Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

From Jim

According to two separate articles from the State House News Service the House voted to send the Governor's gun bill to the Judiciary Committee, but the Senate voted to send it to the Public Safety Committee.
I checked the Mass Government website for these committees. It looks like the Judiciary committee is a joint House/Senate committee and the Senate committee runs the Committee for Public Safety and Homeland Security. Neither committee has it's members listed on the website. Additionally neither shows any bills up for discussion or hearings scheduled. These
committee members are who we should be calling once we figure who sits on these committees

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
I don't belong to a large club like Harvard but I have an idea.

Why not invite all the polls to a shooting day at a large club like the Harvard club and have them shoot these evil guns and while they are there explain the burdens the state has placed on gun owners and how hard it is for even the police to understand and enforce, how much money in taxes are lost to local gun shops because of these silly restrictions, etc, you get the picture. A captured audience that is having a good time as opposed to being bored to death by stacks of letters and e-mails.

Just promise them that you won't shoot them, OK?

We do that annually. It's called the GOAL Legislator Day at The Range or something. Does a lot of good huh?

The American People are totally bored with Gun Control and Sandy Hook. Their notoriously short Attention Spans have been spent. Which for once, is a good thing.

The new, and much more important issue is : was Beyonce Lip-Synching ?

A ballot initiative in MA to repeal the AWB would most likely backfire. The people of MA (the ones who don't own guns, and actually many that do...) are not ready for that yet. When it didn't pass, the antis on the hill would use it as an excuse to push for more gun control. "See? The people want this!"

Stay ever vigilant! Remember that NY passed their crap in less then 6 hours. They could be lulling us into a false sense of security.

I wonder if Jim Wallace is sleeping at the State House in case they try to pull a fast one. At face value though, this is good news.

Possibly answered earlier, but curious, is lisnky's still active? Or were they one in the same?

Last edited:
Do we have any info that this was done on purpose and not some sort of mistake (sending to two separate committees). Is this a documented black hole technique (it sounds like it is). Not that familiar with the sausage making process to know how much stock to put in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly answered earlier, but curious, is lisnky's still active? Or were they one in the same?

Linksy has separate bill.

Today is "Call David Linsky Day" - get on it!

Me: Good morning Mr Linsky, Bill here

Linsky: Hey Bill how are you this morning?

Me: Fine sir thanks for asking. My question for you sir is this, why is it that a man who is very much afraid of Legalized personal Gun ownership feel that it is ok if a person has Sex with Farm animals can you answer that question sir?

Linsky: Well bill ( pauses, lots of shuffling going on ) http://static1.grsites.com/archive/sounds/animals/animals024.wav

Linsky: ( Screams CAN I CALL YOU BACK! )

Last edited:
Any other news/word on where this bill is at (and Linsky's)? Stalled, pushed to a committee etc? I wish GOAL would give us some more up to date information as they are probably on the Hill ALOT recently.

Yeah. I'm gonna go with the word of the people actually in the lobby. For now, this is stalled in multiple committees. If there is an update I'm sure we'll be made aware. It's still a threat, just not going to pass overnight.

Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled

Stay ever vigilant! Remember that NY passed their crap in less then 6 hours. They could be lulling us into a false sense of security.

I wonder if Jim Wallace is sleeping at the State House in case they try to pull a fast one. At face value though, this is good news.

My thoughts exactly.

Last I heard, they referred it to these folks. Until very recently, no members were listed. Now there are two. I'll send off my letters to these guys tomorrow if it's still sitting with them. Let's fill their mailboxes.

Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security

ETA: actually, it looks like there's five names listed, three are below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom