them. He wanted $850 for the 16 & $825 for the 20. I offered him 700 for the 16 and he said yes, minus the BCG. I said no thanks. Think I'm just going to order mine through Stag, like I want it, and wait.
Other than that I thought most of the stuff was junk unfortunately. There was only a couple people with decent looking handguns, and at no bargain. .38 snubs for $480?! Lol. 4 seasons has em for $399.

Last edited:
I went hoping to pick up a particular piece that I had seen at a previous show but it had been sold. Not a need, just a want so no big deal.

Used gun prices are getting pretty whacky. Makes me glad that I have just about everything that I could want. I would have bought a Sig Mosquito if there was one for a good price, but there were none at any price.

I wound up spending my limit on primers and powder. Sorensen Assoc. still has reasonable prices on both, so I justify my admission and parking fees on the savings on components. Glad I got there early though. He didn't have much of a stock of primers.

Jack

I thought that it was more crowded than usual as well. walking down the isles, you could tell who had "guns" for sale because their tables were packed with people.

I met Kim and Underwhere at the GOAL table, bought a couple tickets.

Bought some ammo (.223, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54) and some jerky

Was anyone there selling BCGs at a price that didn't require lube?

STEF,
I can't remember the price for the BCG's but Sherluk had the best AR parts prices by far. [wink]
I bought a standard charging handle for $15, one dollar less than the cheapest I have been able to find online.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom