Boston globe Mill article

Not an excuse.

You're still on Stud Club double-secret probation.
I left the stud club when Reptile declared himeself president.

I am now member of the double secret NES stud club. It has higher standard for women.

Why we need more than 20 members in a private chat. ;)

Last edited:
You all know this. Legislation is coming when Maura wins. Things will get interesting. I'm sure this annoyed her.

Indefensible legislation, in light of Bruen.

Nothing will happen. And if it does, she'll get smacked down in court. And she'll come to heel; Maura is no Hochul. She's much smarter. She won't fight a losing battle just for the hell of it.

For some reason I think of the Mill as the old DEC building in Maynard and a bunch of gun shops in there. Even though it has nothing to do with Maynard.

I say this once a week.. go to other states that aren't blue and no one really cares about guns. Just like no one blames cars for fatal accidents.

Makes me wonder how good of a lawyer he really is if he doesn't know how to speak to a reporter.

Also, if they quoted him out of context, I would love to see him post a transcript of the question and answer. Unedited.
I'm disgusted at how many here are so quick to jump on the bandwagon against Guida without having the full story and outright ignoring that the quotes are not just out of context, but the individual sentences have been edited to include only part of the sentence. This screams manipulation.

And I'll add this, since no one seems interested in the details, the article NEVER says Jason Guida said anything to the reporter. Let that sink in.

There are other statements attributed to @one-eyed Jack and others that were apparently lifted from NES, do you think there are no other sources of material for words by Jason Guida that could be edited to imply something the reporter wanted to imply? Get real. With all that he has said that is public record and easily available, I'll bet you could pluck out a partial sentence that would sound like support to almost anything. Even if he did give the reporter a statement, the level of editing by the reporter still screams manipulation and disinformation. Maybe everyone should condemn Jack and Jim as well, they are both mentioned and quoted in the article... see how ridiculous that sounds.

I'm disgusted at how many here are so quick to jump on the bandwagon against Guida without having the full story and outright ignoring that the quotes are not just out of context, but the individual sentences have been edited to include only part of the sentence. This screams manipulation.

And I'll add this, since no one seems interested in the details, the article NEVER says Jason Guida said anything to the reporter. Let that sink in.

There are other statements attributed to @one-eyed Jack and others that were apparently lifted from NES, do you think there are no other sources of material for words by Jason Guida that could be edited to imply something the reporter wanted to imply? Get real. With all that he has said that is public record and easily available, I'll bet you could pluck out a partial sentence that would sound like support to almost anything. Even if he did give the reporter a statement, the level of editing by the reporter still screams manipulation and disinformation. Maybe everyone should condemn Jack and Jim as well, they are both mentioned and quoted in the article... see how ridiculous that sounds.
That is why I mentioned earlier, change my mind and I will delete my posts.

The best lawyers 1. know the law inside and out. 2. are masterful and clever wordsmiths and 3. think fast and talk faster. Counselor Tassel is all of the above and more. Journalism is almost dead. Today’s ”journalists” are smooth brain activists masquerading as journalists.

"Hi, I'm an investigative and data journalist for the Boston Globe.
I studied journalism at Wayne State University in Detroit and was name a distinguished alumna in 2018. Prior to discovering my love of reporting, I was an artist, community organizer and waitress."

Jason Guida moved mountains for me !! I have a hard time believing he said anything with malice or disbaraging about our 2A rights. I havnt read the article yet but from the little bit I read in this post , it sounds like he stated the obvious about the ability to buy a black sporting rifle.
It sounds like he is trying to stir the pot and create some new clients.

when you give sound bites to tv crews and interviews to journalists who represent the worst of the liberal press, remember when you say stupid shit that gets sensationalized, the scared public thinks that's how we all act and think. is it any wonder why they go to bed at night shaking and wanting to stomp us out at any cost.

i firmly believe the ag's office never gives us a second thought. she happily runs around trying to find liberal class action suits to join, and keep up with queer rights and other mundane shit. the gun owner and her office co-exist...out of sight, out of mind...until someone pokes the hornets nest and those phones in her office ring off the wall. then she needs to react with some stupid edict that is good enough to get the liberal citizens off her back. ya think this article is a poke at that nest? you bet. and watch. especially with maura running for governor, she needs to react and react fairly aggressively. people still haven't learned from 2016 and wcvb to keep their mouth shut. and we'll still sit around the keyboard with raised fists blaming everyone except ourselves cause we can't walk away and refrain from giving comments to these people. someone who can't help themselves always says something stupid to a reporters then turns back to look at us for approval.

i firmly believe the ag's office never gives us a second thought. she happily runs around trying to find liberal class action suits to join, and keep up with queer rights and other mundane shit. the gun owner and her office co-exist...out of sight, out of mind...until someone pokes the hornets nest and those phones in her office ring off the wall. then she needs to react with some stupid edict that is good enough to get the liberal citizens off her back.
[rofl]

Not sure if serious, harassment of dealers by the AG has been ongoing ever since Scott Harshbarger was the AG, its basically a tradition. They don't need a reason, its basically backed into a menu or a checklist for the MA AGs office. Hell thats probably a boilerplate requirement of the people who select the next MA AG.

There are no "citizens calling the AGs office whining about guns" rather the actions of that office are basically baked into its DNA.

You all know this. Legislation is coming when Maura wins. Things will get interesting. I'm sure this annoyed her.

Lol everything annoys her, but the AG or even the governor doesnt just get to wave their hands and make legislation (and allocate millions of dollars to it). Also in this state strangely enough the legislature generally takes great umbrage when the governor tries to tell them what to do. Uhaul Patrick was a great example... even though theyre on the same moonbat
team, the other moonbats will not have automatic fealty to healey. Gun control with teeth costs money. Good luck to her in getting that money allocated away from a round school or a horse bridge or whatever other pork going on in the other 95% of the state.

There are no "citizens calling the AGs office whining about guns"
you don't think people don't pound that ag's office with calls after an article like this comes out? was it coincidence that we got the 2016 second awb after the tv interview hit the air?
its basically a tradition.
right. but a few menacing letters mean nothing in the big picture. it's only when this shit happens that we see a massive change. everything is good and cozy until the well meaning gun lover tries to explain the loopholes to a "gun civillian."

how do you think jack comes off in that article? i know him from here as harmless with an un-natural fixation on a bird. but now anyone who reads that sees a semi senile old man who hates liberals and manages the worlds largest gun emporium while selling machine guns. maybe that's him but i feel the world doesn't need to know.

what do i think will become of this? at the very least the town of littleton and the chief (who i thought was on our side from reading jack's prior posts) will try and pass some zoning ordinance that says there can't be two gun shops within a mile of each other in town. i don't know, we'll have to wait and see when the other shoe drops.

mike, you can go back to getting pissed at everybody for an opinion except the people who do it to us...ourselves.

and while i'm on a tear here...jezus, we won't even tell a newbie here at nes about the mill when they inquire "where can i get.". you can almost feel the smug looks and eye winks through the monitor of the people "in the know." but we don't have a f***ing problem doing media interviews to complete stranger liberal reporters, telling them everything, who do nothing but harm us in the end. i don't know wtf goes on with us.

how do you think jack comes off in that article? i know him from here as harmless with an un-natural fixation on a bird. but now anyone who reads that sees a semi senile old man who hates liberals and manages the worlds largest gun emporium while selling machine guns.

Sorry, just for clarification which one of those is the crime?

🐯

Sorry, just for clarification which one of those is the crime?

🐯
it's not the crime...it's the public opinion that f***s us up. we walk a precarious fine line here in massachusetts. again don't ask don't tell. but we love to tell. there is something with humans that they love the attention of being interviewed by media. it almost validates them as an expert.

i'm just as pissed over this as i was that tv interview in 2016. there's been a hundred posts since saying don't talk to reporters, nothing good will come from it. we just can't help ourselves.

I trust the media less than politicians, which is not at all. Especially, when they obviously have an axe to grind.

Legislation is coming when Maura wins.
New anti-gun/anti-gunowner legislation has been promised to us anyway...

"Democratic leaders — who have pledged to draft tougher legislation when they come back into formal session next year — said the bill would bring state law in line with the high court ruling that found a New York law restricting carrying licenses, similar to Massachusetts law, was unconstitutional.

Source:

Back
Top Bottom