MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guinness

guiness.jpg

No this is our kitty.

stretching%20orca_small.jpg

She's not very big on beer glasses. She prefers to crawl into boxes, or set on your head while you're lying in bed.

We got reformed by the first stray. The second was just easy going and need a home. We had been avid dog people. Alan is somewhat allergic to them. We just keep them out of his room. They are definately easier to take care of. :) I will probably always have a dog though. Just a smaller spaniel.

TonyD said:
And, no, they don't taste like chicken and neither does dog or rat. I've had them all.

Ack! Tony, I always wondered what that dish they served me in that Marietta, GA restaurant was... Now, I'm afraid to find out!

Although the deep-fried corn on the cob was wonderful. (Odd, but wonderful).

Ross

dwarven1 said:
TonyD said:
And, no, they don't taste like chicken and neither does dog or rat. I've had them all.

Ack! Tony, I always wondered what that dish they served me in that Marietta, GA restaurant was... Now, I'm afraid to find out!

Although the deep-fried corn on the cob was wonderful. (Odd, but wonderful).

Ross

I never ate "domestic" in this country. I am a life-long dog person. My current is a 13 year old deaf black cocker. He IS my buddy.

MrsWildweasel said:
Deep fried corn huh! Thats different.

Completely blew my mind when I saw it on the menu - I HAD to try it. I was amazed at how delicious it was. I try to sample the local delicacies when I travel - Jambalaya, gumbo and blackened catfish in N'awlins, lobster in New Brunswick, crab & salmon in Alaska, ribs in S. Carolina... deep-fried corn on the cob in Marietta, Ga.

And, of course, I ate at the big chicken.

Ross

I'm the same way Ross,where ever I am I will try the regional food. I just had never heard of deep fried corn. I am of the I'll try anything once.

SiameseRat said:
Back to my New York roots, there was this deep frying trend in Brooklyn a few years back. Twinkies, candy bars, surprised they didn't start hunting rats...

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/West/09/18/offbeat.twinkie.reut/

I read a few months back that deep-fried Milky Way bars are a huge hit in Scotland. I have to admit that I'm not sure if I'd have the nerve to try them or not...

And speaking of Twinkies: http://www.twinkiesproject.com/ I recommend NOT drinking anything while viewing these pages, as food and liquids aspirated out one's nose is bad for the nose and the keyboard and monitor. [lol]

Ross

MrsWildweasel said:
I'm the same way Ross,where ever I am I will try the regional food. I just had never heard of deep fried corn. I am of the I'll try anything once.

Twice if I like it, three times to make sure. :) I've never heard of the deep-fried corn on the cob before or since, so it may have been a highly localized speciality - Tony? Is that available all over GA? (of course, I could ask folks at my corporate HQ on Monday, as they're located in Norcross, GA).

I'm just trying to get the nerve up to try the salmon jerky I bought in Alaska the other week.

Ross

twinkies project = funny stuff

Salmon jerky = icky stuff

I was actually at a rest stop in Rhode Island once and they had a jerky stand. I remember there was buffalo, ostrich, alligator and beef among others but I don't know if there was salmon. I would have tried the alligator but I've been a vegetarian for so damn long I was too afraid to taste it.

SiameseRat said:
I would have tried the alligator but I've been a vegetarian for so damn long I was too afraid to taste it.

I tried alligator in Dallas once at a cajun place - I can't tell you what it tasted like because it was spiced so hot that spices was all I could taste!

Salmon jerky is good. One of my trips back home to WA state,had some. My husband will also tell you I like weird things anyways.

It might be, though I always try to distinguish the part of California in which I grew up from "the west coast" and all that tends to represent. The only aligator I ever tried must have used the same recipe dwarven had -- might just as well have been chicken or pork or whatever for all I could tell past the spices. It probably was a lot like lizard, which isn't bad. I'll pass on another serving of rat or dog, though (neither one in this country, but when in Chu Lai ...), but I'd welcome a good local place for snake.

Ken

Ken, try some 'gator when you go to Florida. I've never had any that was all spiced up cajun. Also, frog legs sauted in garlic butter is awesome.

Roger that about frog legs and snails. I'll have to try some more gater when we go down to visit our son this fall.

Ken

KMaurer said:
The only aligator I ever tried must have used the same recipe dwarven had

dwarven1... dwarven1... *mutter, mutter*

"dwarven" is an adjective for things relating to dwarves.

Ross - aka the "dwarven one"

Tony, he's in Deltona, just of I4 about midway between Orlando and Daytona Beech.

Dwarven One, Dwarven One, Dwarven One; Dwarven1. [wink]
Gomen nasai; Xin loi; Lo siento; Arjuu almaädhira; Извините меня.

Ken

I love alligator. Although I grew up in NOLA. But I've never had it so spicy that I couldn't tast the alligator. And, it has to be spicy to make me say that it's spicy. LOL!

But I've never had deep fried corn. But then, how can ANYTHING deep fried be bad?

Back
Top Bottom