• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are Magblocks legal in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Have you ever been in a cockpit before?
2. Do you like gladiator movies?
3. Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

Easy answer - look at the definition in the Law
''Large capacity feeding device'', (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term ''large capacity feeding device'' shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

As long as the mag block is installed in a manner that would require damage to restore full capacity it wouldn't be readily convertible.
A rivet that needs to be drilled out (destroyed) would make a mag not readily convertible.
Epoxy that would break the the floor plate or follower would also make it not readily convertible.

Secondly - Demanding answers doesn't work around here. There is an astounding level of knowledge here but your tone is not the way to tap into that well.

I know exactly who it is from 3 minutes of google use but I'm not into doxing and mean no harm. Just a tip for next time that they should try harder
You know it could just be some random guy who picked an Internet handle someone seemed to already be using. Neither my Facebook nor my IG have my real name.

OP going to jail.
The Big House Jail GIF by ClawsTNT

Surprised no one has suggested you “go green” and get a paid membership. The saucy boomers and 19yr old parent‘s basement AR builders tend to provide better free legal advice to paid members.

Oh, and just get some PMags.

Once you have completed your assignment of giving every member of the NES Stud Club a thorough back massage, complete with happy endings, you shall be granted access to this information that you seek.

You know it could just be some random guy who picked an Internet handle someone seemed to already be using. Neither my Facebook nor my IG have my real name.
:) folks around here don't seem too bright. But what can you expect on a gun forum.

I’m just going to go ahead and post the answer. And no it does not need to be riveted.

''Large capacity feeding device'', (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term ''large capacity feeding device'' shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

If you use a mag block which replaces the retaining plate. Then removing the magblock, in theory allows more than 10 rounds, but without the retaining plate it will fall apart. You can’t readily convert into a functional magazine without possession of all the parts needed to keep it together. Run your mag blocks here, and take them out when you’re shooting up at Sig.

I know exactly who it is from 3 minutes of google use but I'm not into doxing and mean no harm. Just a tip for next time that they should try harder
It wasn’t very hard for me either. This brings me back to dspigs0705 exposé. I won’t be doxing

:) folks around here don't seem too bright. But what can you expect on a gun forum.
hmmm - looking at the PMags website. I don't see any for the X-Macro. What am I missing?
You asked a question that was easily answered by a quick search after asking a question about a clearly illegal activity (out of state ffl transfer)
I'll give the benefit of the doubt that you asked a badly worded question due to being unfamiliar with firearms in general
But now after having received plenty of ribbing for having twice placed your foot squarely in your mouth, you proceed to double down and dig a deeper hole.

I wouldn't go near these mags since it looks like they use hot glue (easily removed) AND the spring is easily removed from the follower/block.
If the baseplate is riveted or epoxied, this mod might pass muster but as shown, I could demonstrate modifying it back to full capacity in less than 60 seconds - likely convincing any jury that it is readily converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom