AR Muzzle device question??

No comps/brakes are ATF approved anymore. But can you link a brake that is sold a such that would have not been approved by the ATF prior to 2004

Last edited:
So a brake with a solid bottom would be recommended if you're looking to stay on target with quick follow up shots? Brakes that are open on all sides tend to jump?

Brakes with a solid bottom push down on the muzzle, mitigating muzzle rise. The real problem with venting down is when you shoot prone or over objects. Basically there is no benefit to an open bottom comp

Carlson Comps had submited the Mini Comp and the Carlson Comp for ATF approval 3 years ago when I got the company started for this reason. I have ATF compliant letters reflecting that these two devices are not flash hiders, thus, are legal to perm. install on your post ban firearm. Any questions can be directed to me, There is some good information on this subject, however, going back and forth with opinion(s) seems to cloud the ability to address the issue. Please feel free to contact me @ [email protected] with any concerns.

Thanks Greg

Cause there's more then one state with awb type rules ? .......

Heck you can call the ATF to find out if x is legal and get a letter to show the cops to protect your self .

Why would the ATF be involved in a state ban?

I notice that you are in first place and have a lot to say. I also notice that you have a lot of posts and seem to be an expert on most if not all subject matter. Perhaps you should start your own business and educate your self instead of constantly spitting out useless opinions.

I notice that you are in first place and have a lot to say. I also notice that you have a lot of posts and seem to be an expert on most if not all subject matter. Perhaps you should start your own business and educate your self instead of constantly spitting out useless opinions.

[rofl] Look at you getting all worked up and not surprisingly you avoided the question.

Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver
soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over.

So if I leave my house without my pin being welded over. I could be jailed, fined, and my license revoked? That is about as asinine you can get.

The messed up thing is I could braze it and you couldn't tell it was brazed unless you take a wrench to it ..
So what's the difference of thing it on relight ?

Last edited:
So if I leave my house without my pin being welded over. I could be jailed, fined, and my license revoked? That is about as asinine you can get.

You don't even have to leave your house with it. Possession, even at home, is against the Mass AWB.

If for example I have all the parts to build a AR still in the package sitting in my closet this is "constructive possession" as well? At what point is it not "constructive possession"?

Depends on how much you piss someone off.

Back
Top Bottom