• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breonna Taylor killed in her home by police home invasion?

"But if you get rid of no-nocks, the drug dealers will flush the evidence."

- Morons with jacked up priorities.

Send a robotic rat up the sewer, find their outlet into the sewer and stuff a screen over it. Then knock, raid, flush, recover, prosecute, incarcerate, early release for covid or overcrowding.

Send a robotic rat up the sewer, find their outlet into the sewer and stuff a screen over it. Then knock, raid, flush, recover, prosecute, incarcerate, early release for covid or overcrowding.
Stop using logic. Door kickers wanna kick.

I was in a multi-day training class once where a few cops were BRAGGING about cutting open a guys gun safe for an issue that had nothing to do with guns.

"But if you get rid of no-nocks, the drug dealers will flush the evidence."

- Morons with jacked up priorities.
The reality is that if they think you are a truly dangerous bad dude, they will grab you quick and clean when you are leaving the house.

Whitey Bulger was a known killer in his 70s. They knew that he would rather die than go to jail. This was as high a risk guy as it gets. He had no reason to ever give himself up. So they faked a call from his storage locker company and. said he had to come down. When he stepped outside the house, they grabbed him.

The problem here is that serving high risk warrants this way
1) doesn't require the cops to get out the expensive toys.
2) Doesn't require the cops to dress up like soldiers
3) requires some actual intellect and good police work
4) minimizes the chance that the cops get to shoot someone or a dog.

So its too logical.

In all seriousness, it is also much more time consuming. They couldn't serve 10 warrants per night doing it this way.

But so whaat. Better a warrant go unserved than someone dies because the cops kick in the door and the resident dies in a hail of gunfire thinking his home is being invaded by criminals.

In regards to the flushing drugs stories - we can’t have that, the bad guys will only serve an overnight instead of an overnight and till afternoon waiting for the DA to cut them loose.

Neither Kenneth Walker or Breonna had a criminal record. The cops say they knocked and announced but there is no body cam footage. We can trust the cops.

The knock thing is a red herring. Whether they break down the door in the middle of the night without knocking or announcing or knock and say “police” a second or two before they break down the door in the middle of the night, it’s the exact same thing.

The knock thing is a red herring. Whether they break down the door in the middle of the night without knocking or announcing or knock and say “police” a second or two before they break down the door in the middle of the night, it’s the exact same thing.

The book "Warrior Cop" expertly breaks down how broken and flawed raids are.

The first example that hit home with me was that a national task force was raiding a home of a small town mayor... I believe in Colorado. They suspected was receiving packages containing weed (turned out to not be the case). Long story short they did not have a "no knock" warrant and as such needed to identify themselves. Of course when a bunch of men dressed in miliatry gear were outside the home the elderly mother (who lived with his son and wife) saw the men through the window and became startled. This of course gave the cops reason to not have to knock/announce themselves because now their presence was known... which would have been the whole point of them knocking/announcing themselves.

I honestly could care less if Breonna Taylor was an angel or somehow complicit in her boyfriends activities. It is not hard to do surveillance to determine when he wasn't home and snatch him up then.

Recall this thread:

Where's the body cam? Raid in the middle of the night and no body cam?
CSI effect § Trials

Perhaps expectations of bodycam footage is a corrolary of the CSI Effect,
but it's the same concept.

Wait until it gets to the point where public feelings of entitlement to video
becomes so widespread that cops refuse to roll on a call because their bodycam is busted.
And to the degree that bodycam evidence is more likely to corroborate the cop's narrative
than to reveal wrong-doing, who could blame the cops?

I honestly could care less if Breonna Taylor was an angel or somehow complicit in her boyfriends activities. It is not hard to do surveillance to determine when he wasn't home and snatch him up then.
(Here's another "wait 'til"):

Wait 'til artificially-intelligent facial-recognition doorbell cams can raise alerts like,
"the same person just walked past for the third time today,
making furtive glances at the house".

You think cops hate Waze speed trap pushpins.
They're really gonna love AI warning perps of surveillance, and gathering warrant squads.

Remember, guys casing a joint for a burglary or home invasion
look a whole lot like cops gathering intelligence.

You know it's only a matter of time.

Tom Clancy's (Op-Center?) series had a trope where
the operating (Op-Center?) operatives approaching a terrorist hideout or event
would stick a floppy disk into a rack-mount system in a cell tower hut
to either shut down neighborhood cell connectivity, or do Stingray-type things.

At some point the gummint is going to demand
that The Man be able to remotely null out Intarweb-connected doorbell cams.
And uncertified ChiCom doorbell cams will be sold at flea markets
because they will be able to shrug off remote commands
from anyone that the ChiComs don't like - for instance, The Man.

You know it's only a matter of time.

Remember, cops gathering intelligence look a whole lot like guys casing a joint for a burglary or home invasion.

...well, see, there's a reason for that...

FIFY to make the point more clearly.

CSI effect § Trials

Remember, guys casing a joint for a burglary or home invasion
look a whole lot like cops gathering intelligence.
Some of the neighborhoods I did surveillance, there was no WAY 99% of the people didn't know a cop was in the area. Best vehicle I ever had was a mid 2k teens Honda Insight. Only real giveaway, if there was one, was the DARK tint all the way around. I had an older Crown Vic for a while with DHS plates. I pulled the plates and it looked like a decommissioned cruiser you see running around.

I got pulled by a local one night for no plates. At the end of the discussion, he just rolled his eyes and told me to be safe. Heh.

That CSI effect hits prosecutors as well. I've had some pretty asinine requests like pulling prints off of burlap bags. Oh yeah, I was never certified to pull prints for forensic evaluation.

You will never convince me that it’s safer for cops to raid a persons home in the middle of the night than it is to pick them up on the street.
Like they give a single f*** about the person or the cop knocking down the door. They are both pawns of the holier than thou elites. They don’t give a f*** about either party. The crown will get what the crown wants no matter the human cost.

The reality is that if they think you are a truly dangerous bad dude, they will grab you quick and clean when you are leaving the house.

Whitey Bulger was a known killer in his 70s. They knew that he would rather die than go to jail. This was as high a risk guy as it gets. He had no reason to ever give himself up. So they faked a call from his storage locker company and. said he had to come down. When he stepped outside the house, they grabbed him.

The problem here is that serving high risk warrants this way
1) doesn't require the cops to get out the expensive toys.
2) Doesn't require the cops to dress up like soldiers
3) requires some actual intellect and good police work
4) minimizes the chance that the cops get to shoot someone or a dog.

So its too logical.

In all seriousness, it is also much more time consuming. They couldn't serve 10 warrants per night doing it this way.

But so whaat. Better a warrant go unserved than someone dies because the cops kick in the door and the resident dies in a hail of gunfire thinking his home is being invaded by criminals.
The warrant team I was on with the Marshals had a very simple process. Surround the house, lock it down, a team in armor with shields go up and knock on the door. The trick is having a team make sure at least someone is moving in the house. Get someone to talk to and work it from there.

We would then just sit on the house until someone came out, or when the 'shift' was over, they'd call in a SWAT team. Generally it was around the 16 hour mark before they called in the SWAT guys. In 6 months, there was a single SWAT roll and even that one ended up with the guy coming out on his own, it was a weird self induced hostage situation. I had a guy try to come out my window once, I persuaded him to exit via the front door. Other than that, it was actually pretty boring work. They did have some 'Hollywood' stuff happen before and after I was on the unit, but my tenure was seriously almost boring.

Even doing it that way, we'd take in 4 or 5 'bad' guys in a typical day if the cards fell into place.

The warrant team I was on with the Marshals had a very simple process. Surround the house, lock it down, a team in armor with shields go up and knock on the door. The trick is having a team make sure at least someone is moving in the house. Get someone to talk to and work it from there.

We would then just sit on the house until someone came out, or when the 'shift' was over, they'd call in a SWAT team. Generally it was around the 16 hour mark before they called in the SWAT guys. In 6 months, there was a single SWAT roll and even that one ended up with the guy coming out on his own, it was a weird self induced hostage situation. I had a guy try to come out my window once, I persuaded him to exit via the front door. Other than that, it was actually pretty boring work. They did have some 'Hollywood' stuff happen before and after I was on the unit, but my tenure was seriously almost boring.

Even doing it that way, we'd take in 4 or 5 'bad' guys in a typical day if the cards fell into place.

This seems smart and reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom