ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

7/11 might get lucky or it might be October, who knows. The 7/12 and 7/13 forms are the shit show. I think we are all waiting to see 7/21/16 forms, if there are any.

A 5320.20 of mine was mailed out on March 14
The approval was stamped April 10, and received in the mail today.

so, about 30 days door to door

Mailed March 28, back stamped April 13, returned May 25. I had 5 items on it, maybe if I did them one at a time it would be faster but them I would end up with a pile of form 20's which is a pain in the ass.

Things have been pretty slow. I'm a month past the deadline they gave me. Not surprised. I'm tempted to get another SBR but really don't enjoy waiting

I got this message from a friend in reference to paper forms...im not sure how it relates to efile.

5/30/2017 FYI
Just called they processing 1st&2nd of July 16. Saying 10 to 11 months wait time .

Just a heads up .

. I just received a paper form 4 approval from 8/2017 took 10 months

I've seen 7/11/16 approvals on eFile form 1's just starting to come through. Best guess is 7/12 and 7/13 forms will be another 1-2 months.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. My first wait was 12 months.So really its not shockingly long.
When i got my first SBR,DD which i efiled it was like 5 months.. i couldnt belive how quickly it went by when i was waiting for a year before.It is hard to put out of mind.
Now that my mp5 and beltfed hosts will be shipping after a 10 month wait, I am dieing to get my sear.
Looks like ill be shooting .308 beltfed semi next NES shoot...[rolleyes]

Efiled 7/11/16
Approved 6/8/17

Best part is back on 7/11/16 my Ltc expired 8/25/16. Atf never rejected it not asked for copy of renewed ltc

Efiled 7/11/16
Approved 6/8/17

Best part is back on 7/11/16 my Ltc expired 8/25/16. Atf never rejected it not asked for copy of renewed ltc

Yesterday was 06/07/2017
So did you get a pre-approval a day early for your approval on 06/08/2017 LOL
I think you messed up the date.

But I would have figured Massachusetts approvals would have been a month or even 2 months longer than any other state because of the hold up we had last year.

Hopefully my 07/11/2016 will be approved soon but I just checked and that stupid eforms websight is down so I can't check shit.

Last edited:
My 7/13 Form1 just came back today. I forgot to attach copy of LTC. Just send out a copy front and back to WV? Or should I call and get the agent's name for it to be done faster?

has anyone received a 5320.20 approval recently? I submitted one back in Jan and am still waiting

I had one from March take until late May. The form was full, not sure if that has a bearing on it. I am also waiting on another full form that I may just re-submit at this point. pretty stupid.

As of 15 minutes ago

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED

Your Reference No: ARES SCR
Submission Date: 2016-07-11-04:00
Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM

About damn time

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED
Submission Date: 2016-07-10-04:00

Received on 6/2/17

Just got a form 20 back today that I mailed March 3, date on back is March 9. Two items on this one, they must just hate me.

It think its a matter of it sitting on someones desk while they are on vacation, or put on a different task thrn forgoten about or buried.
sometime things move far faster than expected...other forms are completely lost

If you think waiting for approval on an sbr or whatever is bad....think about when you have $10,000s of dollars riding on it.

Just got a form 20 back today that I mailed March 3, date on back is March 9. Two items on this one, they must just hate me.

I was told through email that my form 20 was approved on Jan 19th. I have no approval form and they didnt respond when I asked for another to be sent. I submitted Jan 6th.

I was told through email that my form 20 was approved on Jan 19th. I have no approval form and they didnt respond when I asked for another to be sent. I submitted Jan 6th.

Thats interesting, id call them and get a faxed or emailed copy. I miss the efile system. Everytime i deal directly with the atf they have been more than helpful.ive caled an explained how i screwed up and i got rushed through. I dont think ive ever had a form 20 go more than 30 days from mailing in the 4 or 5 years ive done them.

Back
Top Bottom