Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

Was just thinking about this some more; as I said if this was intentional, this could be a way for state legislature to get outta this without making Deval look bad but more importantly; what if all the NY backlash, MA rally and harassing the reps was enough for them to realize it was a terrible idea and that there was no way it would pass; subsequently if it fails to pass it could bolster the pro 2a crowd but more importantly spell the death of any future gun control bill.... In other words they can't let it fail and they shot themselves in the foot. Now they're trying to black hole it....

[hmmm]

Last edited:
With all this current ban talk they have helped us add to the ranks exponentially. The large mass of people taking safety courses, submitting paperwork for there permit, and becoming more curious about firearms is encouraging. Since we have all been mobilized if we keep up the pressure it can keep us from further eroding our rights in MA and possibly gaining some ground in turning around some of the ****ed up laws we currently have on the books. 2014 election time comes fast and if we keep on a heavy pace and start looking to it now, finding candidates that are strong 2A whether they are D or R it should not matter, whatever wins the district. We can donate, promote and hold signs as a group and push these people into office. We could get something going in our direction in this assbackward state.

Was just thinking about this some more; as I said if this was intentional, this could be a way for state legislature to get outta this without making Deval look bad but more importantly; what if all the NY backlash, MA rally and harassing the reps was enough for them to realize it was a terrible idea and that there was no way it. Would pass; subsequently if it fails to pass it could bolster the pro 2a crowd but more importantly spell the death of any future gun control bill.... In other words they can't let it fail and they shot themselves in the foot. Now they're trying to black hole it....

[hmmm]

[thinking]

yea I'm not nearly that optimistic. This looks like it's simply an administrative delay, nothing more. I mean, I WANT you to be right, but I just don't see it looking at the makeup of the MA house and senate.

Judiciary committee page
Joint Committee on the Judiciary

Public safety page
Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security

Neither one has any committee members listed.

Committee members got appointed, I think, last Friday. Those committees also do not show any bills or hearings scheduled. I would venture to say that they are just slow in updating the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Said this on FB and I'll say it here too:

If calls, letters, and gathering at the state house had anything to do with this... we need to amp up and go on offense now. No breather, no wait and see what happens, we need to put pressure on legislators to better things for us.

The current AWB that's still in effect for Massachusetts gun owners is a dinosaur that has long out lived its existence. There is absolutely no reason for it, no need for it with the exception to turn law abiding citizens into criminals who may buy a rifle with a prohibited feature or magazine manufactured after the OK date without fully understanding or knowing the Massachusetts firearms laws which probably couldn't even be translated by a f'n Rosetta Stone program let alone the average citizen. This is the hurdle we need to get over!

Agreed! We need to stop playing just defense. We need to go on the offense!

Nice, but let's not fail to give Obama Jr. the scrutiny he deserves. Obama hath spake, Obama Jr. has the means to carry it out here.

Oh so thats his name? and all this time I thought it was Mini me....

I began photocopying my letters and keeping a stack of them in my truck so when I run into my lazy friends I just have them sign it and I mail it myself....and will continue to do so until this shit is LONG OVER....if that ever happens!!

I think he knows its a lost cause, but keep up the cause, but he is a slimy snake.

It is NOT a lost cause for our opposition. Far from it.
They could very well pass this in the end. We must not slack up. Now is the time to work harder and spend more time on the steps of the state house. Visuals like the one that they saw last week at the state house are remebered by our reps. The more that appear on their steps, the more they will remember. It's similar to the effect that the actual firefight has on our troops. The every day training becomes mundain but the visual of the real firefight will stay with them. I know that there are those of you that know through experience that this is very true. We must continue to take it to them on the steps of the state house with relentless regularity.

Committee members got appointed, I think, last Friday. Those committees also do not show any bills or hearings scheduled. I would venture to say that they are just slow in updating the site.
Agreed! We need to stop playing just defense. We need to go on the offense!
Yep...

I will see it when I believe it, but if it is stalled, then we need to push on and punish them for this nonsense so next time they have to start from the swimming pool to even get on to the football field.

With all this current ban talk they have helped us add to the ranks exponentially. The large mass of people taking safety courses, submitting paperwork for there permit, and becoming more curious about firearms is encouraging. Since we have all been mobilized if we keep up the pressure it can keep us from further eroding our rights in MA and possibly gaining some ground in turning around some of the ****ed up laws we currently have on the books. 2014 election time comes fast and if we keep on a heavy pace and start looking to it now, finding candidates that are strong 2A whether they are D or R it should not matter, whatever wins the district. We can donate, promote and hold signs as a group and push these people into office. We could get something going in our direction in this assbackward state.

That's me^
great point!
Let's recruit our friends, family and co workers
I've already gotten 2

what would be involved in getting a repeal of the AWB on a ballot for the next general election?

We have a genious here in our ranks and his name is xero2099. While we are in the midst of repelling the gungrabbers we should caucus for repealling the Ma. AWB while we are at it. We should try to kill two birds with the same stone. We are all so intent on the current event that we are not keeping our eye on the ball that started this whole thing rolling which again is the Ma.AWB. Let's go for that and let the opposition be on defense instead of it always being us on the defense. With the momentum that we've already gained recently, let's take it out for test drive and see what it can do.

We have a genious here in our ranks and his name is xero2099. While we are in the midst of repelling the gungrabbers we should caucus for repealling the Ma. AWB while we are at it. We should try to kill two birds with the same stone. We are all so intent on the current event that we are not keeping our eye on the ball that started this whole thing rolling which again is the Ma.AWB. Let's go for that and let the opposition be on defense instead of it always being us on the defense. With the momentum that we've already gained recently, let's take it out for test drive and see what it can do.
Honestly, I don't think a ballot initiative would pass at this point in MA.

I think our time would be better spent crowding our reps offices until they are made to understand we will sue and pressure them until this nonsense is repealed.

By the same nonsense calculus that we kept electing Brown even as he advocated against our rights, there are enough of them that have nothing to lose and perhaps even something to gain by getting off the fence on this issue.

Last edited:
Getting these proposals to die is not enough. The ridiculous AG Approved Firearms List and Safety Regulations need to go as well. I'm sick and tired of scratching every gun I've ever wanted off my list because new ones are not available for sale here. It's like food shopping at a gas station. Limited selection, not much interesting, and the prices suck.

Can Coakley explain to us why a Hi-Power or a CZ-75 are so dangerous/scary? Is it because they were in Eddie Murphy movies?

I believe the saying is strike while the iron is hot

IN for the children.

Seriously, why can't we try this?

Keep them on the ropes.

Has anyone ever found statistics pertaining to legal gun owners and firearm homicide? I can't find anything showing the percentages of murderers who were licensed gun owners vs unlicensed murderers. It would be great to throw the information in the faces of anti-2A dinks, since I'm sure the majority of firearm homicides are not committed licensed owners. I scoured the ATF and FBI websites and came up with zilch.

He can't be well liked by the other elected officials, the guy is a creep. That may help as well. Hopefully some pictures show up of him porking a sheep or something real soon... :)

THIS- That low life scum sucking turd isn't done yet and neither is mumbles!

I wish I was as optimistic as you guys are. I guess I feel like I've been burned by this state so many times that I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. New round of letters being written and sent tomorrow.

I don't belong to a large club like Harvard but I have an idea.

Why not invite all the polls to a shooting day at a large club like the Harvard club and have them shoot these evil guns and while they are there explain the burdens the state has placed on gun owners and how hard it is for even the police to understand and enforce, how much money in taxes are lost to local gun shops because of these silly restrictions, etc, you get the picture. A captured audience that is having a good time as opposed to being bored to death by stacks of letters and e-mails.

Just promise them that you won't shoot them, OK?

**** YEAH.

But don't stop. The fight continues and I have a feeling this is a respite - the fiends are working hard to come up with something new that will pass - its up to US to fight back. Its up to US to keep a watchful eye on them at all times.

Anti gun legislators are a lot like gremlins - they're non threatening magwais (sp) until someone just once, feeds them past midnight. Let us always keep one eye on the clock and always be mindful of the score.

FIGHT! ALWAYS!

Judiciary committee page
Joint Committee on the Judiciary

Public safety page
Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security

Neither one has any committee members listed.

... these bastards still need to be pummeled ...This current "traffic jam" regarding the bill doesn't surprise me, though. My guess is he tried to game something (EG, due to pending committee assignments) and it backfired on him.

Who or what process determines who gets on these committees? THIS is important to note right now, as I have a feeling they are up to tricks here.

What about Linsky's bill? Do we know where that one is?

Wait. This ISN'T Linsky's bill? Can the governor have bills on his own? I thought I read here on NES only the legislature can file bills.

Good news as long as it doesn't come back to haunt us during some midnight legislative session....[thinking]

You know they are holding secret meetings to determine this ahead of time. The rest is just fluff to go along. Hearings are just a formality or speed bump for them.

Last edited:
Why not invite all the polls to a shooting day at a large club like the Harvard club and have them shoot these evil guns and while they are there explain the burdens the state has placed on gun owners and how hard it is for even the police to understand and enforce, how much money in taxes are lost to local gun shops because of these silly restrictions, etc, you get the picture.

It is a good idea. And GOAL Does just this every year.

Back
Top Bottom