Boston Globe article calls for confiscation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The left is so dumb. The article blames the violence on too many inanimate objects. Using that logic, why are rental trucks only now becoming dangerous after not causing any issues for decades?

The Goston Blobe published an article about gun confiscation. I'm so shocked... Good thing nobody with a functioning brain gets their news from that rag anymore. Most of their clicks probably come from right wingers looking for a laugh. Screw them and the rest of their retard media pals.

From the article:
Since passage of the law, the country hasn’t seen a single mass shooting — defined as a killing of five or more people, not including the gunman.

I wonder why they went with 5 or more killed. The Media and anti gun groups use 4 or more injured, and the FBI uses 4 or more Killed not including the gunman...
Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that if they used the Anti-gun/Media definition, Then Australia would have had 2 mass shootings sense there ban, and by the FBI definition, they have had one... [rolleyes] Im sure it was a coincidence.

Port Arthur Massacre happened in April of 1996.

Monash University shooting 21 October 2002 Melbourne, Victoria 2 dead 5 wounded Mass shooting attack by Huan Yun "Allen" Xiang

Hunt family murders 9 September 2014 Lockhart, New South Wales 5 dead 0 wounded A Mass shooting and Familicide by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself

The police might decide to participate, they might even get a few houses in, but the chances of them surviving until retirement is zero.

Lets say they start confiscation, do you think I'm leaving my stuff where it can be found?

Lets say they raid some house in my town - do you think I wouldn't 'make life difficult' for them after that?

If it comes to confiscation, possession will already include 'up to a life sentence' like bump stocks, so what do I have to lose? Die in a cage or waist deep in brass.

If I've already decided not to comply, then I've already decided on a voyage - the only thing yet to be determined is the destination.

Last edited:
Most of the police are incompetent (see the marathon bombing manhunt as an example).

If 1% of gun owners resist, there would be major bloodshed.

long article, but this is the closing.

Still, even if we find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who have engaged in disturbing or violent behavior — no small task, given all the stories of the troubled shooters who slipped through the cracks — it will only get us so far.

The United States’ astronomically high rates of firearm violence aren’t rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illness and basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

Other common explanations, like the social fissures created by our racial diversity, have been debunked by researchers, too. The only explanation left — an explanation borne out by a number of careful studies — is the sheer size of the American arsenal. There are 310 million handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in American homes, garages, and waistbands.

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there’s no way around it: They’ll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

Hmmm. The same people said, with regard to illegal aliens, "We could never have the resources available to round up a million people and deport them, it is just impossible". But they think there is enough to round up north of 500,000,000 guns. Never forget that the end goal of every Progressive Communist is gun confiscation. Then when they are in total control, and they have all the guns, we get loaded onto the freight cars like cattle.

The future looks bleak unless the left drops the gun grabbing obsession. They’ll have control of the presidency and congress at some point.

The future looks bleak unless the left drops the gun grabbing obsession. They’ll have control of the presidency and congress at some point.

With any hope Trump is able to install at least 2-3 more conservative supreme court justices to give us some more long range stability.

There will be no civil war, even if tomorrow ALL firearms are illegal. It isn't us vs them. It's you versus the thin blue line on a cold rainy highway when you have a tail light out and a gun in the backseat. If you shoot the guy, you look like a nutjob and go to jail. That is how one by one the cards fall.

Bears repeating. Theres no need for a Night of the Long Knives to get the guns, just a traffic stop and a record of a prohibited firearm in your possession. Thats why the compliance rate for registering ARs and AKs in NY and CT is so stupidly low. In MA your guns are already registered.

Even if "they" came for our guns, it would just mean laws didnt matter anymore.. i could do with Less laws.

I wonder why they went with 5 or more killed. The Media and anti gun groups use 4 or more injured, and the FBI uses 4 or more Killed not including the gunman...
Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that if they used the Anti-gun/Media definition, Then Australia would have had 2 mass shootings sense there ban, and by the FBI definition, they have had one... [rolleyes] Im sure it was a coincidence.

Didn't the FBI change its definition to 2 or more shot a few years ago? I was able to find lots of references to the FBI changing it to 4 on Nov. 17, 2017 but I can't find confirmation of what it was before then. I'd swear I saw that it was changed from 4 or 5 to 2 back in 2014. I can't keep up with the BS. [thinking]

So is this suggesting that the mere presence of a firearm makes otherwise reasonable and sane individuals go out and shoot people? Interesting. Stupid, but interesting.

I think the argument is that we have the same frequency of psychopaths, but the availability of guns is reason they kill so many people [with guns].

Which is kind of calling a spade a spade.

If charlton Heston were alive today, his cold dead hands speech would be reason enough to execute him.

headlines:” as a threat to public safety, we gunned him down, suspect stated he is armed and would not be taken alive”[thinking]

its happened .

With any hope Trump is able to install at least 2-3 more conservative supreme court justices to give us some more long range stability.

That would certainly help, but our gun rights will be under attack until the day you die...whenever that might be.

They will continue to go after long guns (starting with the scariest first), and then go after handguns once rifles are gone. Handguns have always been the real goal.

Firearms have only two enemies, politicians and rust.

long article, but this is the closing.

Still, even if we find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who have engaged in disturbing or violent behavior — no small task, given all the stories of the troubled shooters who slipped through the cracks — it will only get us so far.

The United States’ astronomically high rates of firearm violence aren’t rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illness and basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

Other common explanations, like the social fissures created by our racial diversity, have been debunked by researchers, too. The only explanation left — an explanation borne out by a number of careful studies — is the sheer size of the American arsenal. There are 310 million handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in American homes, garages, and waistbands.

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there’s no way around it: They’ll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

So people in Chicago shoot people solely because they have guns? Shootings only happen because we have guns?! I have guns, but have no desire to shoot anyone. I have a car, but I don't run people over with it.

What a stupid ****ing argument. And I want to know how the diversity thing was debunked. I call bullshit on that too.

And since we are on the topic of perceived causation, they can't get away without mentioning that almost ALL of our violent crime comes from the big dump Demorat cities where the government has been paying people to sit on their asses doing nothing! So people have no purpose in life or sense of accomplishment.

Thirdly, there are plenty of other nations that have worse violent crimes (NOT Just gun crime) and nations that don't record a crime unless a conviction is achieved!!! So comparing violent crime rates

Finally, if they plan to confiscate, assuming their true goal is to reduce violent crime, in light of how many deaths happen each year in Chicago, DC, and Baltimore, shouldn't they strive to disarm the gang bangers first?! And since Wounded Knee and Waco are truly the largest mass shootings in US history, shouldn't we disarm the government next!!?! Governments were responsible for 160 million murders in the 20th century alone!

Once the gang and the govt are disarmed including police, then we can have a conversation about disarming the peaceful law abiding citizens

Last edited:

Part of me thinks that they truly want civil war. Our nation is the last bastion of freedom on this planet. The globalists that want to control the world have known this for well over a century.

They have been very successful in implementation of destructive policies through the left to weaken our nation over the past hundred years but now they are appearing to lose their patcience and want to take over now.

Civil war might weaken us just enough to pull it off. Soros ain't no spring chicken. He is running out of time to be President of the world.

Law gets passed, PD creates action teams for confiscation. Morning briefing for first confiscation of firearms.
attachment.php

Worst case of blue-flue ever. [laugh]

Yes I know its a fire department, but you get the point.

Dude that room would be jam packed with fatties in body armor, moustaches, and backwards-mounted EOTechs.

Well, think about it, if there were no guns, there would be no shootings, just knifes , baseball batting. Rental truck running, you know, all the OTHER stuff. Nutjobs are going to nutjob no matter what they have or do not have. These anti's are just moving from one ban to the next, it's their purpose in life (so they think) to make someone else miserable by having some kind of power over them.

Law gets passed, PD creates action teams for confiscation. Morning briefing for first confiscation of firearms.
attachment.php

Worst case of blue-flue ever. [laugh]

Yes I know its a fire department, but you get the point.

That post puts a smile on my face. But I wonder how many COPs in MA would jump at the chance to steal guns from honest peaceful law abiding citizens? I assume that those would be in the minority and that many COPs are true to their oath

Well, think about it, if there were no guns, there would be no shootings, just knifes , baseball batting. Rental truck running, you know, all the OTHER stuff. Nutjobs are going to nutjob no matter what they have or do not have. These anti's are just moving from one ban to the next, it's their purpose in life (so they think) to make someone else miserable by having some kind of power over them.

Funny how these braindead libs keep mentioning Australia but make NO mention of England. I wonder WHY that is?

Maybe THIS has something to do with it:

UK Homicide Rate.PNG

I wish they were so concerned about the mental status of illegal aliens.

I think the argument is that we have the same frequency of psychopaths, but the availability of guns is reason they kill so many people [with guns].

Which is kind of calling a spade a spade.

Its still a dumb argument as long as you believe that there are more good people than bad.

Now, if you have stupid ****ing policies that only disarm the good guys, you get these types of shootings.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they were so concerned about the mental status of illegal aliens.

They will not examine their voter base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom