ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

What the F!

I go to change my password, and I keep getting "user name or password is incorrect"

I know its right.....

I got the temp password sent to me, which I entered, then it proceeded to tell me to change my password, which it then will not let me do because it says username or password is incorrect, well, how the hell did they send me a temp password if my user name is incorrect the

There's no chance your deleting APPAUTH\ before your user name? It has to stay on the new site. People have said the help line is being answered very fast if you do have to call.

What the F!

I go to change my password, and I keep getting "user name or password is incorrect"

I know its right.....

I got the temp password sent to me, which I entered, then it proceeded to tell me to change my password, which it then will not let me do because it says username or password is incorrect, well, how the hell did they send me a temp password if my user name is incorrect then?
do you get to the "username" "old pw" "new pw / repeat new pw" part? or are you stuck on the initial log-in from the temp pw?

There's no chance your deleting APPAUTH\ before your user name? It has to stay on the new site. People have said the help line is being answered very fast if you do have to call.
Thought that as well and left it there to no avail. First time it denied me, so them I left the "APPAUTH\" there, same same.

Im gonna save myself the inevitable stroke and not call for customer support right now.

do you get to the "username" "old pw" "new pw / repeat new pw" part? or are you stuck on the initial log-in from the temp pw?
Yea I got to the old pw, then enter new pw, confirm new pw, then it says the "user name or PW incorrect

Hit the forgot password button, they emailed me a temp password, and it still wont let me log in. Dunno man. Really though, what was I expecting? lol sighhhhhh

Last edited:
Yea I got to the old pw, then enter new pw, confirm new pw, then it says the "user name or PW incorrect

Hit the forgot password button, they emailed me a temp password, and it still wont let me log in. Dunno man. Really though, what was I expecting? lol sighhhhhh
hmm yea, that old pw should definitely be the one you're being emailed, followed by whatever pw you're creating, I'd give it a little while, try again and/or call their help desk tomorrow

What the F!

I know its right.....

I got the temp password sent to me, which I entered, then it proceeded to tell me to change my password, which it then will not let me do because it says username or password is incorrect, well, how the hell did they send me a temp password if my user name is incorrect then?
Tried changing the passwork and just keep getting error messages. I'm guessing that the upgrade is not yet completed.

@Stape I noticed that the page didn't populate the fields correctly for me. In the username it started with "automatically generated" then put in my email. I had to put in my actual username and then fill in the other fields. This may be something wrong or it might just be under a heavy load. A lot of the time I was getting big delays.

Just got an approval today and the attachment can be viewed on a mobile device unlike before.
was this a submission on the old or new system.... it can't be that fast. If it was the new, are they doing fingerprints electronically?

was this a submission on the old or new system.... it can't be that fast. If it was the new, are they doing fingerprints electronically?
Prints for an eForm 1 still require paper prints. Dealers can sent electronic prints in the correct format for eForm 4s.

Prints for an eForm 1 still require paper prints. Dealers can sent electronic prints in the correct format for eForm 4s.
I can get the file from one of the PDs, they should let me submit it electronically.

All PDs in NH can do electronic, the state did a big push to get these out over a year ago.

I can get the file from one of the PDs, they should let me submit it electronically.

All PDs in NH can do electronic, the state did a big push to get these out over a year ago.
Thats awesome, then I think you can do it for a eForm 1 too, it has to be an EFTS file. I would assume thats what NH would give you, its the only format accepted.

Submission on old system. I wish they could do a 1 day turnaround.
Old system for me, only submitted one, 6 days from submission to stamp "in hand", a lot better than the horror stories I've heard about on here and reddit haha I think most people would settle for my experience being the norm going forward

Thats awesome, then I think you can do it for a eForm 1 too, it has to be an EFTS file. I would assume thats what NH would give you, its the only format accepted.
Just want to be clean, I was saying I could do it, not that I new they would accept it.

I did confirm we can not use EFTS, we still have to send prints to WV with the cover sheet. I don't know if its planned for the future.
I asked the ask the expert but they didn't get back to me.
I really don't see why they don't do this. Most PDs can now produce the file and because of the inherent record keeping it is nearly impossible to forge, certainly a lot harder that a piece of paper. The file contains the who, when, where, and by whom of the prints. The scan machines also independently upload this tracking information. All the need to do is check the file against the records and they will know it's accurate. It's harder and more labor consuming now with the cards. Yes, if you are so far out in the sticks that the local PD or Sheriff doesn't have a scanner, then you will have to do cards, for now.

I asked the ask the expert but they didn't get back to me.
I really don't see why they don't do this. Most PDs can now produce the file and because of the inherent record keeping it is nearly impossible to forge, certainly a lot harder that a piece of paper. The file contains the who, when, where, and by whom of the prints. The scan machines also independently upload this tracking information. All the need to do is check the file against the records and they will know it's accurate. It's harder and more labor consuming now with the cards. Yes, if you are so far out in the sticks that the local PD or Sheriff doesn't have a scanner, then you will have to do cards, for now.
I did an ask the experts. All I got back was “not at this time”. Let me know what you get. It’s completely retarded as you note, it’s still the ATF after all.

Submitted a Form 1 for an 80% on 12/15, no action on it? Is that normal? I keep checking eforms to make sure there's no actions required/notifications or whatever but nothing. Seems like it went from lightening fast to syrup slow?

Submitted a Form 1 for an 80% on 12/15, no action on it? Is that normal? I keep checking eforms to make sure there's no actions required/notifications or whatever but nothing. Seems like it went from lightening fast to syrup slow?
It seems with all the troubles with the “new and improved” portal things have really slowed down.

Damn! I'm still waiting on mine | Form 1 SBS - Submitted 12/30. That's awesome. Just curious, under the section 4b - Did you have it has "SBR" or "Short Barrel Rifle"? My friend submitted a Form 1 also on 12/1 and was DISAPPROVED and the reason was "Description should be SBR" | He tried to call but they weren't helpful and since it was disapproved, has to start over again. I checked against my other approved Form 1s and I have it written as "Short Barrel Rifle" and they were all ok. All submissions were made on eForms.

Back
Top Bottom