• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15's - Who makes the best ones and why?

Here is the problem i see and it is in no way directed at you, PaulD, people get it in there head that they have to have items like a $140 battlecomp when they have no idea how an AR even shoots then when they price everything out quality is sacrificed where it counts.

That is a very good point that I can't argue, and it further highlights how much this state sucks. In fact our asinine laws made it more difficult to build my own AR. I knew I wanted a comp and I had to have it pinned/welded, which meant making sure the gas block and barrel nut were installed and all that horsecrap.

NES shoots are a possible solution, but not perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

All comps are a compromise. The Battecomp gives up effectiveness for less noise. The SJC is very loud but very effective. You can't have both. F the people around me, I want a gun that shoots soft and flat.

Meh. There are at least some comps that are both ineffective and loud.

I'd say (in no particular order) JP, LaRue, Noveske, VLTOR, Colt and LWRC if you want piston.

IMO in terms of budget, I like stage arms and I just picked up a sig 516 gas piston upper and I love it. I have beat the crap out of the sig the last month and it keeps shooting cooler and cleaner than a gas system. Again just my opinion.

Prove me wrong....or are you actually just making the comment with out seeing one, range testing one...yup some old same old attitude....JP is a modest plinker at best but I will give it a good one....BCM...knock yourself out. it's Overpriced... your GLOCK attitude is clouding your thought process buy it cuz ya think it is good...but each has there own ideas...

Last edited:
Prove me wrong....or are you actually just making the comment with out seeing one, range testing one...yup some old same old attitude....JP is a modest plinker at best but I will give it a good one....BCM...knock yourself out. it's Overpriced... your GLOCK attitude is clouding your thought process buy it cuz ya think it is good...but each has there own ideas...

Wow, JP a modest plinker. Epic.

Proves to us WW is a solid manufacturer.

I took a carbine class recently and my Daniel Defense had zero failures after 1700 rounds in 3 days in the hot sun and the range was covered in sand. Guns on the line were DD, LMT, Colt and S&W. No one went down with a problem.

Last edited:
Whoa, I have heard a lot of adjectives used to describe JP rifles, but this is the first I've seen "modest plinker"!

Have you seen, handled and range tested a JP rifle, ISOTOX? Curious how you came to this conclusion...

Back
Top Bottom