Brookline CERT NET

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I did the volunteer CERT training with Brookline's CERT program. If anyone is interested in this you should send a note to the coordinator below, it might be useful to practice communicating with this net, and I think they might be interested in being able to make contact with people outside of the immediate area.

Hello!

I would like to conduct the first amateur radio net for the Brookline CERT licensed amateur radio operators. I would like to make this the first of a monthly net that will meet at 8pm on the first Monday of every month, which will be delayed by 1 week if that Monday is a holiday. This is following the monthly RACES net which starts at 7pm and precedes the monthly ARES net which runs at 8:30. I encourage everyone to participate in those nets as well, please contact me for information regarding these nets.

Our net will focus on practicing radio operation, checking into and participating in a radio traffic net, and any discussion, conversation, or information related to the Brookline CERT program and especially related to the use of amateur radio. This is an ideal way to "get your feet wet" and practice and improve your radio skills with your fellow CERT members. The first of these upcoming nets will be on December 3rd at 8pm. We will use the W1CLA Clay Center repeater located in Brookline, MA on a frequency of 446.325 with a minus offset and a PL of 146.2 Hz. For those of you living further north you can also use the linked repeater located in Burlington, MA on a frequency of 447.025 with a minus offset and a PL of 146.2 Hz. For those who are able you can also connect via Echolink node 4942 W1CLA-R.

If you have a borrowed radio from the Clay Center, please use channel 1 on your radio.

I will be running the ARES net from the Brookline EOC at 8:30 on Monday. For those of you who wish to observe this, or who don't have a radio or can't access the repeaters for some reason are welcome to join us at the EOC anytime after 7 pm. I expect the ARES net will be wrapped up around 9 pm.

Myself -- KB1NCG, Bob Phinney -- K5TEC, Casey Hatchett -- KB1REN, and Mike Raskin -- KB1SAN will be on hand as well if anyone wishes to join us at the EOC, ask questions, observe operations, discuss future plans, as well as participate!

For those who wish to mark their calendars the next set of nets will be on 12/3, 1/7/13, 2/4, 3/4 all at 8 pm.

Marek Kozubal
Brookline CERT Member
ARES Metro-Boston District Emergency Coordinator
[email protected]
857-600-2737

Back
Top Bottom