Ar15 DIY question

sure did, he confirmed that it was built and registered before the AWB in writing. Don't know how that would fly in court though.

LenS said:
I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but the definition of "pre-ban" by BATFE was "assembled into a COMPLETE PRE-BAN CONFIGURATION FIREARM" (OR A COMPLETE KIT OF PARTS) by 9/13/94. Just because a lower was built before that date DID NOT QUALIFY.

How could anyone prove if a lower manufactured before 9/13/94 was or was not ever assembled into a complete firearm? This illustrates just how absurd the laws are regarding this type of thing. If the parts were manufactured on 9/13/94 and the firearm was assembled from inventory, rather than packaged as a kit of parts, on 9/14/94 it is technically a post-ban? Fed-up does not begin to describe my frustration in dealing with these issues.

Regards,
Chris

I am not a lawyer but... When I got my receiver it was registered to me when I left the FFL. I built the gun about a week later. I had to re-register it again with a FA10 form within 7 days of building a complete gun.

Hey as long as the stae of massachusetts beleives that "assault weapons" have been banned here Ill keep buying whats available because the one thing that makes pre or post the same is at least we can still use detachable 30 round mags..as long as capacity is there who cares..although I do have 2 preban factory Bushmasters.

Chris,

Every mfr was REQUIRED to supply S/Ns for pre-ban SAW to BATFE and that is the baseline that BATFE used to determine if it was exempt or not.

Still should hold with MA law, but one never knows with the morons on Bacon Hill.

Also realize that a lot of what you could do was in CFRs (Regs to interpret the law) and those did NOT translate over to MGLs and EOPS is/was of no mind to create CMRs to clarify any of this stuff (i.e. mirror the Fed CFRs)!

So it could be a long road and expensive one thru the court system trying to convince an anti-gun judge/jury that we should be able to do in MA what the Feds let folks do during the AWB (with no MA legal precedent to back you up)!

Back
Top Bottom