• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Auburn Sportsmans Club

I am building a house close to Auburn Sportsmans Club and can hear the shooting from my property (makes me all warm and fuzzy inside). I work with someone who is a member, I will definitely need to join!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

It's a good place. I just joined, and people go out of their way to say hello to a new face. The ranges are simple, but within earshot means walking distance if you get planted at the bar. Hard to argue with that!

FYI: Women On Target is tomorrow (Saturday, August 31), so the ranges are closed until 4:00 or 4:30. If you want to help, come to the club around 9:00 AM and ask for Al.

There is ~75 acres of conservation land bordering ASC's land, is this land open for hunting? If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate a PM. I have yet to hear back from the conservation commission. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Does that mean the range is closed to members on Saturday? If so for the whole day or certain times? I could not find anything mentioned on the club's website.

I am fairly certain ranges will be closed all day Saturday. There is a disconnect between the web/facebook folks and the actual schedules.

Nice!

Any ASC members who are instructors, we might possibly need some help on rifle, and maybe pistol this Saturday. Come to the clubhouse around 10 a.m..

Does that mean the range is closed to members on Saturday? If so for the whole day or certain times? I could not find anything mentioned on the club's website.

I hear you Mike. I drove down there last Saturday to find the range closed. Nothing about it in the newsletter and nothing on the website. It seems to be a secret when it is open or closed.

It sounds like the same thing this Saturday and again nothing in the newsletter and nothing on the website. If I had not seen it here as second hand information, I would have driven there again to find out it was closed.

Can someone PM me with the best way to get in touch with the club president? The only contact information on the website in the main number.

FYI, due to work I am not able to make it to the monthly meetings.

Last edited:
I hear you Mike. I drove down there last Saturday to find the range closed. Nothing about it in the newsletter and nothing on the website. It seems to be a secret when it is open or closed.

It sounds like the same thing this Saturday and again nothing in the newsletter and nothing on the website. If I had not seen it here as second hand information, I would have driven there again to find out it was closed.

Can someone PM me with the best way to get in touch with the club president? The only contact information on the website in the main number.

FYI, due to work I am not able to make it to the monthly meetings.

I think the best bet is to call the clubhouse (bar) number, and leave your name and number and ask to be called back. Be specific as to what you want to discuss, and with who. Let them know your concerns. I have been after them to put contact info on the website and facebook pages, to no avail. They need to hear it from members.

Yes, ranges are closed today. They may open late in the day, after the event is over (4-ish?).

auburns a good range, my uncles the president out at singletary they have a nice rifle range for sure, and worcester pistol is my favorite as its 24/7 with the indoor range they have, but the problem is in early april is the only time they allow new members

heard the guys down at www.thegunparlor.com are sponsoring worcester pistol and rifle this coming year and some big changes are in the works, some steel pits and indoor booths to shoot rifles outside with heating inside the booths, so im looking forward to the changes over there for sure!

I ended up not going then. Maybe tomorrow.

Reminder: Meeting is Monday night at 7:00.

If you want to join, you need a sponsor. I could meet anyone who would like to check out the ranges. Just post in here, because I would only want to make one trip.

Meeting tonight at 7:00. Show up in about 10-20 minutes if you want someone to sponsor you tonight.

@Killswitch009: I PM'd you.

Back
Top Bottom