BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I think you are the one missing the point. There is nothing friendly about this entire thread, or previous comments made.

That's entirely possible. It all seemed good natured to me for the most part, but maybe I missed something. In any case no offense was meant on my part.

Last edited:
Bullshit you didnt think this would happen. What are you 3 years old?

Dench I haven't blocked you, you can either post your opinions here, PM me or continue to act like you're the 3 year old.

Given your history here I fully expect the latter.

Unfortunately, I think you are the one missing the point. There is nothing friendly about this entire thread, or previous comments made.

I saw a bunch of posts where people mentioned they don't know BA, they're not sure what this all stemmed from, they don't have any hard feelings for the guy, they kinda like him, and hey the guy did me a solid -- but all of these posts were people down for the cause. Sounds like good friendly fun to me.

Dench, I have nothing against you but I think you should not turn this thread into a personal matter.

1- BA is called upon for competition
2- Ppl got excited, competition is fun
3- Ppl offered GOAL donations and memberships for the cause
4- This could be the biggest Appleseed in a while from the amount of thread views and replies

I think it should be left at that.

Dench, I have nothing against you but I think you should not turn this thread into a personal matter.

1- BA is called upon for competition
2- Ppl got excited, competition is fun
3- Ppl offered GOAL donations and memberships for the cause
4- This could be the biggest Appleseed in a while from the amount of thread views and replies

I think it should be left at that.

This!

I also took this thread as good natured ribbing and it turned into something that could be so much more for Goal, the Appleseed project and a bunch of NES members. I personally think BA2 is going to step up, but that's me. There's no reason this should get personal and potentially locked. The loss of funds to Goal alone would be a shame.

We can include you in this as well but frankly speaking I'm near broke and can't put up another $100.00 bucks.

Donations anyone ?

I have never met either of you, but in the interest of competition I'll put up $100 for Dench. Same terms as Mr. Twigg laid out for BA2 in Post #1. What say you, Dench?

Last edited:
Yup, I think it's all good-natured ribbing. BA2 made some comments, crapped up a picture thread, and got called on them. I'd like to think the people involved aren't trying to take this to a deeply personal level. The only "off with his head" comment got shunned. I have faith that he can man up and take this in stride. We're just a bunch of semi-local ball-busters out to have a good time. Dench, you're the one who taught me that. I present to you exhibit A:

630351610_CVyhT-L.jpg

Last edited:
I also saw it mainly as some ribbing between forum members. I also think that if BA does this, he should get to present one of those big ass checks to GOAL for the sum.

After reading this entire thread multiple times, I wonder: Why do I want to accept a hostile invitation to do something that does not interest me? Why would I accept a a hostile invitation to do something to impress a bunch of people on the internet? Why would I ever give in to the mob mentality? I have read through this thread a few times before I made this reply (and one member has hit some of my concerns right on the head), so those who could not wait: Im sorry you have nothing more exciting to do [wink]

I am doing none of those things. That being said, it seems I am put in a position of power, unbeknownst to many. On the one hand, many people here seem supportive of me doing this, while others do not seem supportive in their intentions behind wanting me to do this. That being said, a greater opportunity has risen.

You have just given me control of your wallets. This is a unique opportunity for me to help raise money for GOAL. I take on this "challenge" despite the misconstrued interpretations of my original posts. If there is one thing I will never claim, it is that I am a better shot than anybody else. However, this will give me the chance to help what I have always felt is a dying breed in MA: the 2A supporter.

The money will ultimately help us fight against a hostile climate, help us promote the shooting sports with a solid donation behind it. I am not doing this for anyone but GOAL. I appreciate those who support my endeavor in this. At the end of the day, this is about a greater cause than settling some "beef". I am not anyone else, it matters not to me what you would do or what you think. I am not doing this for the collective "you".

Dench -

1 - you're off ignore. pm away.
2 - I've posted in this thread four times previously... and exactly ONE post had anything to do with the challenge (offering to let him use my Garand).
3 - say your say... although I don't know why you didn't say anything to me on Saturday at the shoot.

After reading this entire thread multiple times, I wonder: Why do I want to accept a hostile invitation to do something that does not interest me? Why would I accept a a hostile invitation to do something to impress a bunch of people on the internet? Why would I ever give in to the mob mentality? I have read through this thread a few times before I made this reply (and one member has hit some of my concerns right on the head), so those who could not wait: Im sorry you have nothing more exciting to do [wink]

I am doing none of those things. That being said, it seems I am put in a position of power, unbeknownst to many. On the one hand, many people here seem supportive of me doing this, while others do not seem supportive in their intentions behind wanting me to do this. That being said, a greater opportunity has risen.

You have just given me control of your wallets. This is a unique opportunity for me to help raise money for GOAL. I take on this "challenge" despite the misconstrued interpretations of my original posts. If there is one thing I will never claim, it is that I am a better shot than anybody else. However, this will give me the chance to help what I have always felt is a dying breed in MA: the 2A supporter.

The money will ultimately help us fight against a hostile climate, help us promote the shooting sports with a solid donation behind it. I am not doing this for anyone but GOAL. I appreciate those who support my endeavor in this. At the end of the day, this is about a greater cause than settling some "beef". I am not anyone else, it matters not to me what you would do or what you think. I am not doing this for the collective "you".

+1

You made the right decision [rockon]

GOAL will benefit greatly from you actions.

we should do threads like this more often. trash talking means nothing if you aren't willing to back it up.

me and you buddy... [laugh][devil2]

except, my schedule IS kinda eF'd up through fall. I'd love to win (or loose) against you.

[wink]

all BS aside, IF BA2 takes on and does this challenge, it's a win-win.

i'm pretty much "blocked off" through fall. here - there - here - there... YES, excuses, but i'm active duty, if that means anything...

i hope ya'll have fun at the event IF i'm in town, i'll be there. otherwise, FLAME ON! i want super moto!!!!!

whatever dicipline... [rofl]

Excellent! I look forward to buying someone a GOAL membership!

edit: i was typing... (obviously)

Boston - A

[cheers] good job.

i suggest your practice [wink]

[laugh]

and back to the matter at hand.... [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom