• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 "Wall Hanger" Device

Seeing as autokeycard man's own lawyer used the word "etched", I suspect BATFE is getting a conviction on this.

If he'd gone for ink silkscreen instead of fiber laser etching (that is, zero removal of metal), this man's defense might have a viable argument.
im pretty sure you can't even print a location of an sear pin hole on an ar with cerakote without running afoul of the atf. I think their verbiage included something like indicating the position of or something like that.

My friend wanted me to ask this question about the wall hanging thing, or even just a bent up coat hanger. Do you need to drill a 3rd hole in your lower receiver?

I believe the 3rd hole is only used with a select-fire trigger group, which allows you to instantly switch back and forth between semi or full.
The wall-hanger and auto-key cards are "drop-in auto sear" devices, which makes the rifle fire full-auto only, and must be removed before you can go back to semi auto.

Last edited:
What this world needs
is an aftermarket security device
for the action of an AR-15
which requires drilling a Hillary Hole
in a place that looks felonious
but is sufficiently offset
that it doesn't actually allow
operation of an auto-sear.

If everyone is sporting a 3rd hole,
no one is sporting a 3rd hole.

Last edited:
Fate has not been kind to those that operate with the clear confines of the law, but with obvious intent to make it easier for others to break the law, while waving a flag in front of the ATF yelling "there is nothing you can do to me, I am not breaking the law".

There are times when the ATF plays the game of "Nice business here, it would be a shame if we disagreed with your interpretation that device/pre-device or parts kits does not break the law, indicted you, and hauled you before a court that likes us and hates your type. We suggest you cut that shit out". I believe Bob Stewart of Maadi-Griffin fame was given the opportunity to accept the ATFs determination his 50BMG kits were complete guns and stop selling them, but he knew he was right, refused, got indicted and lost. The company making the Atkins Accelerator spring driven butt stock faced a similar choice, folded, and did not get indicted. Stewart made his point, but changed nothing in terms of public policy.

I believe the 3rd hole is only used with a select-fire trigger group, which allows you to instantly switch back and forth between semi or full.
The wall-hanger and auto-key cards are "drop-in auto sear" devices, which makes the rifle fire full-auto only, and must be removed before you can go back to semi auto.
it was always a mystery to me why not a single vendor yet did not make a select fire solid body drop-in trigger with a custom safety switch to do all the fire modes. realistically, that 3rd hole is not needed for that at all, the task is perfectly doable as is.

it was always a mystery to me why not a single vendor yet did not make a select fire solid body drop-in trigger with a custom safety switch to do all the fire modes. realistically, that 3rd hole is not needed for that at all, the task is perfectly doable as is.
Why would anyone design a product that cannot be sold?

i was wrong, btw. it existed in 2014. probably all of it got confiscated by now, but, it existed.
That's a forced reset trigger - not really full auto but given the current state of ATF stupidity it is treated the same.

Edit: Still available but on back order

Last edited:
That's a forced reset trigger - not really full auto but given the current state of ATF stupidity it is treated the same.
i know - but - the point is - they outfitted it with a 3 way safety switch - that is still uncommon for forced reset.
meh, anyway. i got now 3 of my ARs on triggertech - it is a pure awesomeness. you can play it with almost same speed as a forced reset one, with your finger.
should have bought more of those while they were on sale for $150, but, heck with it.

Not being tracked is very hard today - It's possible but sights like those that host these files are triggers for being added to yet another list
True, but since we're already on the list just by being here, what difference does it make.
If they want you they will come.
The only question is how you will go.

That is exactly how the Taiwanese AR15’s work. It’s a full drop in trigger unit with auto sear, no third hole required.

RC

Case update on the auto key card saga.

Mr. Ervin and Matt Hoover (YouTuber CRS firearms)are headed to trial this week.

Matt Hoover is represented by Matt Larosiere who was former lead counsel for Firearms policy Cololition and was involved in the Bruen case.

It should be interesting as the prosecutor is the least experienced attorney in the room and has a degree from a lessor university.

Back
Top Bottom