ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

Form 2, now the 4 wait time begins! Form 3s have been taking up to over 1 year sometimes!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Form 2, now the 4 wait time begins! Form 3s have been taking up to over 1 year sometimes!

A Form 2 is a "Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported". My understanding is that a Form 2 doesn't actually require approval at all, and is simply a notification from an FFL/SOT to the ATF that an NFA firearm has been maufactured/imported.

It still gets signed, approved and given an ATF control number. We initially thought the same thing. The paper version takes 4-5 months.

Do I have to wait for my stamp to come back before submitting the 5320.20?

no. just state that it is not serviceable. that is what i did.

it's not a rifle, just the lower in trust property. not title II so it's fine to move without the 5320. i did it so they'd know where to send the stamp.

How does the rule change affect e-forms? Can you even submit fingerprints and a chief signature with an e-form?

How does the rule change affect e-forms? Can you even submit fingerprints and a chief signature with an e-form?
Hasn't changed yet, so nobody knows for sure.
No, the eForms (currently) have no provisions for those items, so are not usable except for entities like a business or trust.

I'm not moving, just hitting a few courses in NH over the next year.

What did your form 1 get kicked back for?

wrong address on form, wrong firearm information ('cause of address), and wrong trust name (legit **** up on my part, added "revocable" when it was unnecessary).

sent corrections and two signed new printed forms if they'd rather take one of those.

waiting now.

Take this for what it is worth, but I was at the SIG pro shop today picking up a new P938 (for half off, knowing a SIG employee is awesome). I inquired about Form 1's and was told the wait time for submitting via USPS (fingerprints, etc) was 16, yes SIXTEEN months.

NFA branch told me ~9 last week.

12/13 was when i received my "you suck, fix this" from the ATF meaning they otherwise would have processed the form, forms arrived 5/15 and went pending 7/24.

so two days shy of seven months and in theory it could have been processed.

the fact here is that no one really know, but if you can do/already have a trust you should E-FILE! guy on here made me rage getting his stamp in like four months.

Past performance does not guarantee future results.

If you use NFAtracker, you can see data from people who got their stamps this month by when submitted/cashed/pending. You can also submit your own data, and post reviews of NFA FFLs.

Take this for what it is worth, but I was at the SIG pro shop today picking up a new P938 (for half off, knowing a SIG employee is awesome). I inquired about Form 1's and was told the wait time for submitting via USPS (fingerprints, etc) was 16, yes SIXTEEN months.
Nobody really knows what the wait time is going to be for newly submitted forms, all predictions are SWAG.

As mentioned by Atilla, had you filed 9 months ago, you'd have your stamp already. Sure the volume has increased since then, but so has the number of examiners. It'll happen when it happens.

Just submitted my Form 1 electronically tonight. The ones from September are coming back in about 10 weeks or so... I'm trying not to get too excited, but if I had it approved by mid-March that would be awesome.

Hmm my math sucks, vellnueve's took about 13 weeks? Still...

Last edited:
With an e Form, how does the stamp come back? Do they give you an electronic thing to print out, or do they mail a stamped form back to you? How long from approval to receiving the stamp?

I just did an online trust with guntrust.com. I've got myself set up as the settlor and also as the trustee. The way it reads, it looks as if I'm entering into a trust agreement with myself. Does this sound correct? If so, I'm the only one who needs to be at the notary, correct?

I have no co trustees and my wife as beneficiary.

Thanks

From what I've seen on the inter webs they don't send out a paper stamp just the digital one you print off from the eforms site.

I just did an online trust with guntrust.com. I've got myself set up as the settlor and also as the trustee. The way it reads, it looks as if I'm entering into a trust agreement with myself. Does this sound correct? If so, I'm the only one who needs to be at the notary, correct?

I have no co trustees and my wife as beneficiary.

Thanks

I got mine from the same place. Same setup, though I have a co-trustee. Yes on notary, though you'll need a couple witnesses.

I got mine from the same place. Same setup, though I have a co-trustee. Yes on notary, though you'll need a couple witnesses.
Ok, great. So, I'm assuming I don't need to submit the exhibits 1 & 2 referring to additional co-trustees & declaration of co-trustees ? Also, did you send a copy of your LTC ?

Ok, great. So, I'm assuming I don't need to submit the exhibits 1 & 2 referring to additional co-trustees & declaration of co-trustees ? Also, did you send a copy of your LTC ?

There wouldn't be any #2 because you have no co-trustees. Not sure about #1, how does anyone know whether or not there are any co trustees without seeing that form? But I'm not a lawyer

Yes I included a copy of my LTC (front and back). I didn't for my co trustee and am hoping they don't need it, but I think not because you can have co trustees in other states.

There wouldn't be any #2 because you have no co-trustees. Not sure about #1, how does anyone know whether or not there are any co trustees without seeing that form? But I'm not a lawyer

Yes I included a copy of my LTC (front and back). I didn't for my co trustee and am hoping they don't need it, but I think not because you can have co trustees in other states.
I could write N/A on those I suppose, have them notorized, and send them in. I think I will try to get in touch with Guntrust to ask.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom