Are You a "Super Gun Owner"

Last thing I need is another label.

I will say this how can you only own one firearm?

That is so 1776!

Is it coincidence, or meant to associate with the organization, that based on this study, 3% own 50% of the guns (that's 14% of gun owners)?

And on average those 14% owned 18 guns.

The point of this study, as I've said for a while, is to categorize otherwise perfectly healthy, honest, and safe Citizens as somehow mentally unstable because they have an "obsession with instruments of death".

This study would have been used by the Hillary Administration to justify "reasonable" gun regulations, like you can only have one...

Hmmm. I might be a super owner - I've sort of lost count.

To be honest - I'm trying to reduce the collection. I've gotten to the point where I think the maxim: " You don't need to be scared of the person who wants a lot of guns - you need to be scared of the person who only wants one" - is something that bears more relevance going forward in the current political situation.

LOL, I like their bar chart showing guns per capita 'jumping' skyward during the Oblabla admin. Sure, 1.0 to 1.15 is a HUGE jump [rofl].

They scale the chart to exaggerate the modest growth of 0.15. I thought some of my charts used a little creative scaling, but this one makes me look like a chicken by comparison.

Wait a minute - if they're going to call me a "Super" gun owner - that does that mean I get a participation medal? If I'm not "super" any more I'm going to need a safe space to cry in. Are you gun shaming me?

And on average those 14% owned 18 guns

This study would have been used by the Hillary Administration to justify "reasonable" gun regulations, like you can only have one...
golf-clubs-in-bag.jpg
The Rules of Golf limit the number of golf clubs you are allowed to carry in your bag. That limit is 14.
Fourteen clubs for one game and you think I only need one gun...[slap]

Last edited:
Wait a minute - if they're going to call me a "Super" gun owner - that does that mean I get a participation medal? If I'm not "super" any more I'm going to need a safe space to cry in. Are you gun shaming me?

I'm sorry you're confusing "super" gun owner with "special" gun owners. All gun owners are special and get a participation medal. As for me I need to buy a bigger "safe space" to qualify as super.

Hmmm. I might be a super owner - I've sort of lost count.

To be honest - I'm trying to reduce the collection. I've gotten to the point where I think the maxim: " You don't need to be scared of the person who wants a lot of guns - you need to be scared of the person who only wants one" - is something that bears more relevance going forward in the current political situation.

I recently came to the realization that I'm not really a collector. When I got started, I wanted to have 1 of anything I could get my hands on, and my collection expanded really rapidly. I ended up with a bunch of guns that I just don't shoot, and I feel like they would be better off with someone who would shoot them and I would be better off with guns that I would shoot - even if that means selling a few guns to fund the purchase of just one.

I recently came to the realization that I'm not really a collector. When I got started, I wanted to have 1 of anything I could get my hands on, and my collection expanded really rapidly. I ended up with a bunch of guns that I just don't shoot, and I feel like they would be better off with someone who would shoot them and I would be better off with guns that I would shoot - even if that means selling a few guns to fund the purchase of just one.

That's sort of how I went for a while. Kept buying stuff I liked and found interesting. I haven't had much time to go shooting lately - and a lot of the stuff has just been sitting there. With the way the world is going lately - I've sort of come around to the viewpoint that I need to cut down the collection - keep just a few things I really like - and then have a "core" few pieces that will be my "go to" stuff when the SHTF time comes.

I'm not going to be able to carry all the stuff out on my back - so past a certain point there's no reason to have it around.

in regard to selling the ones you don't shoot,
I've never heard anybody smile & say "I'm soooo glad I sold that one," but I've heard lotsa guys say "I had one & I sold it -doh" whilst shaking their heads sadly....

golf-clubs-in-bag.jpg
The Rules of Golf limit the number of golf clubs you are allowed to carry in your bag. That limit is 14.
Fourteen clubs for one game and you think I only need one gun...[slap]

[rofl] we have a winner!

Also, you dont try to do a whole home improvement project with a single philips screwdriver, do you? Different tools for different purposes. Some of my anti friends have been completely astonished when I told them about the variety of firearms designs all oriented toward different tasks. I'm talking to you, guy who brings the Mossberg 500 to skeet night.

in regard to selling the ones you don't shoot,
I've never heard anybody smile & say "I'm soooo glad I sold that one," but I've heard lotsa guys say "I had one & I sold it -doh" whilst shaking their heads sadly....
Have you ever heard someone brag about a great trade?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

This - I had an unfired M1A that I sold my friend after my LaRue OBR Heavy came in, I would have had no use for it, probably would have Barricade Treated it and put it in the back of the safe - but still regret selling it.

Back
Top Bottom