• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF issues rule change proposal regarding pistol braces

I will start by saying I do not agree with any of it.

Now all you need to do is read the ATF documents, and apply the 2 part test that was ruled unconstitutional under the Bruen decision, and add a little butt hurt about it, that is the logic

don't flatter yourself you didnt make it on any of my lists
Ok, so I can safely assume that you can see my further responses.

Let's do a point counter point discussion here on the merits of the very existence of the BATFE, their oppressive and illegal rulings, their murderous past behaviors and their constant demand for a greater budget.

I'll hand the floor over to you.

Let's do a point counter point discussion here on the merits of the very existence of the BATFE, their oppressive and illegal rulings, their murderous past behaviors and their constant demand for a greater budget.

How about if we don't?

Perhaps stick to "/atf-issues-rule-change-proposal-regarding-pistol-braces."

I understand their reasoning. Their logic is non-existent. Rate of fire is not in the law, they’re just trying to create new law when it’s not their job.
I'm using the denotation of logic, not implying that I agree with their premise or conclusions.

Correct, rate of fire is not in the law. Perfect example. However, if that's what they were targeting, it logically follows they'd target anything that increases rate of fire. Wanting to ban anything that increases rate of fire logically supports their goal, even if their goal is unconstitutional.

Ever see a totally F'd DIY job that was at least consistently wrong? In that case, the guy was operating on incorrect information and acting logically, even if completely wrong.

Let's do a point counter point discussion here on the merits of the very existence

I will start witht the first 2 The regulated the interstate commerce, taxation and production of Alcohol and Tobacco

I will start witht the first 2 The regulated the interstate commerce, taxation and production of Alcohol and Tobacco

Ok, my counter point is:

None of those have anything to do with the BATFE making rules concerning guns that have the effect of law, only congress can make laws.

Congress does not have the constitutional authority solely delegated to them, to delegate its powers to any unelected bureaucracy. Either congress makes a law that passes constitutional muster or it doesn't.

Alcohol and tobacco are out of the discussion as being irrelevant to guns or their accessories.

As for "interstate commerce", if that is to be held as an iron clad feature of congress's authority, then there should be no interference by congress or any federal agency into the production or sale of guns or devices that never leave any specific state.
If they insist on enforcing such a law with the excuse that the raw materials used in such production travelled interstate, then that alone is evidence of abuse of the interstate commerce clause. That in itself is tyranny because they could extend that to everything used in every product known to man.

Ok, my counter point is:

None of those have anything to do with the BATFE making rules concerning guns that have the effect of law, only congress can make laws.

Congress does not have the constitutional authority solely delegated to them, to delegate its powers to any unelected bureaucracy. Either congress makes a law that passes constitutional muster or it doesn't.

Alcohol and tobacco are out of the discussion as being irrelevant to guns or their accessories.

As for "interstate commerce", if that is to be held as an iron clad feature of congress's authority, then there should be no interference by congress or any federal agency into the production or sale of guns or devices that never leave any specific state.
If they insist on enforcing such a law with the excuse that the raw materials used in such production travelled interstate, then that alone is evidence of abuse of the interstate commerce clause. That in itself is tyranny because they could extend that to everything used in every product known to man.
Not disagreeing at all…… well said this time

I guarantee it wouldn't have gone the other way if there was a GOP majority AND a GOP POTUS.

I'm afraid you're probably right. We had a republican house, senate and white house - and all I heard about gun law reform was "it's not the right time". Now that we have democratic senate and white house - all I hear is "we can't do anything now - wait until we have the majority". a**h***s - all of them.

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're probably right. We had a republican house, senate and white house - and all I heard about gun law reform was "it's not the right time". Now that we have democratic senate and white house - all I hear is "we can't do anything now - wait until we have the majority". a**h***s - all of them.
The GOP doesn't serve you, and has no interest in "muh gun rightz", they report to the Uniparty....

Laws only hinder those who choose to follow them.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
~Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Early and often was the old saying
I think that saying was devised by democrats and specifically geared towards blacks......who, if you asked them to pick a specific black man out of a line up, they'd be wrong 9 out of ten times.
I think democrats cashed in on the issue of "They all look alike to me" and passed that strategy on to their most useful group of followers......whom they actually hate with a passion, but will always accept their vote at the polls.

Back
Top Bottom