ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

I have a AR with 8" barrel and a brace. I'm looking for guidance through PM as to whether or not i may need to apply for form 1. This is something I put together myself back in 2017. It not an 80%. Has a registered lower. I've been out of the loop as far as the changing laws. Can supply photos and measurements. I am in NH

I have a AR with 8" barrel and a brace. I'm looking for guidance through PM as to whether or not i may need to apply for form 1. This is something I put together myself back in 2017. It not an 80%. Has a registered lower. I've been out of the loop as far as the changing laws. Can supply photos and measurements. I am in NH
First thing to remember is NH doesn't care.
The Feds do. And what they say has been known to change. Isn't it nice when they make the rules clear and consistent (let me know when that happens).

There hasn't been any changes for braces. The ATF floated some changes and took comments, no decisions yet.

But if the lower was registered as a rifle, rather than a pistol, an 8" barrel would make it a SBR, would it not?

Frank
What is this Registered you speak of?

Because NH is weird the background checks are different when its a pistol or rifle, they had to stick lowers someplace so they process the check like a pistol. But in either case this is not a registration. And there is nothing that says you can't convert a pistol to a rifle or the other way. It's only when you want to turn something into an SBR (or other NFA) that the Fed gets involved and its registered. This is why people do the pistol with a brace thing, it's still a pistol.

Last edited:
christ i must be the unlucky one. Im at over 30 days for a form 1 sbr. Called the atf and confirmed prints arrived. And i know i didn't miss anything this time around. First submission came back no as i messed up the model number. Heres to wishing maybe this week lol

christ i must be the unlucky one. Im at over 30 days for a form 1 sbr. Called the atf and confirmed prints arrived. And i know i didn't miss anything this time around. First submission came back no as i messed up the model number. Heres to wishing maybe this week lol
I’m 4 days in, wish me luck.

I haven’t done EFTs yet, I’m curious if it’s faster, although they are going through pretty quick right now with paper prints.
I submitted on 11/16 with EFT's for a form 1 and am still in "submitted/in process". I had high hopes that the EFT's would accelerate it greatly but I think it's completely based on the assigned examiner.

Bought it through national gun trusts. They call you, get your information and set up an appointment at the closest facility that offers. For me it was UPS in East Boston. I believe the cost was $55 all in.
How do you submit the EFT file? Is there a place to attach it in the eform1? I haven’t done an eform1 yet with electronic prints but got them done and have the EFT file. Also, do you still have to snail mail a cover letter the old fashioned way?

How do you submit the EFT file? Is there a place to attach it in the eform1? I haven’t done an eform1 yet with electronic prints but got them done and have the EFT file. Also, do you still have to snail mail a cover letter the old fashioned way?
Ya, there's a section for the EFT file. I researched the cover sheet and there were multiple people that said they spoke to the ATF and the cover sheet is no longer necessary when using digital prints.

Ya, there's a section for the EFT file. I researched the cover sheet and there were multiple people that said they spoke to the ATF and the cover sheet is no longer necessary when using digital prints.
Right, you will still get a cover sheet, just like an eForm 4, you don’t need to do anything.

Submitted two form1s yesterday. Efile Form1 Individual, digital prints EFT file, and FBI VAF UPIN. Let's see how quickly (or not quickly) this goes. My last form1s were approved in roughly 3-4 weeks the old snailmail prints way, (back in February) also before I had a UPIN.

Back
Top Bottom