Bass Pro, Foxboro

It looks like nobody has a thread started for Bass Pro, so Let's start one.

I was there on "Black Friday" to pick up a S&W M&P 9. The place was packed. Finally met C-pher, he handled my gun sale. He seemed to be the "goto guy" when some of the other guys behind the counter had questions. All in all, things went good, they even match Four Season's price for the M&P, plus I signed up for their credit card and saved another 10%. The final price was $464.55, and I just sent in for the $50 rebate and 2 free mags. So Christmas came early for me.[smile]

Last edited:
On opening night, many of us never found the snack bar. Only by returning the following day at lunch time was it not crowded and possible to find that part of the store.

Went to BPS after work yesterday and was very impressed by the store. It’s obviously a completely different setup than your typical mom & pop firearms store but I’m very thankful they’re here in Mass. I particularly liked the huge supply of accessories neatly displayed. I overheard someone saying there either is a restaurant or they’re planning on adding a restaurant??

I think I saw a few NES’rs working the gun counter. Apologies for not introducing myself but the customers were a few deep and I didn’t want to interrupt or wait around just to jaw while real customers were waiting.

I’d like to think that the big box stores and little stores can all exist in our little state. To use an analogy I go to the Cheesecake Factory but that doesn’t mean I snub the greasy diner on the corner. It’s nice to have choices!

Also, as much as I like to read people’s feedback and respect the opinion of those on this site that write reviews, I often frequent ill-reviewed stores. I’d encourage everybody to keep an open mind!

While C-Pher is a very knowledgeable guy, there are others, like George Kleczka (pronounced "kletch-ka"), for example. George is in charge of the gun counter and has highly-extensive knowledge about guns. He probably wasn't at the counter when you were there or you would have seen the other guys asking him those questions.

I bought some clothes there today. Their Red Hen stuff seemed to be OK and the price was right. They had higher quality stuff that was beyond what I wanted to spend.

Most of their sizes though were super large, like double and triple XL and larger. I'm size large and there was very little, and forget about Medium or Small. They must figure the outdoorsmen are getting big on venison and beer.

They do embroidery there. I didn't get any done, but feel free to have them stitch Chief Gemme <verb> <noun>s on a nice shooter's shirt.

There was a back up at the gun counter, only one sales rep there. I wanted to handle the 500 but there were too many people in front of me. I think it had an 8" barrel. Asking $946. The display gun looked like it had already been handled by many people.

I went there today and will admit it's a really cool store!!! However, I would NEVER buy a gun there. The M&P's are only listed at $639... Are you F'n kidding me??? Yeah, good luck with that. It's a great store don't get me wrong and cool to walk thru but if you're looking to buy a gun.... Well, good luck...

I went there today and will admit it's a really cool store!!! However, I would NEVER buy a gun there. The M&P's are only listed at $639... Are you F'n kidding me??? Yeah, good luck with that. It's a great store don't get me wrong and cool to walk thru but if you're looking to buy a gun.... Well, good luck...

This MP in question has night sights ($100 option) and is the last one more standard modles are on the way.

I went ther last night to look because no one else in the area is open after 8pm. The person helping me was realy helpful answered all my questions, never acted condecending like you get from some of the small shops when you ask a question. I was looking to buy a Walther p22 but they did not have a short barrel model in stock. The price would have been a little higher than other places but it was the service that was selling me.

I also had to the chance to meet C-Pher while I was there. He was more than willing to help me with any questions I had.

Bass Pro Shop next to Gillette stadium

HOLY CRAP!
stopped by there on the way back from the gunshow in Marlboro on Saturday. first time there. I thought I had walked into a wet dream.

To be honest with you guys, I really wasn't impressed. I finally when the other day because a friend had to take me to replace a set of my ear muffs she had broken. and it was open until 10:00. The sales staff was 'okay' - not terribly friendly or helpful, but nothing to complain about. No Cpher (I thought I read somewhere that he was at the SHOT show). But what really struck me was the prices. I asked for a box of Winchester primers, and it was $32! Remington UMC .45 was $20/box of 50. The Smith & Wesson models in the display case all seemed to be listed at MSRP. And to top it off, I looked up on the wall behind the counter, and I thought I saw a Ruger 10/22 carbine at $260. I thought Bass Pro was supposed to be a low price leader in Ruger firearms. I have to say, I was shocked! Definitely wasn't worth the 45 minute drive for the muffs (which were $20 more than what I had paid at Collectors).

To be honest with you guys, I really wasn't impressed. I finally when the other day because a friend had to take me to replace a set of my ear muffs she had broken. and it was open until 10:00. The sales staff was 'okay' - not terribly friendly or helpful, but nothing to complain about. No Cpher (I thought I read somewhere that he was at the SHOT show). But what really struck me was the prices. I asked for a box of Winchester primers, and it was $32! Remington UMC .45 was $20/box of 50. The Smith & Wesson models in the display case all seemed to be listed at MSRP. And to top it off, I looked up on the wall behind the counter, and I thought I saw a Ruger 10/22 carbine at $260. I thought Bass Pro was supposed to be a low price leader in Ruger firearms. I have to say, I was shocked! Definitely wasn't worth the 45 minute drive for the muffs (which were $20 more than what I had paid at Collectors).

I get my muffs on-line; you probably spent half the cost just in gas to/from. I have not been too impressed with the muffs generally stocked in stores; many have an NRR of only 22 - 29.

I like better protection - mine are NRR 33. And I still use plugs under them!

Last edited:
Well the family and I took a ride today to ckeck it out. I must say we all thought the place was really neat! The set up was awesome and I didn't expect it. I liked the lounge area looking over the pond, the water falls, etc. It was very crowded which is great for the store, I hope it does well.... only place like it is KTP which is a haul.

I picked up some odds and ends and had the opportunity to meet C-Pher and Snowjoker as well. I'd definitely recommend folks to check it out... well worth the ride.

Last edited:
I work a few miles away from Bass Pro and have been in a bunch of times. They have some great looking rain gear (+300.00) with belt loops that looks like it would be great for IDPA/USPSA matches.

Great Place.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
I bought a Sig Mosquito there this weekend. I like the kid that helped me out. Don't know his name but I've run into him a few times. He's been real helpful and he's a good conversationalist.

+1 good store.

Also, the girl at the food counter gave me a free coffee ;)

Visited BPS last night. Is it me or is it VERY DARK inside the store? Seemed like half the lights were not working. Very impressive selection but the prices are not anything special.

Went there a few weeks back and it's a real cool store but if your into target/tactical types of firearms your outta luck, not much of a selection for you but that's not what they do. If your a hunter you are good to go however. Prices did seem high to me as well.
My 2 bits....

Bass Pro is great

Got to go last night after work WOW!!!! Can you say kid in a candy store? I never thought I could be in a store for two hours and want to stay longer to watch a fly fishing demonstration. You all need to go. Its pretty bad when Poisonposey spends more money than me at a Bass Pro Shop. I got my cast iron camping oven for my trip at the end of this month[smile] I will be back before then thats for sure. I also got a chance to meet and say hi to C-pher real quick. C-pher I wanted to thank you for the group buy but I know you were busy, I will get back to the store before my camping trip to chew the fat. This place is going to make me broke.

Last edited:
question: why don't they advertise guns online? i've noticed this with BassPro and Dicks Sporting Goods....

I've tried all the other avenues w/o luck...

my conspiracy theory tells me they don't want to advertise guns and gain negative attention... but that's just me.

Bass Pro Shops - Foxborough, MA

Any thoughts? I noticed ammo is priced pretty crappily.

Handgun prices are acceptable. Nothing to get to crazy about.

Any other thoughts? Any Big Box Store haters?

It's like a crappy version of KTP without the selection and knowledgeable staff. They are a last resort for ammo when I can't find it anywhere else.

I checked em out, found their prices to be high. They had the smith and wesson 22a for 299.00... I got the same gun at Ag guns in lowell for 256.00. You cannot beat Ag's prices and they have killer service as well.

I met some friends there one night this week. They were buying their first gun. We were fortunate enough to meet C-pher and he was great. They bought a Sig Mosquito. It might have been $10-15 more than some other stores. But they were there, the gun was there, and it was easy.

The cool thing about the store is the vast inventory along with great display cases. They really do a great job merchandising.

Thank you C-pher for your help with my friends! We went to the range this morning and had a great time.

Cheers,

Rich

Back
Top Bottom