Bob's Tactical in Salisbury, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't official as yet, however, I got wind tonight that Bob's might be closing the end of this month. Stay tuned - I'll let you know more after Sunday.

I'm very depressed over this....

jcliff said:
Lynne,

I'm at Bob's quite often and I haven't heard about them closing.

Where did you hear this?

John

They aren't really saying anything as yet John. It's still not certain. I know everyone who works there, as well as the owner, and work there off and on myself. What I would suggest is that if you're heading up there after next weekend, call first to see if they're open. Bob's was hit hard after the gun laws changed and especially after Heir Reilly enacted his CMR 16.something (I forget the number) which reduced what they could sell considerably. Things have been tough for them. Anywho...I'll keep this updated when I hear something definate, which should be sometime this week.

That would be frustrating... one of the places I first got involved and was very helpful in many ways

Dirtypacman said:
That would be frustrating... one of the places I first got involved and was very helpful in many ways

Trust me, I know. Some folks are seeing what can be done...everything that can be crossed on me is (cept the eyes).

Oh HELL NO...

I've been going to Bob's since the late 1980s... Bought my first gun there...

I really hope you're wrong on this one, Lynne...

:(

Okay - just got off the phone and the latest I got is this...

There will be someone new taking over, however, due to the dirt on the range (it's really bad out there), and the fact that the whole shop needs a face lift, Bob's will be temporarily closing (I think at the end of the month, but I didn't get a definate on that one) and then reopening under new mangement. I don't know how long they'll be closed as he wants to do some renovating, and I don't know how detailed that will be, but they WILL reopen.

You can breath again hun. (me too for that matter) I'll post when they'll be closing when I find out and when they're ready to reopen.

PHEW!!!

Y'know, that doesn't surprise me too much. I'd heard Bob had been sick...

I wonder if they'll need weekend people when they reopen???

[twisted]

Jay G said:
PHEW!!!

Y'know, that doesn't surprise me too much. I'd heard Bob had been sick...

I wonder if they'll need weekend people when they reopen???

[twisted]

Actually - his name is Frank. :) And, when they reopen, and you're there, ask.

Martlet said:
Didn't they just buy someone's inventory and start doing the interior over a month or so again?

They didn't do any renovating, however, he did take in the inventory from Big Al's in Seabrook. I'm not sure but I think he's just selling it for "Big Al"

The upcoming renovating (I just got back from there and met one of the guys who'd be putting up the $$'s) would be to upgrade lighting on the range, the air exchange system, replacing the target system - things like that. It's not a definate as yet - he was checking things out tonight. It'll depend on the price of what he wants and what needs to be done.
Stay tuned...

CRAP!
My daughter is up visiting me from FL and I had planned on taking her on her first trip to the range to Bob's to fire my Marlin 60. I won't be able to get up there until next week, but now it sounds like they will be closed...

CRAP!

Adam

Adam_MA said:
CRAP!
My daughter is up visiting me from FL and I had planned on taking her on her first trip to the range to Bob's to fire my Marlin 60. I won't be able to get up there until next week, but now it sounds like they will be closed...

CRAP!

Adam

Call them before you go. 978-465-5561 They *might* be open.

Here's the Scoop on Bob's Tactical in Salisbury, MA

I have worked at Bob's Tactical for a little over 4 years and am directly involved with the changes that are taking place.
I'm the little guy with the machineguns and I'm sure people here know who I am.

At this point in time, Bob's Tactical WILL be open regular hours for the month of August. We are working with a new company that will hopefully take over the entire establishment. There will be many changes most likely including; revamping the range system including the lighting, new inventory, climate controlled show room, new line of rental firearms, full blown website, etc.

We will try to make this a more family/police oriented atmosphere for all customers that walk through our doors.

Please be patient as we make these changes. As it looks right now, we will try to make these changes while keeping the shop open.

Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns. I will be more than happy to listen to any ideas of improvement.

Thanks again to all our customers throught all the years. We wouldn't be able to do this without you...

Steve H.
Bob's Tactical (978) 465-5561

You wouldn't happen to be the guy that was on the right side of the firing line at Eden on Memorial Day with the 7.92mm 1919A4, would you. I'm the guy that was under the green awning almost to the end of the right.

Wasn't me....never made it up there

Do have a 1919a4 though. The next shoot I'll go to is probably Knob Creek. I've been going for a few years and am on the main line. I'll be at the Westfield MA MG shoot as well.
We have alot of larger stuff in our inventory and will be bringing everything to the shoots.

Steve H.

Re: Wasn't me....never made it up there

Steve in MA said:
Do have a 1919a4 though. The next shoot I'll go to is probably Knob Creek. I've been going for a few years and am on the main line. I'll be at the Westfield MA MG shoot as well.
We have alot of larger stuff in our inventory and will be bringing everything to the shoots.

Steve H.

Steve has a LOT of very nice toys...I've seen a few of them. :D

Re: Wasn't me....never made it up there

Steve in MA said:

Steve H.

Then that wasn't you in Eden at the GMBSC shoot that weekend?

i was supposed to go but had to duck out

There's alot of stuff going on at the range so I figured it would be best to stick around. We'll be at Knob Creek and Westfield shoots. I know the Green Mountain Boys are going to have more shoots throughout the year. I'll try to get up there if possible.

Lynne...good to see you guys the other week. Feel free to call whenever, I always have my cellphone on.

Steve H.

For those of you who sometimes go up to Bob's - Ed and I will be working there this Saturday, and the next couple Saturday's as well. Iffn' yer not doing nuthin, swing by and say "Hi".

Well, that answers THAT question... Since it's summer time, I haven't had a chance to get to Bob's - lots of invites to outdoor ranges and such.

Glad to see they're still open; even gladder still that they're not going to close the doors.

Steve,

Are you the one with the 7.62X25mm machine gun? If so, I've seen you shoot it a couple of times and it looks like fun!

Lynne,

What time on Saturday? I may be able to sneak out of the house for a couple hours and I'd love to swing in to meet a fellow forum member...

For those of you who go to Bob's...tomorrow and Friday they might be closed for the day, so if you're planning on going up, call first to see if they're open.

There are some good changes that are going to happen up there and some plans are already in the works, but, due to some issues, there might be days when they'll have to close - so, call first before you head up there. :D

<Mod Hat On>

For those who saw Steve in MA's post - until such time that I can verify certain information - I have removed Steve's post and have PM'd him. If said information is verifed, then he can repost his original comments.

anyone that wants to know the particulars feel free to call

I am not working at Bob's Tactical anymore. Two other long time employees have left.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like

Steve Hamel
Steve in MA
(978) 430-7784

Posted with permission...

Just to let some of you guys know - there are a few items at Bob's that are deals. If anyone's looking for a Winchester 94 30-30, they got a couple of them up there that will go for around $140 (maybe less, depends on total tax). All the stuff with a "Big Al's tag on it, plus all the supplies that came from Big Al's is 20% off.

Also, there are a few consignment pieces that you could probably make an offer on. Don't know for sure, however, they might be open to it. You could make an offer on just about anything in the store - what the heck.

I can't list what's there as I'm not sure however I do know there's a number of .22's in the case, a couple 1911's, and a number of revolvers (sorry I can'tbe more specific about what they are). They also have a barrell of (mainly) used leather holsters (mix of semi and revolver) for $5.00.

There's other things up there as well, so it might just be worth the trip for you, depending on what you're looking for. If you want, you can call them... 978-465-5561.

Ed and I should be up there tomorrow night, so if you stop in, ask for us!

For those of you who go up to Bob's, just an FYI - the range will be closed temporarily for a few weeks or so. Can't give you a definate date, but call before you head up there to save yourself a trip. Hopefully it won't be down for long.

Thanks for the heads-up, Lynne. The shootin' schedule is pretty full from now through October, so hopefully I'll miss the shutdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom