Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Collectors in Stoneham has primers. Just sent out an email:

CCI Small Pistol Primers #500 $59.99/1000, 1 carton limit, no reserving, only 5 available
CCI Large Pistol Primers #300 $59.99/1000, 1 carton limit, no reserving, only 1 available

Stateline in plaistow has a few boxes of SPP right now for $69...
Collectors in Stoneham has primers. Just sent out an email:

CCI Small Pistol Primers #500 $59.99/1000, 1 carton limit, no reserving, only 5 available
CCI Large Pistol Primers #300 $59.99/1000, 1 carton limit, no reserving, only 1 available
Not horrible given the situation. And better than the rape from Larry or whats in the classifieds

You find non fired ammo on the ground? All I ever find is loaded rounds with a primer strike that some lazy bastard couldn’t be bothered to drop in the oil box.
The shooters usually have a hot chamber at the end of a stage. When given the "unload and show clear" command the live round is ejected and many don't pick it up.

The shooters usually have a hot chamber at the end of a stage. When given the "unload and show clear" command the live round is ejected and many don't pick it up.
I know people catch them when they unload and show clear; I've always been worried I'll get too focused on the flying round and break 180 or something and get DQ'd, so I pick it up after unless it's muddy or whatnot.

Man, it's been a long time since I shot a match.

Nice. Price? Limits? Brand?
Up a buck to $5.99 per 100. CCI 500s only.

Limit of 1k for primers. Not horrible. They had 60 left. Largest amount of pistol ammo I've seen for a while too. Bulk stuff even.

I picked up 1k spp for a friend who's had a tough time finding some. Shooters was pretty empty. Got some expensive .308 cal projectiles though to hold me over until I find some bulk cast stuff.

Up a buck to $5.99 per 100. CCI 500s only.

Limit of 1k for primers. Not horrible. They had 60 left. Largest amount of pistol ammo I've seen for a while too. Bulk stuff even.

I picked up 1k spp for a friend who's had a tough time finding some. Shooters was pretty empty. Got some expensive .308 cal projectiles though to hold me over until I find some bulk cast stuff.
Damn. Not bad. Those 6k will not last long

I snagged 6 rounds on the ground at today’s Hopkinton USPSA match which I broke down to get the primers and brass😂
According to weston shooters club this was about $1.5 just in primers I picked off the ground. 🤣

One of which was a factory federal round. Holy crap did it take some effort to get that 147 gr bullet out. I must have whacked my concrete floor 10-12 times before it came out. That crimp ring/cannelure on the brass works well at holding the bullet I guess.

Shhhhh... you are giving away the secret to finding literately free ammo and unused components. I understand why and how live rounds get on the ground, especially after either competitions or training sessions, but why after either are over can't shooters, trainers, or Safety Officers have shooters do a quick check of the area during cleanup? Geez, it's just walking and looking down for something "shiny". :eek:

Jay

but why after either are over can't shooters, trainers, or Safety Officers have shooters do a quick check of the area during cleanup?
They do. I was picking this ammo up after a shooter had finished the stage and I was done taping. If its missed after the squad has finished shooting the stage, it will get picked up during the match/stage breakdown.

I know people catch them whn they unload and show clear; I've always been worried I'll get too focused on the flying round and break 180 or something and get DQ'd, so I pick it up after unless it's muddy or whatnot.

Man, it's been a long time since I shot a match.
I am not cool enough to catch my rounds either. If I have a friendly SO they will lend a hand...otherwise it's scrounge in the dirt and hope for the best. BTW, if anyone comes across some blue ones...those are mine ;-)

BPS is loaded with spp
That is interesting. I haven't been at a BPS in a couple years, but I was at the Cabela's flagship store in Sidney Nebraska a few days ago. They were completely cleaned out of all powder and primers.

Dang. So close today, but the vendor's site was slammed, and it took a couple of minutes to log in. So now I have to stay logged in? Okay... When is this going to start loosening up?

I tried for 30 min to get some SPP but just wouldn't go through. Ah well. I have enough but was trying to score for a friend.

Well, they popped back up. Still fumbled the bot buster thing since I thought it was in my cart already. And later I forgot to check a box. Then I had to put my CC info in (because I don't like storing CC info with vendors). Might be a miracle, but my order went through. We'll see if I really got one or if they say "Oopsie. None left."

Then I had to put my CC info in (because I don't like storing CC info with vendors).

There's really no danger in doing this since you are 100% covered against fraudulent use of a CC. No CC company holds you responsible for charges you didn't make. Its not like a debit card where you can get screwed.

There's really no danger in doing this since you are 100% covered against fraudulent use of a CC. No CC company holds you responsible for charges you didn't make. Its not like a debit card where you can get screwed.
Yes, I know. I've been through the process a half-dozen times, at least and never paid for any purchases I didn't make. After the last one, I just don't see the need to voluntarily store my CC number here and there in systems of varying quality. I make exceptions, but the vendor in question doesn't need to be one of them. My primers are supposed to get here tomorrow.

that particular vendor doesn’t even allow you to store your credit card information. I wish they would because I would do it to speed up check out😂

Back
Top Bottom