Bass Pro, Foxboro

Okay....but the salesman didn't say that. All I know is I can go buy a Glock from my local dealer right down the street, used, but I can buy one. Though they may be used, they are available to own in MA. And of course, any postban firearm needs to be compliant. So maybe I should have said the salesman was misleading?? Point is, he fed the guy info in hopes he would settle for something bass pro offers.

So, u CAN buy a Glock and u CAN buy an AR. just not from Bass Pro....SIGH
Yes you can buy a used Glock but the reasoning is important. In your attempt to correct the erroneous info spread by BPS you were spreading more misinformation.

Unfortunately, if someone is not already familiar with the issue, use of the term "AG List" merely adds to the incomprehensibility.

In that case let me say that the state AG has deemed that Glock does not meet consumer safety standards and cannot be sold by dealers - unless its one made before those standards were enacted.

Better?

In that case let me say that the state AG has deemed that Glock does not meet consumer safety standards and cannot be sold by dealers - unless its one made before those standards were enacted.

Better?

Yeah, but you really can't do the subject justice in anything less than several paragraphs.

Last edited:
its a bit irritating to see people spread misinformation here, but its even more annoying to see people use misinformation to try and CORRECT misinformation. wtf?!

I dont care about thread drift, this misinformation bit is getting out of hand around here!

its a bit irritating to see people spread misinformation here, but its even more annoying to see people use misinformation to try and CORRECT misinformation. wtf?!

I dont care about thread drift, this misinformation bit is getting out of hand around here!

You're misinformed sir.

seems like every thread turns into "who knows more" or "i know more about the laws than you".

i was replying to a post that indicated bass pro told this guy u cannot buy glocks in MA and you can't buy AR's in MA. both of those statements are wrong, right? every situation has it's grey areas and it's specifics, and i understand the clarification provided. but this thread is about bass pro shop and it's gun services/sales. my experience is they will attempt to feed the buyer with BS to make an impulse sale. like, maybe the customer will think "oh, i thought i could own one of those...guess i'll just buy this one that you are telling me is my only option". i'm not claiming to be the MA GUN LAW GURU but i know people can own a glock under the right circumstances if they want to and i know people can own AR's....everything is circumstancial, such is life. i wanted to make sure this person understood that he could own both guns if he wanted to.

The guy is trying to understand the MA B.S. Give him a break. Just because you most of you MA peeps accept how the King tells you what you can and cannot have doesn't mean it's easy to understand.

Okay....but the salesman didn't say that. All I know is I can go buy a Glock from my local dealer right down the street, used, but I can buy one. Though they may be used, they are available to own in MA. And of course, any postban firearm needs to be compliant. So maybe I should have said the salesman was misleading?? Point is, he fed the guy info in hopes he would settle for something bass pro offers.

So, u CAN buy a Glock and u CAN buy an AR. just not from Bass Pro....SIGH

Another factor to understand is that there are NO used guns for sale at BassPro in MA, ever.

And they don't sell "black rifles" (ARs) at all! [.22LR rifles that look like AR-15s are NOT AR-15s.]

So, from there perspective if they can't sell Glocks because their only gun inventory is new guns and thus they wouldn't be grandfathered. And since they don't sell ARs, some of their clerks may not even know that real gun shops can sell them.

If they didn't rely on impulse purchases, they'd never sell any handguns. They are severely overpriced (we're talking $100-150 more typically) and if a potential customer walked into any of the local gun shops they'd never return to BP to buy a handgun. [I have never priced long guns there, so I have no knowledge of comparative pricing on long guns between BP and real gun shops.]

Another factor to understand is that there are NO used guns for sale at BassPro in MA, ever.

And they don't sell "black rifles" (ARs) at all! [.22LR rifles that look like AR-15s are NOT AR-15s.]

So, from there perspective if they can't sell Glocks because their only gun inventory is new guns and thus they wouldn't be grandfathered. And since they don't sell ARs, some of their clerks may not even know that real gun shops can sell them.

If they didn't rely on impulse purchases, they'd never sell any handguns. They are severely overpriced (we're talking $100-150 more typically) and if a potential customer walked into any of the local gun shops they'd never return to BP to buy a handgun. [I have never priced long guns there, so I have no knowledge of comparative pricing on long guns between BP and real gun shops.]

i agree, and even if the clerks know that people CAN own these types of guns, they may even have a policy that states they can't even tell a customer they can own them. i can understand that from a business point of view....they want to promote the products they carry. they don't make money by talking up products they don't sell. but from a gun owner's perspective, especially MA gun owners who deal with the merry-go-round BS laws that change so often in this state, i do not think bass pro is the place to shop. prices and inventory limitations weigh heavy on my decision to buy from the shops i buy from. the shops i go to have guys that will tell you about things like slide stocks and being able to buy glocks second hand. MA gun owners want to know the in's & out's, tips and tricks....bass pro doesn't offer that information.

i also have only looked at handgun prices, but their long guns could have decent pricing due to the volume they buy.

I actually went there a couple of days before Christmas. one of the clerks asked me where I was from, when I told where I lived he actually told me about Bob's in Webster. He and told me i could probably find a better deal on what I was looking for. I asked him if he worked on commission, he said no.

Needless to say he was right, I found what I was looking for and at a better deal

Like others said they have only new.....and quite a selection, figure them as the Walmart or guns, except a little more expensive

If you shop the sales you can get decent prices on long guns but you're going to pay about 100 more at Bass for pistols than you will elsewhere.

If you shop the sales you can get decent prices on long guns but you're going to pay about 100 more at Bass for pistols than you will elsewhere.

At least $100, if not more. When I am in there for other stuff, their prices on pistols makes me cringe. They are pretty much full blown MSRP.

At least $100, if not more. When I am in there for other stuff, their prices on pistols makes me cringe. They are pretty much full blown MSRP.

Which is no doubt why they have added "excluding firearms" to their price match policy.

I don't even go there to look anymore. Every time I walk over to the gun counter I get looks from the staff like i'm disrupting their day. I take the kids there to see the fish boats and play in the shooting gallery thats it.

UPDATE: I found NES, got informed, found Four Seasons, and never returned to the Bass Pro Gun Counter. I fish, so I'm a regular there and that's it. I may walk by that counter, looking for a swivel or something. (I never found the need to purchase at the MSRP if I don't have to [rolleyes]) I have bought a few firearms all from from Four Seasons. Originally I was just trying to figure out how to get a handgun in this state.....now I carry every day, have several firearms, butt load of ammo and that AR [rockon] . Thanks NES you bastards [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom