Bass Pro, Foxboro

I am new to handduns/firearms i went to BPS during the day i am laid off, there was not that many people. I figured i could get to the gun counter ask some questions get some info etc. I did not know at the time there are two banned list the AG list and consumer protection list. Asked if they had this or that particular handgun or rifle and i was laughed at, riduculed. I was told no civilians have glocks because law enforcement use them, and that i can't purchace a glock in Ma. I found out after that I could purchace a preban glock? He told me they had AR 15, (which i never asked about) lauged and said i can't purchace this weapon either? I didn't expect anyone behind the counter to take me aside and teach me the ins and outs of selecting, handling and purchacing a handgun in Ma. Just looking for a friendly conversation with someone behind the counter(as i mentioned earlier, there was no one there) Not a good experience. I would have jumped the counter and chocked this nice man if i wasn't so concerned at keeping my record clean. Sending app. for a LTC A, soon, its funny how I think twice now that i would like to own a firearm. I Love BPS, i bass go fishing and camping so it doesn't get any better than BP.

There is no "banned list;" still less two of them. There is no AG list whatsoever.

If you intend to apply for an LTC, you really need to get better acquainted with MA firearms law. NES is a great place to start. Asking store clerks and cops is NOT.

As you are a Norwood resident, you will be subjected to obstructionistic tactics, likely subjected to willful misstatements of fact and/or law, and issued a restricted LTC - IF you receive one at all.

Good luck.

Yes i am screwed. I agree i got alot homework to do. I am going to to put some effort into it and see what happens. I thought i read on a gunshop web site that a particular firearm had to pass state regs/testing.....consumer protection and then there is a preban list of weapons?

I thought i read on a gunshop web site

You will find that NES is a MUCH better source of information that must gun shop web sites since inaccurate information is quickly rebutted.

p.s.: "alot" is not a word. "a lot" is the proper use, unless you are referring to allocation in which case "allot" is the proper term.

BP's illegal sale of Glocks was the least of it - at least Glocks are on the AFR, giving BP the (disingenuous) excuse that the sale appeared to be legal.

BP also sold Springfields, which have never been on the AFR. Moreover, BP was informed of the illegality of its actions and sold the guns anyway.

IIRC, a NES'r challenged the president of BP when he did a walk-thru BEFORE the store opened . . . told him that certain guns were illegal to sell in MA. As reported to me (and it may have been posted here, I don't recall) said president Pooh-poohed him with a BS response. So, yes they were warned BEFORE they sold the guns. Personally I was hoping that BP intended to run a legal challenge against the AG Regs (wrt Glocks and a few others that were on EOPS List but not AG-compliant), but such was not the case once NET ratted them out to the AG & CHSB.

Last edited:
Ah yes key word "banned list"

I apologize for my poor grammer for i am a product of the Boston Public Schools(and have a excuse for everything)LOL
Thankyou for your time and input. I appreciate it guys

Yes i am screwed. I agree i got alot homework to do. I am going to to put some effort into it and see what happens. I thought i read on a gunshop web site that a particular firearm had to pass state regs/testing.....consumer protection and then there is a preban list of weapons?

Hire Scriv to represent you with Norwood's BS process and he will probably "school" you on a lot of other things regarding firearms and law too!

Regrettably, with the exception of exigent circumstances, Norwood almost certainly won't issue a LTC-A unrestricted . . . even with the best efforts of the best firearms attorneys out there. [thinking]

Said attorneys however might save the person from a multi-month Kabuki dance however.

There is no "banned list;" still less two of them. There is no AG list whatsoever. ...Good luck.

...Personally I was hoping that BP intended to run a legal challenge against the AG List (wrt Glocks and a few others that were on EOPS List but not AG-compliant), but such was not the case once NET ratted them out to the AG & CHSB.

NEITHER of which constitutes a "banned list."

OK. Is there, or isn't there?

Last edited:
OK. Is there, or isn't there?
There is no AG's list.

There are two separate lists (lab tested and target) for the statutory requirement, which is distinct and separate from the AG's consumer protection regulations.

My goof . . . I started to type something else and changed it to "AG" but left "List" there. Mea culpa.

Indeed there is NO LIST, never has been and likely never will be. It should read "AG Regs". I will edit it for anyone who finds it in the future.

BassPro just sent out a new flier and is advertising their free "Hunting University" in Foxboro in August.

Guess who's doing "Elk Hunting Basics" seminar at BP in Foxboro on August 6, 2010 at 6PM??

JIM ZUMBO!!

Oh goody, how did MA get so lucky??

P.S. For those that don't know who Zumbo is, check out these resources:

"Jim Zumbo of Outdoor Life labels AR-15s Terrorist Rifles"
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...abels-AR-15s-Terrorist-Rifles?highlight=zumbo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zumbo

I HATE how Bass Pro asks for your phone number and then writes it on page 3 of the 4473 form. I will not purchase from there again.

If you want a smooth checkout process you will not be happy. the form process is painstaking. Support your local shop, if they are deserving that is.

Just made my first visit today after checking out the Patriots Hall. Even though training camp was going on and there were a bunch of people, the store seemed pretty slow compared to what everyone else has said on here. I am still waiting for my LTC, but I figured a little window shopping couldnt hurt. Luckily my dad was with me, and after giving them his LTC we were able to check out a few pistols. The staff was helpful and for the most part seemed to know what they were talking about (even though one guy told me the PK380 wasn't available in MA). It was fun to check out, and see the stuff in person, but I think once I have my LTC in hand I'll be taking a field trip over to Four Seasons for the big purchase!

If you want a smooth checkout process you will not be happy. the form process is painstaking. Support your local shop, if they are deserving that is.

the closest other shop to me, NET, is not deserving. THankfully I am close to Zero Hour as well, granted Northshore Firearms is still my favorite.

Anyone go here recently? I love the place for the fishing gear, there's also a guy working in the hunting area knows a lot about retrieving dogs and has given me a ton of (free, decent) info.

I'm thinking of picking up a shotgun here, since my local, Roach's is not a place I'll be supporting. How are the ammo prices, and are they still doing a price match? (Sadly, I'll be missing the sales in the current circular.)

I wasn't impressed at all. Wayyyyyy to many people waiting to "check stuff out". Lots of inventory but I would hope so with all their money and overhead. I asked for a quote on an m&p 5.56 and they guy told me they only sell the .22lr models. Prices were the same or higher than my local shops, so not worth the ride or the hassle to me. I'd stay away for actual firearms, ammunition was fairly priced though since I'm sure they get volume discounts when u can buy a full trailer of ammo at a time!!!

I am new to handduns/firearms i went to BPS during the day i am laid off, there was not that many people. I figured i could get to the gun counter ask some questions get some info etc. I did not know at the time there are two banned list the AG list and consumer protection list. Asked if they had this or that particular handgun or rifle and i was laughed at, riduculed. I was told no civilians have glocks because law enforcement use them, and that i can't purchace a glock in Ma. I found out after that I could purchace a preban glock? He told me they had AR 15, (which i never asked about) lauged and said i can't purchace this weapon either? I didn't expect anyone behind the counter to take me aside and teach me the ins and outs of selecting, handling and purchacing a handgun in Ma. Just looking for a friendly conversation with someone behind the counter(as i mentioned earlier, there was no one there) Not a good experience. I would have jumped the counter and chocked this nice man if i wasn't so concerned at keeping my record clean. Sending app. for a LTC A, soon, its funny how I think twice now that i would like to own a firearm. I Love BPS, i bass go fishing and camping so it doesn't get any better than BP.

Sounds like typical BPS...u can own Pre-ban or post-ban AR15's, so that guy was way wrong. U can also buy glocks. There are just certain models that are police issue only, but even those u can purchase second hand from a LEO legally. They just don't sell AR 15's so they tell u it's cuz u can't own one....salesmen are sneaky.

Sounds like typical BPS...u can own Pre-ban or post-ban AR15's, so that guy was way wrong. U can also buy glocks. There are just certain models that are police issue only, but even those u can purchase second hand from a LEO legally. They just don't sell AR 15's so they tell u it's cuz u can't own one....salesmen are sneaky.

SIGH.

You can't buy a new Glock from a FFL dealer in MA because Glocks aren't on the AG's approved list of handguns for sale in MA. You can buy one from a private person as the AG's list only applies to sales by FFL's. You CAN buy a Glock from an FFL in MA that was made prior to the AG's regs being instituted.

You can buy an AR in MA but it must be either ban compliant or 'pre-ban' - i.e. made into a gun before the MA AWB went into effect.

SIGH.

You can't buy a new Glock from a FFL dealer in MA because Glocks aren't on the AG's approved list of handguns for sale in MA. You can buy one from a private person as the AG's list only applies to sales by FFL's. You CAN buy a Glock from an FFL in MA that was made prior to the AG's regs being instituted.

You can buy an AR in MA but it must be either ban compliant or 'pre-ban' - i.e. made into a gun before the MA AWB went into effect.

Okay....but the salesman didn't say that. All I know is I can go buy a Glock from my local dealer right down the street, used, but I can buy one. Though they may be used, they are available to own in MA. And of course, any postban firearm needs to be compliant. So maybe I should have said the salesman was misleading?? Point is, he fed the guy info in hopes he would settle for something bass pro offers.

So, u CAN buy a Glock and u CAN buy an AR. just not from Bass Pro....SIGH

You can't buy a new Glock from a FFL dealer in MA because Glocks aren't on the AG's approved list of handguns for sale in MA.

You mean the AG's non-list don't you?

Reference to an "AG's list", that does not exist, serves to confuse. There are guns the AG has declared do not comply; guns that most think to comply; and guns nobody is sure about. But, the AG never issues a statement that a particular gun is indeed "compliant".

You mean the AG's non-list don't you?

Reference to an "AG's list", that does not exist, serves to confuse. There are guns the AG has declared do not comply; guns that most think to comply; and guns nobody is sure about. But, the AG never issues a statement that a particular gun is indeed "compliant".

It was an attempt at taming the incomprehensible

Back
Top Bottom