Anyone trout fishing yet?

Today is my fathers birthday[party2], so we went down to Long pond to try to get a few trout on the fly rod. He managed a couple small rainbows while I dropped the only fish I hooked. The guys bait fishing off the boat ramp didn't seem to be doing anything.

I don't care though, I'm just happy to be back in the water. Only a few more weeks (hopefully) until I can start heading to the Berkshires and fish with real(fake) flies for real trout on real rivers. I love spring.[banana][banana]

Any one else given it a shot yet?

If anyone wants a tag along this weekend or ANY weekend, please feel free to shoot me a pm. I would love to learn new waters in this state. I am up for any species and trout is a favorite. To be honest, any water is new to me in MA since I moved here last fall. I have been out a few times in Feb and March so far this year but only on the Charles (not very good fishing so far).

If anyone wants a tag along this weekend or ANY weekend, please feel free to shoot me a pm. I would love to learn new waters in this state. I am up for any species and trout is a favorite. To be honest, any water is new to me in MA since I moved here last fall. I have been out a few times in Feb and March so far this year but only on the Charles (not very good fishing so far).

Welcome to the PRM. Where are you living? Where do you come from originally? What type of fishing do you like; fly, spinning gear, bait? The trout fishing in MA doesn't really heat up for another month or so. Right now it's just a reason to get out of the house. The real "king" of game fish here is the Striped Bass, and you can catch them almost anywhere you can access the coast.

I'd be glad to take you along if I head out on a weekend soon. However, I recenty got laid off (thanks Barry) and figure the silver lining in that is that I can stay home and look for a job on weekends and fish while everyone else is at work. I'll shoot you a PM if I go out though.

we got a rainbow 2 weeks ago on a spinning rod @ mashpee-wakeby

learning to fly fish this year

Nice, fly fishing is where it's at. Done correctly, it can cost you almost as much as shooting.[wink]

Just fyi we still have snow in the woods so the water is still cold out this way. (Berkshires)

Thanks. Cold water I can work with, it's the flood like conditions that make wading a little tricky. Potential instant hypothermia and all that.[grin]

I am going to be fishing for trout in framingha this weekend. Shoot me a pm if you want to go. I think I am going to go Saturday afternoon. I will fish with my fly rod as well as a spinning rod.

Trout fishing? My "small" rod is 9' with 15 lb test. I'm guessing that my 11.5' surf rod would not work very well for trout [wink]

Last edited:
I picked up my combination hunting/fishing lisence yesterday[dance]

I'm planning on getting my rods & tackle ready so I can go out next week. I'll head over to the Quaboag River in Palmer. I usually get a few rainbows out of there.

Back
Top Bottom