Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I just hope the second sentence stays true. Whether or not supply is starting to claw its way back (feels like it), we're only a "Summer of Love" away from a definite "not".
I'm sure there are PLENTY of people willing to pay that since even with hazmat and shipping it's like $160 per 1k. Assuming you paid normal/fair prices for bullets and powder, you can still reload 9mm and other popular pistol calibers for much less than factory ammo prices.

I'm good with my 2-3 cent primers [laugh]

Looks like one of our preferred vendors added a limit of (2) 1000 , and removed the 5000 brick offering. At least for CCI.

I snagged 6 rounds on the ground at today’s Hopkinton USPSA match which I broke down to get the primers and brass😂
According to weston shooters club this was about $1.5 just in primers I picked off the ground. 🤣
View attachment 478554
One of which was a factory federal round. Holy crap did it take some effort to get that 147 gr bullet out. I must have whacked my concrete floor 10-12 times before it came out. That crimp ring/cannelure on the brass works well at holding the bullet I guess.
Hey, those are my rounds !!!!!!!!!!!

Cabelas Hudson saw the arrival of a shipment late Thursday evening with some CCI LRP and SPP on hand at the knife counter. However, only one brick of each ($85/k) remained at 8:30 PM. Likely to be snapped up in the AM opening power walk, but perhaps a positive sign...

For the ammo inclined, there were at least 60 boxes of 5.56 M855 and 40 of M193 on the shelves. Unfortunately, I was distracted by the LRP and 6.5CM on the shelf and forgot to look at anything else.

Cabelas Hudson saw the arrival of a shipment late Thursday evening with some CCI LRP and SPP on hand at the knife counter. However, only one brick of each ($85/k) remained at 8:30 PM. Likely to be snapped up in the AM opening power walk, but perhaps a positive sign...

For the ammo inclined, there were at least 60 boxes of 5.56 M855 and 40 of M193 on the shelves. Unfortunately, I was distracted by the LRP and 6.5CM on the shelf and forgot to look at anything else.

Did they ration the primers at all?

Wow they really jacked up the prices on primers. Shit.

Are there still herds of people waiting at the door to get in every morning? Dealing with that, plus primers for $85? That's a negative effort for me.

I'm planning to get into loading 45 ACP - managed finally find some decently priced dies - are LPP as difficult to source as SPP and SRP at the moment?

I might need to go the trading route, although I'm sure some of the 45 ACP I have on hand is small primed.

The patron Saint of Reloading Supplies @andrew1220 can probably guide you through these harrowed times.
I sold a brick of LPP to @bigblue a couple months back and probably should have held onto them lol. I only got 1500 LPP left but I use them for 44 magnum only so not a TON of shooting. Should last me a bit.
I thought the LPP would be easy to get but they've turned out to be just as elusive as SPP.
Worst case I run out 2-3 years from now, I can always trade some SPP for LPP. I honestly think it will take me longer than that to exhaust my LPP as I've got thousands of 44 mag loaded already lol.

I'm planning to get into loading 45 ACP - managed finally find some decently priced dies - are LPP as difficult to source as SPP and SRP at the moment?

I might need to go the trading route, although I'm sure some of the 45 ACP I have on hand is small primed.
Do yourself a favor and smash every one of those SP 45's with a hammer. Don't think about saving them - you will eventually rage smash every one of them so get it over with now.

Do yourself a favor and smash every one of those SP 45's with a hammer. Don't think about saving them - you will eventually rage smash every one of them so get it over with now.

Lol or you could just load them as throwaways. One USPSA revolver guy i knew actually liked them- Smalls go off more reliablly with light hits from tuned guns.

I sold a brick of LPP to @bigblue a couple months back and probably should have held onto them lol. I only got 1500 LPP left but I use them for 44 magnum only so not a TON of shooting. Should last me a bit.
I thought the LPP would be easy to get but they've turned out to be just as elusive as SPP.
Worst case I run out 2-3 years from now, I can always trade some SPP for LPP. I honestly think it will take me longer than that to exhaust my LPP as I've got thousands of 44 mag loaded already lol.

I'm still waiting for my 45ACP dies from Dillon, but I have 2000 LPP sitting on the shelf. Which means I've got brass, bullets, powder and primers - but still no dies.

Good thing I have factory .45 to shoot in the meantime - and I don't shoot much of it, maybe 600 or so per year - just pins.

Back
Top Bottom