• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best police sidearm

Kisspik002

NES Member
There hasn't been a lot of activity in the LEO forum lately so I thought I would get something going.

In your opinion what pistol is the best police sidearm and if you could carry anything what would it be?

Not a LEO - but a Glock? [rofl]

why not? Its kinda like a sure shot (no pun intended). M&P would also be noteworthy IMO.

We carry glock 22s but I like my 17 better ideal though maybe' a Springfield xd 9 or a glock 21sf

We carry glock 22s but I like my 17 better ideal though maybe' a Springfield xd 9 or a glock 21sf
Pi had an XD that was a pleasure to shoot. But the guide rod spring was a tad heavy. I noticed females and even my dad could not rack it as easily.

Great guns though. I tried hard to get it malfunction with the grip safety or limp wristing and couldnt. But i'd hand it off to someone else and voila. Instant jam.

Current time frame?

There are so many good guns out there, it is easier to mention the bad ones.

Anything with a "safety" that could accidentally engage, or take time to take off is tops on my list of bad guns.

Being older I have fond memories of my Dad's Model 10 duty weapon.... went bang every time.

I have a hard time believing the switch was marketing hype. That being said, someone that knows how to use a tool, should never be underestimated.

B

yeah, and most of the time, when you hit somebody with the .38, it just makes them mad. in the Miami shootout, Mirules shot Platt and Matix in the head with plus P 158 gr lhp;s, from a range of 3-6 ft, 3x each, and not a single one of those bullets, from a 4" barrel, made it thru their skull bones, after first piercing a windshield.
The issue was not the caliber. The issue was bullet construction.

Try shooting someone in the head through laminated safety glass using a lead round nose .45 ACP and the results would have been the same.

Put a modern 125 grain JHP atop a full charge in a .357 Magnum and you will sing a different tune.

If I had to do the job, I would want as may large caliber rounds as possible, in a very reliable firearm. So if I could, I would carry a Glock 20, with 15 rounds of 10mm.

This is definitely not the best but i have a love affair with the hk 45 (not to be confused with the usp). If my company decides to arm us that is what I'm going to get, even with it's obnoxious trigger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

images

Last edited:
+1. I agree glock in 45 and for revolver the R8

great responses everyone. Seems like most PDs around here carry glocks or M&Ps.

The one that is most reliable and secondly the one you can shoot the fastest with good accuracy in a solid caliber IE; 9MM, 40, 357Sig, 45ACP, 38 SPl or 357 mag.

+1. I agree glock in 45 and for revolver the R8

great responses everyone. Seems like most PDs around here carry glocks or M&Ps.

I hear the .45 a lot and the Glock twice as much. With everyone saying the same thing would it be forward of me to ask what you use now and what complaints do you have?

M&P or Glock in 9mm.

The switch from revos to autos was a lot more than marketing hype. Which is easier to teach a new shooter decent accuracy with, a 12lb long travel trigger, or a short 5lb trigger?

Back
Top Bottom