Bank tellers

So I’m often at the bank cashing a large check to make payroll or to head to the lumberyard to pay the bill. Why must the tellers ask out loud , “large bills ok ?” Or count out the money on the counter for everyone to see ?? I’ve actually cleared my throat and motioned with my eyes to count out of sight. I always carry when I go in there but don’t want any unwanted attention ! I actually had an incident once where after cashing a check I noticed a couple dudes following me out to the parking lot, I was in a supermarket bank , I saw a state trooper parked in the lot and walked rite over to him !

So I’m often at the bank cashing a large check to make payroll or to head to the lumberyard to pay the bill. Why must the tellers ask out loud , “large bills ok ?” Or count out the money on the counter for everyone to see ?? I’ve actually cleared my throat and motioned with my eyes to count out of sight. I always carry when I go in there but don’t want any unwanted attention ! I actually had an incident once where after cashing a check I noticed a couple dudes following me out to the parking lot, I was in a supermarket bank , I saw a state trooper parked in the lot and walked rite over to him !
Hey, its a f***ing bank!

How would you suggest it should be done?

They count it in your view so you can count along with them. Maybe they have a private office they could count it in.

How would you suggest it should be done?

They count it in your view so you can count along with them. Maybe they have a private office they could count it in.
Down low out of everyone’s sight. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request. Again, trying not to draw attention to myself. One eyed jack is rite. A private office😂

If you're taking real money out in cash, you absolutely can do your transaction at one of those cubicles in the back instead of standing at the counter up front.

I always wait for the hottest teller to be free when cashing fat checks. I make her count it twice, because, you know.
When I was commuting up and down to RI I used to hit business auctions, cash was required. At the branch I'd get asked the usual questions about cash withdrawals; and I got so I'd just say "Foxwoods; I'll take 50s and 100s", (Not a fan of the federally-mandated teller interrogation on why I want my own money).

One time I got a new, cute cashier handling my transaction; I was a bit nervous and said "Foxy Lady" instead. The young lady behind the counter turned a shade of red rarely seen in nature and on all my future transactions she skipped over the interrogation phase.
Only later did I realize she may not have been aware of the Providence club...

<<--------Is diligently waiting for the under 50 crowd to all chime in with "I never carry cash, haven't touched cash in years, I pay for everything on my credit card to get the bonus points/miles"
I always have cash on me but never use it. I prefer the credit card company to pay me to spend money I was going to spend anyways :)

So I’m often at the bank cashing a large check to make payroll or to head to the lumberyard to pay the bill. Why must the tellers ask out loud , “large bills ok ?” ...
They don't do that if you write a note on the withdrawal slip that says,
"just shut up and give me the money".

Stop going to banks in shitholes.

That's why I carry 24/7 and have been trained extensively how to react! Had two instances where I was glad I do! Thank the Good Lord I didn't need to take anyone down but they changed their mind real quick!! Probably saved some other folks from bad day except for the scumbags! I no longer let my wife to go shopping alone as she is handicapped and a prime target for the lowlifes. They prowl the parking lots looking for victims. Have seen it firsthand even in out here in the suburbs! My wife also carries but don't think she would be able to react quick enough nor has it in her big heart to take someone out. My daughter in law is in the banking industry and has her LTC but is not allowed to carry while on the job. Her bank was robbed twice. Back in the day I remember all banks had security guard on duty but not woke today!

Is that you Andrew dice clay ? Thanks for pointing out the ovbious

No no. You'll like this one. I just told it to my mother. LOL

Down low out of everyone’s sight. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request. Again, trying not to draw attention to myself. One eyed jack is rite. A private office😂

Howbout NO?

1. It's a bank - the security cameras and such are there to ensure the tellers don't steal your $. Ergo, some quiet counting is NOT going to go on. In fact, it's probably against bank policy.

2. IT'S A BANK! Do you think crims just sit in there and doodle on a deposit slip looking for some chump who walks out with $10,000???? This is 2022. It's a bank. We're not on the set of Heat or something. No one is casing the bank.

3. "I'd like $2,000 in large bills - can I go to a private office?" [rofl] This isn't 1982. DEPOSITORS are not the bread-and-butter of banks. BORROWERS are. You want to get your 20 $100's counted out in a closed office - take out a massive business loan. Otherwise, they just don't have time for you.

Sheesh. The things people worry about around here. Just get your money, have your gat and move on. I've gotten huge sums of money out of hte bank on hundreds of occasions. I've never worried someone in the bank was gonna jack me on the way out.

Howbout NO?

1. It's a bank - the security cameras and such are there to ensure the tellers don't steal your $. Ergo, some quiet counting is NOT going to go on. In fact, it's probably against bank policy.

2. IT'S A BANK! Do you think crims just sit in there and doodle on a deposit slip looking for some chump who walks out with $10,000???? This is 2022. It's a bank. We're not on the set of Heat or something. No one is casing the bank.

3. "I'd like $2,000 in large bills - can I go to a private office?" [rofl] This isn't 1982. DEPOSITORS are not the bread-and-butter of banks. BORROWERS are. You want to get your 20 $100's counted out in a closed office - take out a massive business loan. Otherwise, they just don't have time for you.

Sheesh. The things people worry about around here. Just get your money, have your gat and move on. I've gotten huge sums of money out of hte bank on hundreds of occasions. I've never worried someone in the bank was gonna jack me on the way out.
If your scared of carrying 2K in cash you are without a doubt a certified pussy. 😂

Howbout NO?

If your scared of carrying 2K in cash you are without a doubt a certified pussy. 😂
In fairness, I'm the one who mentioned I regularly take out $2K in cash, not the OP - I have never had an issue w/ the way they count or feeling unsafe.

I imagine OP is probably taking out significantly more and perhaps his branch isn't in the best of areas.

In fairness, I'm the one who mentioned I regularly take out $2K in cash, not the OP - I have never had an issue w/ the way they count or feeling unsafe.

I imagine OP is probably taking out significantly more and perhaps his branch isn't in the best of areas.
I was referring to the Dennis In MA. 2000 is chump change. I only really paid attention at 20-30k withdrawals. Even 10 was pay attention but not crazy. Some tellers were clearly nervous at the higher numbers. My normal tellers were very easy and low key.

You know you're in trouble when they put your money through that loud super fast counting machine before they hand it to you. All the eyes behind you get real big 😂

I actually had an incident once where after cashing a check I noticed a couple dudes following me out to the parking lot, I was in a supermarket bank , I saw a state trooper parked in the lot and walked rite over to him !

What did you say to the State Trooper when you walked over to him? “Protect me”?

Back
Top Bottom