ATF Going Door to Door Confiscating Solvent Traps

It's so lame that suppressors are even regulated.
So many (millions?) with hearing damage that could have been prevented.

Completely stupid. Beyond stupid. Harmful.

But because those who aspire to tyranny are afraid they’ll be gunned down by a “Hollywood quiet” sniper one day, they’re banned in Democrat states, tracked and taxed by the Feds and we have to suffer hearing loss.

Yeah, yeah, a good set of ears is great and you should wear them religiously, but why should we have to when such a simple solution is available?

How'd you like to be a diesel owner that buys filters in bulk and have the .GOV boys show up at your door asking a lot of questions.

View: https://youtu.be/270sLN5WL2I

1. “Why are you here?”
  2. “I’m sorry, but I’m not going to discuss my day” (to any questions)
  3. “Am I being detained or can I go?”
  4. “I’m sorry I don’t consent to searches”
  5. “You’ll need to come back with a warrant”
  6. Shut the f*** up

Would have been great if the guy told the agents that.
Not if he still has them. Lying to feds is a federal felony. If he told them that he lost them, but the feds come back with a warrant and find them, then it's off to the big house.

The NFA regulation of suppressors is beyond retarded, but it is what it is. Buying solvent traps is stupid. Rightly or wrongly, it puts you in the ATF's cross-hairs, which is not a good place to be.

The guy also got into banter with the agents. That was stupid. He should have just politely told them he doesn't answer questions without a lawyer, then closed and locked the door (actually, he shouldn't have opened the door in the first place). Are the agents tools? Yeah. So what? Getting in a argument with them won't help anything.

Sounds like a threat, intimidation, and potential harassment form a law enforcement organization.

First half is absolutely right, your chance to argue is in a courtroom. All that was accomplished here is this guy got himself put on the crazy list.
Get a warrant isn't cute though, it comes with consequences, but it also comes with a paper trail and that paper trail can come with clear monetary returns if your rights have been violated. I've "willingly" handed over items to the police under duress and threat, I had absolutely no legal standing to challenge the matter at all. Everyone's situation is different, but if you want to end up on top and you rationally know you can, let them come.

Problem is, most people don't know if they rationally can or can't. Agent's right, guy has probably read too many conspiracy books and swallowed too much Kool Aid.
It was a clear threat....and he's obviously on some list already.

What's next, used propane cylinders, 2 liter coke bottles. These thugs are on a rampage. Just about anything can be turned into a supressor. If you are capable of modifying a solvent trap, you are capable of figuring out how to make a supressor from just about anything.

If they are stupid enough to push things, they'll get exactly what they deserve.

There will be one of theseView attachment 656029 on the back of every law enforcement agent in the country overnight.

Whoa whoa there cowboy I was talking about senators who are anti civil rights, not LEOs. Now I have to go back to taking a nap in the dirt.

Whoa whoa there cowboy I was talking about senators who are anti civil rights, not LEOs. Now I have to go back to taking a nap in the dirt.
The senators aren't going to take the brunt of the situation until the next election, it will be the automatons they send out who will be the bullet magnets.

I know nobody likes to hear the truth about the whole situation, but that is what will happen.

If .001% of the current entire population of the country decides to target those enforcing unconstitutional law, that is 3500 targets that get offed.

Would you be chomping at the bit to stack up on the next front porch?

Last edited:
What's next, used propane cylinders, 2 liter coke bottles. These thugs are on a rampage. Just about anything can be turned into a supressor. If you are capable of modifying a solvent trap, you are capable of figuring out how to make a supressor from just about anything.

It's clear they are bored b/c there isn't anything going on. We need some people to start running bunches of likker over state lines or non-tax-stamped smokes or stealing some Dyner-Mite or some'pin. Something to get them actually working again.

It's gotta be hard if you're a government worker and you've got nothing to do. Maybe we should just cut back on their budget or something. That's what we do in business. Too many workers standing around - lay some off.

Anyone in the military knows. If you don't spend the budget. You lose next year.

This is all show boating anyway. Those traps don't work well and don't last. As per youtube. People believe movies and think suppressors make guns whisper quiet. Although, there are some good ones out there. Most are still very loud.

My dad and i built a range silencer to use in his back yard. We had it set up just outside the window of the shooting shed. His 375 H&H was no louder than slamming a car door.
maxresdefault.jpg
Not my pic. But this is the basic idea. The drum is lined with fiberglass insulation and held in place with hardware cloth /rabbit cage wire. The shooting port is 8".

Apparently AFT is now calling people and asking to meet in public places….

Sounds like a perfect sting operation.

My dad and i built a range silencer to use in his back yard. We had it set up just outside the window of the shooting shed. His 375 H&H was no louder than slamming a car door.
View attachment 656254
Not my pic. But this is the basic idea. The drum is lined with fiberglass insulation and held in place with hardware cloth /rabbit cage wire. The shooting port is 8".

Ban pickle barrels.

Back
Top Bottom