Ashland police

Has anyone followed all of the issues at the Ashland ma police department? If you google it or search metrowest daily news it is astounding that the Chief is still in place. Thoughts?

The report finds that Rohmer bought jackets and ammunition for "friends and supporters" of the department, which the town manager deemed was not a misuse of funds.

Ammo for friends of the dept. huh?

It also found that a Glock 27 handgun, missing since 2008 - before Rohmer was named chief - was only reported missing in February and had not been found when the report was published on June 3.

Never even knew any of this was going on and I live in Ashland. Going to the department to make some friends cause I really could use some free ammo right now.

I've been following it too. I do have friends in the department. However, I am not on the friends of Rohmer list. It's too bad for the department... Lots of great folks there.

i they weren't such dicks about issuing licenses, and actually did the job in a workman like and professional manor,as the taxpayers are paying them to do, none of this crap would carry the animosity with the public like it does.

Where did you hear that? You almost want to ask, what grounds on this position are they taking?

Small town rumors. My position is that the whole things is messed up. If a citizen or one of the patrolmen had acted like this they would have been delt with in a " normal" manner. Every person that has ever been denied a LTC from this chief should be pissed. The Milford chief took away pomponios LTC. Then a judge upheld the decision saying that he was unstable. Then Rohmer used his powers to give him one anyways. Does anyone think this would happen for you or me? I think not. Another crack in a broken system.

i they weren't such dicks about issuing licenses, and actually did the job in a workman like and professional manor,as the taxpayers are paying them to do, none of this crap would carry the animosity with the public like it does.

The Ashland PD is probably one of the best towns to deal with - "restrictions none" is the norm, and the last time I tried to make a renewal appointment I was told to "come down right now if you want".

The Ashland PD is probably one of the best towns to deal with - "restrictions none" is the norm, and the last time I tried to make a renewal appointment I was told to "come down right now if you want".

Exactly. When I called for an appointment they told me to come down in ten minutes and issued a class A no restrictions, no questions asked.

~Dave~
www.HopkintonHeavyHitters.org

Back
Top Bottom