• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone see GP11 Swiss 7.5x55 around locally?

I must have bought counterfeit GP11. I never had better than 4 inches at 50 yards from a foam rubber supported bench rest. I forget whether I am using 4064 (I'll look later) or not, but a once fired frontier brass (in same K31) with a 150G Hornady Spirepoint loaded as far out as possible, and loaded one at a time. With the reloads, I am down to @ 2 inches at 50 yards, open sights, bench rest hold. Maybe the once fired brass is a tighter fit. Next I am going to try 16-20g of 2400 behind a poured Lee 312 150 g 308 round

I must have bought counterfeit GP11. I never had better than 4 inches at 50 yards from a foam rubber supported bench rest. I forget whether I am using 4064 (I'll look later) or not, but a once fired frontier brass (in same K31) with a 150G Hornady Spirepoint loaded as far out as possible, and loaded one at a time. With the reloads, I am down to @ 2 inches at 50 yards, open sights, bench rest hold. Maybe the once fired brass is a tighter fit. Next I am going to try 16-20g of 2400 behind a poured Lee 312 150 g 308 round
Hmmm. The rear notch is freaking tiny on the K31 so that probably doesn't help? I've never put mine on paper with iron sights, just a scope. Can't imagine the barrel is bad? Most of the K31's seem to be in good condition (minus the stocks - mine is rough).

Hmmm. The rear notch is freaking tiny on the K31 so that probably doesn't help? I've never put mine on paper with iron sights, just a scope. Can't imagine the barrel is bad? Most of the K31's seem to be in good condition (minus the stocks - mine is rough).
good catch. I opened the rear sight up a while back but eventually replaced it with a mojo, and kept the front post

I only shoot mine with the sights that it was built with. At the lowest setting, it's slightly high at 300 but right on left to right. My load is PPU brass, a match bullet from Sierra or Hornady and WC844 powder. I use that powder because that's what I have. Maybe I just got lucky and my rifle happens to like it. Shooting at 300 kinda sucks cause the front post is wider than the whole silhouette target.

This is the most recent thread I remembered we had addressed load data for the Swiss ladies.

Had some decent results this past Sunday with RL-17. Not the best data from my chronograph, but it looked pretty good ‘on paper’ (target).

Roughly 1.6moa 5 shot group @ 200yds w/iron sights in lighting that was not very good at all (see time stamps on chrono readout, it was getting dark out). I tried a few different charges from 49gr to 51gr in .5gr increments, but most accurate load data as follows:

1934 Swiss K31 w/Walnut Stock
175gr Nosler Custom Competition
CCI 400
49.5gr RL-17
PPU Brass (3 or 4x Fired)
3.025” COAL

D2A36BEE-E2A9-4375-B52A-276D0F8F8F0F.png 1CDB114F-44CC-4762-A834-E5F7BFC5E3E3.png B31D54D5-4DAE-4EAE-B464-C86147022545.jpeg 97B4299B-68AD-4990-8637-92BB3B527F11.jpeg 2DBC0B98-C6F2-4F5B-B334-45DD3443CAAF.png

Obviously needs some tweaking, and will definitely be messing around with COAL when I get my custom modified cases (made from fired GP-11 brass) back from Hornady for my OAL gauge and will be trying more powder charges between 49gr and 50gr (probably in .2gr increments) to really try and dial it in.

Now that I've received my K31 I need to get some ammo for her. Wondering if anyone has seen any GP11 for sale locally or has any they would like to sell?
Lmao you're about a year or so late.

I had to black cross the K31 off my list because the ammo is gone.

At this point you should probably plan on reloading if you're going to do more than just shoot 20-40 rds a year out of it.

This is the most recent thread I remembered we had addressed load data for the Swiss ladies.

Had some decent results this past Sunday with RL-17. Not the best data from my chronograph, but it looked pretty good ‘on paper’ (target).

Roughly 1.6moa 5 shot group @ 200yds w/iron sights in lighting that was not very good at all (see time stamps on chrono readout, it was getting dark out). I tried a few different charges from 49gr to 51gr in .5gr increments, but most accurate load data as follows:

1934 Swiss K31 w/Walnut Stock
175gr Nosler Custom Competition
CCI 400
49.5gr RL-17
PPU Brass (3 or 4x Fired)
3.025” COAL

View attachment 428779View attachment 428780View attachment 428781View attachment 428783View attachment 428789

Obviously needs some tweaking, and will definitely be messing around with COAL when I get my custom modified cases (made from fired GP-11 brass) back from Hornady for my OAL gauge and will be trying more powder charges between 49gr and 50gr (probably in .2gr increments) to really try and dial it in.

Nice work! Looks like one to keep in mind. I think I may have some RL-17.

Lmao you're about a year or so late.

I had to black cross the K31 off my list because the ammo is gone.

At this point you should probably plan on reloading if you're going to do more than just shoot 20-40 rds a year out of it.

Thanks, but this an old post. Found a case before everything went to hell in a hand basket. I’m just shooting PPU now and keeping the case of GP-11.

Thanks, but this an old post. Found a case before everything went to hell in a hand basket. I’m just shooting PPU now and keeping the case of GP-11.

Lol this is what I get for replying to something that someone necro-bumped. You lucked out then. [laugh]

If you can acquire berdan primers, the GP11 brass is great stuff to reload. It decaps easily, at the very least.
Since I'm no marksman, I can't say how precise my reloads are relative to GP11, but who has these?

Attachments

• leadonlead1.jpg
    leadonlead1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 5
  • sabot22sa1.jpg
    sabot22sa1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.5Swz(1).jpg
    7.5Swz(1).jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 5
  • leadonlead(4a).jpg
    leadonlead(4a).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 5
If you can acquire berdan primers, the GP11 brass is great stuff to reload. It decaps easily, at the very least.
Since I'm no marksman, I can't say how precise my reloads are relative to GP11, but who has these?
Via help from my NES friends, I'm now well stocked for GP11. That said, would be awesome to find some Berdan primers to reload that brass. Probably a snowball's chance in hell of finding those.

Via help from my NES friends, I'm now well stocked for GP11. That said, would be awesome to find some Berdan primers to reload that brass. Probably a snowball's chance in hell of finding those.

i’ve been on the hunt as well...SOMEONE has a great big stash out there just waiting to be bought...just need to find them. I agree that my GP11 brass is probably the biggest waste of excellent quality material in my ammo/components inventory.

i’ve been on the hunt as well...SOMEONE has a great big stash out there just waiting to be bought...just need to find them. I agree that my GP11 brass is probably the biggest waste of excellent quality material in my ammo/components inventory.

I figure I could get one of those tools to pull the primers, but then what? I'll be shocked if I can find primers and NFW would I bother to convert the brass to Boxer primed. Well, maybe if we end up in some sort of 'The Walking Dead' scenario.

I tried the water pressure method to pop the primers out. I'm convinced that's a practical joke designed to get people to spray themselves.

200.gif

No no no. Water works very easily (that's what I was referring to by "It decaps easily,"). Get one of those Lee .30 caliber decap tools (you'll break the pin off eventually under normal use with other boxer primed brass) or get a .308"/.309" rod to do the same. If the punch fits a tad loose, just use a bread wrapper to seal the punch. In worst case scenario, neck size the brass. No mechanical pullers (RCBS) needed.
The GP11 is too large to fit the Lee base, but flip it over and simply center it so the primer has room to exit.
Resize w/o a decap pin and reload as usual. The KV-7,62N primers are .217" diameter, so they will sit atop most large primer ram cups. Just ease them in and you'll be GTG.
I've used the KV-24N (7.62x39mm) primers with some hang fires, but the KV7.62N is what you want. The KV27N is for the extra large primers in most 7.62x54R and foreign .308 Winchester.

Last edited:
No no no. Water works very easily (that's what I was referring to by "It decaps easily,"). Get one of those Lee .30 caliber decap tools (you'll break the pin off eventually under normal use with other boxer primed brass) or get a .308"/.309" rod to do the same. If the punch fits a tad loose, just use a bread wrapper to seal the punch. In worst case scenario, neck size the brass. No mechanical pullers (RCBS) needed.
The GP11 is too large to fit the Lee base, but flip it over and simply center it so the primer has room to exit.
Resize w/o a decap pin and reload as usual. The KV-7,62N primers are .217" diameter, so they will sit atop most large primer ram cups. Just ease them in and you'll be GTG.
I've used the KV-24N (7.62x39mm) primers with some hang fires, but the KV7.62N is what you want. The KV27N is for the extra large primers in most 7.62x54R and foreign .308 Winchester.

Wait, you're in on the prank- aren't you?

LOL thanks for the tips.

The Hydro method works fine. If your getting soaked your doing it wrong.
Also you should be doing Hydro decap on hot humid days.

GP11 comes in waves I was poking around and came across a post on the swiss rifle forums IIRC and there was mention of a load of GP11 slated to come state side ?

i bought and shot up my stash of GP11 and jumped into reloading for it
My favorite load and its delivered a few trinkets at cmp is 130 gn nosler or sierra at around 2450 fps
I have used 4064,H4895, Varget ,BLC2, H335, trailboss,2400

nosler 110 gn varmint tipped did really well my only mistake was not buying more.

cast did ok ,used a 160gn flatnose with 2400 , I picked up a 130 gn cast bullet to try just have not got back to that yet

15 bricks of GP11 available. 60 rounds per brick of course. $70 each. Shipping will depend on quantity ordered. Minimum 2 per order.

(not mine)

yup...shit ain’t cheap.

that’s why I’m happy I found a good starting point to reload for my k31 at least...still have 3 other Swiss rifles I need to figure out loads for and they don’t share brass unfortunately, so will be a separate process for each.

If anyone knows of a source of once fired GP11 in NH.......
I've got a bunch but don't get up to NH too often. I don't even care to get paid for them lol. I just can't bring myself to scrap them.

For the non-reloaders:
Not GP11 but it’s 174 gr just like GP11 lol. Not cheap and no they don’t ship to MA. Can ship it to a UPS Store in NH for a $5 fee. Has worked out well for me so far.
That stuff isn't bad. Not quite GP11 accuracy but not bad and the brass is pretty good.

(2) 480 round cases of GP11. No idea if they ship to us peons. Not cheap when you factor in the internet premium.

Really wish some company other than PPU would load 7.5x55, there are so many k31's and other swiss surplus rifles over here. I have plenty of GP11 but I'd love to hunt with my k31, I need to snag some dies and start scrounging for brass.

, I need to snag some dies and start scrounging for brass.
Yes, yes you do. I’ve got some rounds made with 165 gr Sierra game kings (soft points). I used my K31 my first time deer hunting in Maine but never shot one. Also the gun is way too heavy. I quickly switched to a lighter Henry all weather 44 mag

Really wish some company other than PPU would load 7.5x55, there are so many k31's and other swiss surplus rifles over here. I have plenty of GP11 but I'd love to hunt with my k31, I need to snag some dies and start scrounging for brass.
If some other company other than PPU made 7.5 swiss it would probabaly be $2.50 rd.
Theres a shit ton of bullets to choose from , reloading is the only real option.

Back
Top Bottom