• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boomer parents are the worst

Boomers end in. . . .1965 at the latest. If you're REALLY a Boomer, you were born in the 50's. Who the F is having kids in their mid-40's?????

I didn't listen to the rest of the rant. LOL
This. She probably had GenX parents. What a maroon. She was probably just as insufferable as a child.

young boomers.
born in 1964, kid in 2000, 36 years old, possibly.

anyways, there is a LOT to unpack here.
a) how does a boomer produce a kid like this?

Boomer is a state of mind more than an birth year or age bracket.
Also true, but she isn't implying general ineptitude or lack of technological savvy, like the colloquial use of boomer.

They just didn't appear to give a shit about SpongeBob. And for that she harbors resentment. I hope she cries while trying to figure out how to jump start a car.

young boomers.
born in 1964, kid in 2000, 36 years old, possibly.

anyways, there is a LOT to unpack here.
a) how does a boomer produce a kid like this?
They let the kid drink the Kool - Aid while enrolled in the public educational system. They don't bother to deprogram their child(ren) everyday because they are more than likely liberals themselves!

Boomers end in. . . .1965 at the latest. If you're REALLY a Boomer, you were born in the 50's. Who the F is having kids in their mid-40's?????

In modern slang ‘boomer’ isn’t really a direct reference to the Baby Boomer generation, it’s a ‘clever’ play on that term and is used by anyone under ~20-25 and directed at anyone over ~35 to condescendingly say “Hey, old man”

My son was born when I was 50. A friend of mine is a Vietnam vet with a daughter the same age - so he had to be late 50’s.

Read books with my kids, like the Harry Potter series, who GAF about TV? Kid in video has a house and two parents, boo hoo hoo.

to answer Op

Q; "what do i think?

A; we are completely f***ed as a society. in my day there were 3 channels only if/ when my little brother stood next to the rabbit ears in the right spot & we were summarily told to "get the f*** out of the house"" by the old man......

The sound of leather running through belt loops could have changed that attitude.
What I was thinking. As a Gen X parent.....my kids new that would be the outcome if they FAFO and I made it real clear.

Your grandfather belted my ass when I deserved it, and it seemed to work OK for me.

So Im not changing that style of parenting.

If you have a problem with that you can find another heated shelter to lay your ass down and eat for free.

Back
Top Bottom