Are You a "Super Gun Owner"

Its just like all other stats, I'm sure they counted ever person who couldn't legally own a gun due to being a PP or underage. While in fact a large proprtion of PP still own guns anyway. Then ignore the fact that lots of other people just don't talk about their gun ownership..

Ive been hearing there are about 300 million firearms in the USA for how long now?
I'm sure there are over 500,000 million guns, unless 100,000 million have escaped to Mexico and Canada.

IMHO this is a bullshit stat, it's being floated by MSM because they want people to believe that most of the guns in the US are owned by only a small cross section of the population.

This whole nostrum is another part of "gun control 2.0" .

Someone will say "but why are the studies innacurate".

Anything from "Such and So School of Public Health" is automatically suspect. "Public Health" doctors are f***ing moonbats that failed at being real doctors, so instead they get into this "medicine as social justice" fake "Public Health" field. This means they're basically in bed with the antis and other moonbat orgs right out of the gate.

Most of these studies are designed from the ground up to create a predetermined outcome. Someone will say "but what about peer review?" Who are their peers? Oh wait... you guessed it... MORE f***ING "public health" MOONBATS! lmao. Nobody outside of their little bubble pays attention to this junk science.

I'm curious even how they gathered the data. Has anyone here ever been pinged for a gun ownership survey by an independent party?

NES has like, thousands of people on it. And I've not seen ONE SINGLE f***ING PERSON here say they got interviewed about how many guns they bought, etc. If they have it would be enlightening if they came forward.

That's why this whole thing just reeks of fraud- IMHO it's another wing of Shitberg & Co. trying to destroy gun ownership, it's another "peacock" maneuver... "exaggerate ones stature while trying to diminish the stature of your opponent."

-Mike

They will grasp any straw available. The new "flash mob" because it gets traction with tide pod generation and the people who still revere the kennedy crime family.

The methodology of the cited Pew Research Center survey:
The American Trends Panel (ATP), created by the Pew Research Center, is a nationally representative panel of randomly selected U.S. adults recruited from landline and cellphone random-digit dial (RDD) surveys. Panelists participate via monthly self-administered web surveys. Panelists who do not have internet access are provided with a tablet and wireless internet connection. The panel is being managed by Abt Associates.

Most of the data in this report are based on 3,930 respondents who participated in both the March 13 to 27, 2017, and April 4 to 18, 2017, waves of the panel. The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 3,930 respondents is plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

Members of the American Trends Panel were recruited from two large, national landline and cellphone random-digit dial surveys conducted in English and Spanish. At the end of each survey, respondents were invited to join the panel. The first group of panelists was recruited from the 2014 Political Polarization and Typology Survey, conducted January 23 to March 16, 2014. Of the 10,013 adults interviewed, 9,809 were invited to take part in the panel and a total of 5,338 agreed to participate.4 The second group of panelists was recruited from the 2015 Survey on Government, conducted Aug. 27 to Oct. 4, 2015. Of the 6,004 adults interviewed, all were invited to join the panel, and 2,976 agreed to participate.5

Methodology

Since the advent of Caller ID, any survey that uses random calling to select participants is suspect as working people, as a rule, do not pick up for a number they do not know. I don't care how much they may attempt to normalize the data afterwards. The fact that this "panel" of theirs has enough time on their hands to volunteer to take a series of surveys over time makes them even less representative of the population at large.

IMHO this is a bullshit stat, it's being floated by MSM because they want people to believe that most of the guns in the US are owned by only a small cross section of the population.

Anything from "Such and So School of Public Health" is automatically suspect. "Public Health" doctors are f***ing moonbats that failed at being real doctors, so instead they get into this "medicine as social justice" fake "Public Health" field. This means they're basically in bed with the antis and other moonbat orgs right out of the gate.

Most of these studies are designed from the ground up to create a predetermined outcome. Someone will say "but what about peer review?" Who are their peers? Oh wait... you guessed it... MORE f***ING "public health" MOONBATS! lmao. Nobody outside of their little bubble pays attention to this junk science.

I'm curious even how they gathered the data. Has anyone here ever been pinged for a gun ownership survey by an independent party?

NES has like, thousands of people on it. And I've not seen ONE SINGLE f***ING PERSON here say they got interviewed about how many guns they bought, etc. If they have it would be enlightening if they came forward.

That's why this whole thing just reeks of fraud- IMHO it's another wing of Shitberg & Co. trying to destroy gun ownership, it's another "peacock" maneuver... "exaggerate ones stature while trying to diminish the stature of your opponent."

-Mike

Not to mention that almost every gun owner in Massachusetts is going to deny owning guns if some random person calls them on the phone asking if they own guns.

Its just like all other stats, I'm sure they counted ever person who couldn't legally own a gun due to being a PP or underage. While in fact a large proprtion of PP still own guns anyway. Then ignore the fact that lots of other people just don't talk about their gun ownership..

Ive been hearing there are about 300 million firearms in the USA for how long now?
I'm sure there are over 500,000 million guns, unless 100,000 million have escaped to Mexico and Canada.

FWIW I tallied up NICS checks from 2010-Now as that stat was in a report in 2009 (not sure what their source data was for the 300 million but it has to be cut off at or before end of 2009). In that period (2010 to now) there have been 170,465,078 NICS checks. I can guarantee "some" of those are transfers on used guns and "a few" guns got trashed or turned in during that period but safe to say the number is off by "many many" million.

-Mike

I told a friend who was in data analysis that I don't put a lot of stock in surveys about gun ownership because who in their right mind would pick up a random call and tell them all about the stuff they own. If I wouldn't tell someone how many electronic devices I own then why would I tell them if or how many firearms I own? He was SHOCKED to think that people would even consider not telling the truth to a survey administrator.

Back
Top Bottom