Are You a "Super Gun Owner"

I'm a super screwdriver owner. Is that a thing yet? I only own 6 steak knives right now, unless you count the old shitty ones that serve as tools, then I'm not sure.

in regard to selling the ones you don't shoot,
I've never heard anybody smile & say "I'm soooo glad I sold that one," but I've heard lotsa guys say "I had one & I sold it -doh" whilst shaking their heads sadly....

I've sold quite a few guns that I simply do not miss at all. SIG P239. HK USPc in .40 and .45. Kimber Royal Carry.

If you can recall off the top of your head how many firearms you own, it's probably not enough.

This. When someone asks, I just get a thoughtful look on my face, stare at the ceiling, mutter " carry the two..." and then just shrug my shoulders and say " I dunno.... a few"

I blame the state.

The state requires mandatory firearm training. That training must follow specific approved programs. Those programs require the demonstration of and steps to render safe of many different types of actions. In my quest to properly instruct and allow students to experience the wide array of actions and even the differences in the way similar actions operate, it is required that I supply classes with examples that as an experienced instructor, present a representative array of the most likely firearms to be encountered.

I do not own anything other than an educational array of unique firearms.

"The key number was 14% of all gun owners, or 7.6mm adults and 3% of the total U.S. population, possessed 50% of all guns owned by civilians in the country..."

Those sure are little people.
Put another way, a population about equal to Austria's owns as many guns as all of Europe. Winning.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Can we get a super rating per generation or era of guns
I would like a super rating for my WWII stuff then a super rating for each major player in WWII oh yeah and can I get a super extra special super rating for all the bastard child storebranded beat up ones?

Thought you had more than that. You're slipping, Rog. If only you had a friendly FFL close by... [smile]

Quality, not quantity. And, remember, I used to be a Type 01 and 06 FFL.

Jeez, how many guys do you know that have a couple of elephant guns? Other than me, of course.

So I wonder what the label will be for people who own more then 100 rounds of ammo for a gun they own. I wouldn't know what that feels like as I only have a couple dusty rounds for an old rifle I haven't used in years. Don't even think it works.

Nonresident. At least that's what Mass will call us.

If you can recall off the top of your head how many firearms you own, it's probably not enough.

If you can recall how many, to the number, you either have too few, or a bad case of OCD. Remember, I said about 100. I'd have to inventory to make sure. That would take some time.

Is there a cape involved? I have always wanted a cape.

I try and pull everything out a couple of times a year and clean and oil them. Some of them are like old girlfriends. They are still gorgeous, and hold a special place in my heart, but they have not been used in years.

Fencer, that's the most poetic thing I've read on here in a while.[rockon]

"They are still gorgeous, and hold a special place in my heart, but they have not been used in years."

Epic!

Last edited:
Is there a cape involved? I have always wanted a cape.

I try and pull everything out a couple of times a year and clean and oil them. Some of them are like old girlfriends. They are still gorgeous, and hold a special place in my heart, but they have not been used in years.

Are they unstable, and known to blow off unexpectedly too?

Are they unstable, and known to blow off unexpectedly too?

Nah... but some of them had issues handling high power ammo, especially when you tried to breach load them. A few of them were just not capable of handling high capacity. One in particular, I just plain wore out. It was still real pretty, but the bore is sloppy now from over use.

Quality, not quantity. And, remember, I used to be a Type 01 and 06 FFL.

Jeez, how many guys do you know that have a couple of elephant guns? Other than me, of course.

Well, considering I remember reading about a guy that took a lot of elephants with a .303, that means I've got at least one, myself. [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm a super gun owner. Really, really super. I'm the most super gun owner ever. I have built the most super gun collection -- no one builds a more super gun collection than me.

I'm a super gun owner. Really, really super. I'm the most super gun owner ever. I have built the most super gun collection -- no one builds a more super gun collection than me.
Is your collection yuuge?

Nah... but some of them had issues handling high power ammo, especially when you tried to breach load them. A few of them were just not capable of handling high capacity. One in particular, I just plain wore out. It was still real pretty, but the bore is sloppy now from over use.

That was the one you lent to your friends on that hunting trip?

Damnedest thing just happened! I bought a new gun at lunch, and my damn boat sank on the way home! I swear, these defective boats I keep buying are really killing me. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom