• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Approved Firearms Roster - January 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the joke is (sorry still a noon).
Also if the Glocks are on the list why it's still a big deal to get one in MA?

Because se there are 2 regulating bodies that determine iff a gun is safe. The EOPS which is the author of this list and the AG which has no published criteria and simply pulls the criteria out of her 5th point of contact.

the P225 has always been on the list. whether one interprets this as the newer P225 is simply up to the FFL. it's the same stupid gun so IMO an FFL should be willing to transfer a newer production P225. now why somebody would want to drop that kind of coin on a new P225 I will never understand.

Cause Sig? I have a weird lust for one, then I'm like, wait, it's basically my P226 with half the ammo in it.

Because se there are 2 regulating bodies that determine iff a gun is safe. The EOPS which is the author of this list and the AG which has no published criteria and simply pulls the criteria out of her 5th point of contact.

See, I've always wondered the same thing. There's gotta be something somewhere that says Glocks aren't allowed... or maybe not... it is MA after all...

But really though, is there really nothing published at all?

I looked for this but could not find any posts: I've had two LEO's tell me that Healey has removed the exemption for Law Enforcement for Glock's and other non-approved guns.

I looked for this but could not find any posts: I've had two LEO's tell me that Healey has removed the exemption for Law Enforcement for Glock's and other non-approved guns.

She didn't entirely remove it, she just added "enforcement".

Check out the fourth paragraph of this press release:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/news-and-up...aler-agrees-to-end-illegal-firearm-sales.html

The AG’s investigation also found that The Gun Parlor failed to provide legally mandated safety warnings to customers, did not properly verify that handguns sold to law enforcement and military personnel were being purchased for official duties, and sold handguns with a barrel length shorter than three inches to consumers without first providing disclosures required under state regulations about the potentially limited accuracy of such weapons.

I know at least one dealer that won't sell to L.E. without a Chief-signed letter on dept letterhead, and another that just said, "Screw it" and won't sell them at all.

She didn't entirely remove it, she just added "enforcement".

I know at least one dealer that won't sell to L.E. without a Chief-signed letter on dept letterhead, and another that just said, "Screw it" and won't sell them at all.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure we'll see other shops refusing to sell. Some will have a stack of "LE only" Glocks to get rid of out of state.

I'm pretty sure the changes in 2014 removed the duty requirement for le sales

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Maura should be prosecuting EOPS for false advertising.

Edit: All the Glocks are still for sale at Village Vault.

Some admin is going to laugh their ass off when I sent a note about outing vendors selling Glocks.... Not realizing this was a bonded warehouse. Amazing. I need more coffee haha

I'm pretty sure the changes in 2014 removed the duty requirement for le sales

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Because all they did was remove some words and they didn't re-write it to do what was intended, it has been interpreted (black letter of the law) that they may possess only as it is mute on buy/sell.

That said, CJIS released a memo to all dealers after the law change stating that buying/selling for LEOs was now legal (as that was the intent of the legislature).

That allowance in the law makes it,in queen healeys own words" the quintessential" example
that having law enforcement use this brand without incident proves that any mishap is operator error
not a malfunction of the pistol.
it makes no sense ,that premise of if you put on a badge the product will not malfunction. Looney tunes.[rofl]

That allowance in the law makes it,in queen healeys own words" the quintessential" example
that having law enforcement use this brand without incident proves that any mishap is operator error
not a malfunction of the pistol.
it makes no sense ,that premise of if you put on a badge the product will not malfunction. Looney tunes.[rofl]
But police are experts in handling guns unlike us monkeys with a football. We might hurt ourselves. Will be the AG explanation.

That said, CJIS released a memo to all dealers after the law change stating that buying/selling for LEOs was now legal (as that was the intent of the legislature).

Healey obviously doesn't care about the intent of the legislature. Didn't you know she's above them? [rolleyes]

May be a dumb question but I couldn't help but notice there were no Colt firearms listed.. Wondering why..
Because colt won't pay to have their firearms tested for eops approval. They simply don't care enough to go through the trouble of selling their guns in MA. Same with CZ, Springfield and a bunch of others.

May be a dumb question but I couldn't help but notice there were no Colt firearms listed.. Wondering why..

Because colt, springfield, others don't give a shit about MA and won't certify guns to get on the roster because of the AGs bullshit on the back end on CMR940 cock-blocking the
sales here. Not to mention that despite the blockade there are still tons of colts and springfields in MA, LOL. So much for that.

Closing this one, this stuff belongs in the compliance faq thread if folks have further questions...

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

- - - Updated - - -

Some admin is going to laugh their ass off when I sent a note about outing vendors selling Glocks.... Not realizing this was a bonded warehouse. Amazing. I need more coffee haha

No, we all understood the joke, and ironically enough when you reported it, by doing so we assumed that YOU were the one that didn't understand that joke. [rofl]

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom