• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arrest in Watertown for fake ammo

Well, like it or not boyz the dude caused a panic amongst the populace. You can piss and moan and kibbitz and talk all big behind your screens but the simple reality is the guy looked scary. Now I'll just bet if some you boyz were on that bus and that dude came on that bus you would be reaching for your smart phones ready to share with all 16,000 of your NES BFFs how there was this Killy lookin' guy with an ammo belt and spiked gloves and just what should I do? Draw down on him, ignore him or what?

It was probably the gloves more than the fake ammo that was cause for concern.

Now whether you feel that the law is right or not is a different issue. If you want to help the guy start a legal defense fund on Go Fund Me, otherwise it will play out most likely like Len said: a deal will be struck, best a CWOF, worst some kind of misdemeanor plea with community service, nothing to see here now move along.

If all of this really upsets you that much, move to Idaho or someplace. Nope, didn't think so [rolleyes]

Once again the world of should do collides with the world of reality.

Last edited:
Well, like it or not boyz the dude caused a panic amongst the populace. You can piss and moan and kibbitz and talk all big behind your screens but the simple reality is the guy looked scary. Now I'll just bet if some you boyz were on that bus and that dude came on that bus you would be reaching for your smart phones ready to share with all 16,000 of your NES BFFs how there was this Killy lookin' with an ammo belt and spiked gloves and just what should I do? Draw down on him, ignore him or what?

It was probably the gloves more than the fake ammo that was cause for concern.

Now whether you feel that the law is right or not is a different issue. If you want to help the guy start a legal defense fund on Go Fund Me, otherwise it will play out most likely like Len said: a deal will be struck, best a CWOF, worst some kind of misdemeanor plea with community service, nothing to see here now move along.

If all of this really upsets you that much, move to Idaho or someplace. Nope, didn't think so [rolleyes]

Once again the world of should do collides with the world of reality.

Too bad it's not in America!!!

Well, like it or not boyz the dude caused a panic amongst [strike=the populace]the populace[/strike] a bus load of pu**ies.

FIFY.

So now because of other peoples <insert adjective here> folks should get pinched?

Hell, I scared(don't ask me how) the cashier girl at Taco Bell last week. She asked me what I wanted and I said a crunch wrap supreme no sour cream and she ran off and hid in the drive thru and wouldn't come back out. Someone finally came over(guessing the assistant manager because nobody else took the initiative) and asked me in a rather accusatory manner what I had said to her, even with the two guys in line behind me confirming my "story" I was told it would have to be to go because I had somehow managed to upset her. I guess I should go to jail for being the monster that I am ordering something without sour cream. How dare I!

I guess if my 5'8", 205lb, cargo short, plain t-shirt, five finger wearing, 44yr old self is that imposing maybe I should walk the earth like Kwai Chang Caine and get everyone in line so everything can be unicorns, pixie dust, and rainbows. [rolleyes]

FIFY. So now because of other peoples <insert adjective here> folks should get pinched? Hell, I scared(don't ask me how) the cashier girl at Taco Bell last week. She asked me what I wanted and I said a crunch wrap supreme no sour cream and she ran off and hid in the drive thru and wouldn't come back out. Someone finally came over(guessing the assistant manager because nobody else took the initiative) and asked me in a rather accusatory manner what I had said to her, even with the two guys in line behind me confirming my "story" I was told it would have to be to go because I had somehow managed to upset her. I guess I should go to jail for being the monster that I am ordering something without sour cream. How dare I! I guess if my 5'8", 205lb, cargo short, plain t-shirt, five finger wearing, 44yr old self is that imposing maybe I should walk the earth like Kwai Chang Caine and get everyone in line so everything can be unicorns, pixie dust, and rainbows. [rolleyes]

See that ain't the point dude, this is Amerika 2015. A couple of months ago I was asked to leave my local credit union cuz I upset a teller. I asked her to break my twenty into a ten and two fives. It was a Saturday morning and there was only two tellers on duty. I was asked if I had an account. I said whatever did it matter. Next thing I was told I was threatening the tellers and I had better leave or else. I'm a member of that credit union but that's beside the point. Now dudes like you Christian have immature reading skills and when I post reality based stuff you want to get argumentative with me. I can just see you get all whiny "so now...blah, blah..." Thing is causing a public disturbance or a breach of the peace goes back to common law. You may not like it, and I don't like it and you can piss and moans like any 13 year old about how unfair it is, but there it is. You seem to think I'm defending it, I'm not, I'm just not morally outraged because none of you keyboard commandos are goi to do anything to change anything about it one damn bit. Get over it and yourselves, cuz you live in Amerika 2015 and bitchin' bout it on NES does absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
See that ain't the point dude, this is Amerika 2015. A couple of months ago I was asked to leave my local credit union cuz I upset a teller. I asked her to break my twenty into a ten and two fives. It was a Saturday morning and there was only two tellers on duty. I was asked if I had an account. I said whatever did it matter. Next thing I was told I was threatening the tellers and I had better leave or else. I'm a member of that credit union but that's beside the point. Now dudes like you Christian have immature reading skills and when I post reality based stuff you want to get argumentative with me. I can just see you get all whiny "so now...blah, blah..." Thing is causing a public disturbance or a breach of the peace goes back to common law. You may not like it, and I don't like it and you can piss and moans like any 13 year old about how unfair it is, but there it is. You seem to think I'm defending it, I'm not, I'm just not morally outraged because none of you keyboard commandos are goi to do anything to change anything about it one damn bit. Get over it and yourselves, cuz you live in Amerika 2015 and bitchin' bout it on NES does absolutely nothing.
Breach of peace requires the intention to breach or an action that falls so far outside the norm that it is facially disruptive.

I don't see where any example given so far reaches those standards.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

[rolleyes] It's only a reality because folks like yourself seem more than happy to bend over and take it allowing it to become a reality instead of questioning the absurdity of the situation, but read into it whatever you like.

And if you believe asking a question somehow equates to being argumentative, whiny, and pissing and moaning perhaps you need up your dosages.

The kid would have fewer problems if his parents had treated hauling him down to the PD to get his FID as part of growing up. Even if expired, the FID would provide protection against the ammo charge (assuming he was not disqualified for the FID because of dirtbaggededness)

I remember a story about a NESer;s kid being hassled for a bullet keychain, but the poster's comment was "since it was my kid, you know what happened next" (kir produced FID)

- >10 links together is a large-cap feeding device per MGL and if not pre-ban a felony to possess. Possession without a LTC is a felony.

One could make a credible argument that the links do not constitute a high cap feeding device unless linking functional ammo.

[rolleyes] It's only a reality because folks like yourself seem more than happy to bend over and take it allowing it to become a reality instead of questioning the absurdity of the situation, but read into it whatever you like.

And if you believe asking a question somehow equates to being argumentative, whiny, and pissing and moaning perhaps you need up your dosages.

No Christian (the irony of your name is not lost on me) your little barbed ad hom aside, the issue here is where you posit the question. What good does it do on a firearms forum? You are going to probably get a lot of people to agree with you, but so what? If you want to affect some kind of change, then do you honestly think this is the appropriate venue to begin to affect that change, or do you simply want to kibbitz with like minded fellow travelers who think like you? Somehow when a bunch of people all agree that something sucks, they think they are questioning things and bringing about something different when in effect they are spinning their wheels and nothing will change and nothing does change, so I fail to see your point. Sometime in the near future another kid will wear some kind of killy looking outfit on public transportation and somebody will get their panties in a snit, the kid will get busted (just like this one and the kid at Fitchburg State) and you or somebody like you will post on NES, and guess what everybody will agree that it is all bad but NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WILL HAVE CHANGED Now either go back to your world of shoulds and unicorns and rainbows or try to make a difference if it really upsets you that much, that's my point, nothing more. Questioning it on a gun forum in front of a receptive audience is hardly a meaningful gesture IMO, but if it makes you feel good and at the same time you can take a few swipes at me because I can confuse you with a few inconvenient truths, go for it, because in the end it is really all about you and how you feel, right Christian?

Sometime in the near future another kid will wear some kind of killy looking outfit on public transportation and somebody will get their panties in a snit, the kid will get busted
Or, the kid will have an FID card, not be on school property, and not have any recreational chemicals or anything that could be construed as a weapon on his person.

The kid would have fewer problems if his parents had treated hauling him down to the PD to get his FID as part of growing up. Even if expired, the FID would provide protection against the ammo charge (assuming he was not disqualified for the FID because of dirtbaggededness)

I remember a story about a NESer;s kid being hassled for a bullet keychain, but the poster's comment was "since it was my kid, you know what happened next" (kir produced FID)

Not with 69 links connected, need LTC.

One could make a credible argument that the links do not constitute a high cap feeding device unless linking functional ammo.

The police won't look at it this way, so permanent arrest record to explain, massive legal bills and either a CWOF plea deal or try convincing a judge.

You and I both know that law and "right" no longer apply in the Commiewealth!

Not with 69 links connected, need LTC.

The police won't look at it this way, so permanent arrest record to explain, massive legal bills and either a CWOF plea deal or try convincing a judge.

And why is that?? it's rifle ammo, how it's configured is not detailed in the law.

The sword cuts both ways.

I cannot discuss the details, but I recently read of a case where defendant's counsel used logic that was a FAR greater reach than "linked dummy rounds not high cap" in a case where the defendant did not copy a plea, and judge simply did not feel like convicting the person.

Somehow I have a feeling that argument that because the PMAG I brought behind the Iron Curtain didn't contain any ammo inside, it therefore does not fall under the AWB wouldn't hold up...

Somehow I have a feeling that argument that because the PMAG I brought behind the Iron Curtain didn't contain any ammo inside, it therefore does not fall under the AWB wouldn't hold up...

I agree. A high cap feeding device is what it regardless of whether it contains ammo. It's all stupidity, but it IS the law here nonetheless.

Once again some moron wanted to look bad ass and scary..... and it worked.
i don't know what you're imagining. i imagine he was being fashionable in his own sense and nothing else.
[rockon]

3d165ebf-17ee-4e94-9106-d35086df234a

PS> i hope someone here knows who that is.

it just doesn't pay to be punk anymore.

[laugh] right?

i can't believe people are calling the cops over bullet belts now. used to wear one around myself! in cambridge/boston at that!

my mother bought one (hilariously from the same site i used to buy my punk shit) and i told her she couldn't possess it much less use it in her sculpture without a LTC. she couldn't believe it. welcome to MA!

Well, like it or not boyz the dude caused a panic amongst the populace. You can piss and moan and kibbitz and talk all big behind your screens but the simple reality is the guy looked scary.

You know what though, past a point, **** them being scared. **** them with a rusty sword. I have a friend who works on motorcycles that's almost 7 feet tall, well built. He's a nice guy but he "scares" people just by existing because he looks like he's about to destroy someone at any given moment. Using the sheeple-retardo logic he should be harassed by police for simply "appearing intimidating. "

I get it, some sheep is scared, kopsch get called and they have to "do something" but arresting someone for that shit is just validating the absurdity of it all.

What gets me about this is some guy wearing stupid shit gets on a bus, probably sits down minds his own business, and people go FR... yet every third or fourth time I'm on some kind of MBTA conveyance, there usually is some massive douchebag whose (probably) intoxicated and getting pissy with someone, who actually looks like they could get violent, and nobody says a single word or "gets scared". Funny how that works.

-Mike

[laugh] right?

i can't believe people are calling the cops over bullet belts now. used to wear one around myself! in cambridge/boston at that!

my mother bought one (hilariously from the same site i used to buy my punk shit) and i told her she couldn't possess it much less use it in her sculpture without a LTC. she couldn't believe it. welcome to MA!

they'll be coming after red plaid pants next, it's for the children.

When I was a kid everyone knew I liked gun stuff, so they'd give me whatever shell casings, bullets, belts, etc they had laying around. Even went to the police station and an officer gave me a handful of dud ammo. And this was post '98 so I can't imagine how many laws were broken before I was old enough to get an LTC.

they'll be coming after red plaid pants next, it's for the children.

no hair spikes over 10"!

wait until they discover the 40 ounce large-capacity drinking devices. the availability of such sobriety-destroying devices to our nation's children is appalling.

then again they already banned original brew four loko. i can attest that those things will **** you UP. so can the cops who kept having to return to that party! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom