• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boomer parents are the worst

My parents are "Boomers." Born in the 1950s. I'm Gen X/Millennial or Xennial. Born in the very early 80s.

What the hell is that retard babbling about? Why does she believe her parents are her friends? They're not. They're not supposed to be, either. It's a feature, not a bug.

My friends and I were never home if we could help it. None of us had cable and we didn't care. We played outside in the streets where supervision was minimal. We didn't want to go home. Never mind be home to watch movies with our parents. That sounds like a nightmare.

I don't understand this generation. I realize that "old people" often say that about subsequent generations, but wow. Mental illness has really taken hold and it's celebrated. I'll never understand.

I realize that "old people" often say that about subsequent generations,
That's a good point and the GG and SG didn't understand their peacenik, hippie boomer, druggy kids way back when with psychedelia, acid rock and all the other crap that came with the "Summer of Love". They called it the "Generation Gap" and was exploited by silly movies showing young hippies taking over from old people, like in the Village of the Giants, Wild in the Streets, even Logan's Run is sci fi hippie boomer fantasy about killing older people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_in_the_Streets

Back
Top Bottom