Buying Legal Pot Will Get You On The Federal Database

I don’t want to be at the range with a pothead dope fiend loser high next to me in next lane. Man. Thanks.
But potentially being next to a drunk is fine?
A lot of brainwashed zombies out there drinking the koolaid about what they’ve been told about drugs.
Alcohol, painkillers, anti depression meds, all get used and abused far more than weed (probably coke too) but because they are considered normal nobody bats an eyelash. Take some allergy medicine and you can be just as spaced out as smoking a little weed

Last edited:
Hmm, where I have heard this one before....cough, National Reciprocity, repeal of NFA, end of AWB, cough.

We did get a really cool ruling banning bump stocks, though. Does that classify as being OK?

This is my approach. Although I don't care what other people do on their free time, and think it should be legal. I just have no interest.

My view exactly, if someone wants to smoke, fine. For me I don’t need something that makes me sleepy and hungry. I do that on my own

AKA default statist answer: "wat do u need that for?"
Not at all. I could give sht less of someone wants to smoke pot. I do find it funny of the numerous 20 ur olds that have back pain and migraines, should just own up to wanting to be stoned. As for the federal law, it’s the law. Even though I do not participate in pot or other crap I still get tested for work because it’s the law. If people want to not lose their LTC then push to have the law changed. IMHO it should be treated exactly like alcohol and regulated as such. AKA I really don’t care.

Not at all. I could give sht less of someone wants to smoke pot. I do find it funny of the numerous 20 ur olds that have back pain and migraines, should just own up to wanting to be stoned. As for the federal law, it’s the law. Even though I do not participate in pot or other crap I still get tested for work because it’s the law. If people want to not lose their LTC then push to have the law changed. IMHO it should be treated exactly like alcohol and regulated as such. AKA I really don’t care.

A lot of people smoking pot are young and probably never occurred to them they may want a gun someday. Should they ever realize the importance of being armed, it will be too late for them to retroactively change their mind about their prior pot habit.

Getting a medical card is insane if you are a gun owner.

In terms of recreational use, scanning your license is done simple to allow entrance into the store. It does not not mean you made a purchase, as long as you use cash.

Cannabis appear to help a lot of people with a wide range of medical problems and certainly has a better side effect profile than say opioids. So, I’m glad people that want to try it for medical reasons can do so well without needing to apply for a card.

In terms of home growing, it’s like home brewing beer: great product, moderate effort/cost, but probably only worth it if you are into it as a hobby.

A lot of people smoking pot are young and probably never occurred to them they may want a gun someday. Should they ever realize the importance of being armed, it will be too late for them to retroactively change their mind about their prior pot habit.

That's why having smoked or currently smoking weed should not prevent any person from owning a firearm ever

If you want to stay off the databases, go grab cash at bank, drive to Maine with said cash and a smart phone, order what you want, pay delivery guy cash, go home and enjoy.

Or just go down to the school yard and buy your bag of weed from your old pal Julio.

I don’t want to be at the range with a pothead dope fiend loser high next to me in next lane. Man. Thanks.
Me neither but that could happen today with virtually any drug, alcohol, or prescription medication. It'll still be illegal to drive and do all the other stuff while high. Will there be people that break the law? Sure, they do it today with all kinds of intoxicants.

Throwing a guy in jail plus all the associated policing/court/prison costs because he wants to smoke on his back porch on a Friday night after a long week of work is kind of stupid, in my opinion.

Your argument, to me, sounds like one gun control advocates would use. "I don't want to be at the grocery store with a guy carrying a gun next to me."

Not at all. I could give sht less of someone wants to smoke pot. I do find it funny of the numerous 20 ur olds that have back pain and migraines, should just own up to wanting to be stoned.

I was on the same page but now find myself, at times, in a decent amount of pain from various injuries and have considered trying something like CBD or some related product for the days it gets really bad. I'm in my 20s and can get more pain killers legally if I want....but I'd rather live with the pain than take that shit. Hell, I only took a handful after my hip surgery to avoid the sode effects so I know what dealing with real sharp pain is like. Still, if there's a safe way for people in similar situations to reduce pain that sometimes keeps them up at night without popping an oxy, I think it's worth a try.

I agree that most 20 somethings just wanna get high and create phantom pains for a script. I have no interest in that and bet there are others like me that just want to occassionally take the edge off when a cervical or lumbar disc flare up kicks in, which can happen unprovoked a handful of times each year with these type of injuries regardless of what shape you're in. When they do flare up, anyone that knows can tell you how bad it sucks. I have no clue if any of this shit will give me positive results but am more open to the idea of giving it a shot.

upload_2018-11-17_16-8-24.png

Hypothetical, you get a card in 2019 or so, maybe even use it, then stop and a few years later decide to buy a handgun.

The question is "Are you ..."

This is much like the infamous Lewinski out, memorialized by President Clinton in his book: "The meaning of Is"

Regardless of what you once did, if you are not a current user and not addicted, then you can answer No and proceed. If you toked up this morning, you have to answer Yes and wait for the police to arrive.

Getting a medical card is insane if you are a gun owner.

Exactly. Nothing good will come from being in that database.

Police to pot card holders: You can hold on to your gun (for now)
2BSJXZED6ZHTXHBAJDGGTXQRGE.jpg

By HNN Staff | November 30, 2017 at 12:51 PM HST - Updated August 14 at 7:16 AM
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - If you've got a medical marijuana card and a firearm, you don't have to surrender your gun — for now.

The Honolulu Police Department said they're consulting with other government agencies on a policy that requires some medical marijuana card holders to turn in their firearms and ammunition within 30 days after being instructed to do so by the agency.

The review comes in the wake of criticism over the policy.

Letters to card holders went out Nov. 13, as they have in previous months.

But this time, the letters caught the attention of local and national marijuana advocates.

And they went out without the express approval of new HPD Chief Susan Ballard.

In a statement Tuesday, Ballard said while the policy is being reviewed, the department won't require firearm applicants with medical marijuana permits to surrender their guns.

The department will continue to deny firearm permits to applicants who have current medical marijuana permits.

Police to pot card holders: You can hold on to your gun (for now)

If you want to stay off the databases, go grab cash at bank, drive to Maine with said cash and a smart phone, order what you want, pay delivery guy cash, go home and enjoy.

Or just go down to the school yard and buy your bag of weed from your old pal Julio.
Yeah, but that means saying goodbye to Rosie - the queen of Corona...

The article in the OP is talking about medical weed. The act of applying for the medical mj card would make one a pp, since it is a defacto admission to being "...an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or other...." As it is termed on the 4473.

Ive said it once and I'll say it again. Medical cards are stupid and if your a gun owner your retarded for going down that path in pursuit of pot.

I would imagine that once the recreational stores open here, a simple flash of a valid ID would be sufficient. Much like buying booze. If not and they require ids to be scanned, they'll be surprised to find that they wont get much business. There's plenty of pot around that doesnt require an ID scan and its easy enough to grow...
the pot heads I know wont give a rats ass about scanning their IDs, CC, DebitCards, EBT or what ever else as long as they have a place to just wonder in and buy weed.

But potentially being next to a drunk is fine?
A lot of brainwashed zombies out there drinking the koolaid about what they’ve been told about drugs.
Alcohol, painkillers, anti depression meds, all get used and abused far more than weed (probably coke too) but because they are considered normal nobody bats an eyelash. Take some allergy medicine and you can be just as spaced out as smoking a little weed
I cant take much of anything with out getting mush brain. Most cold pills will fog my brain

I think it’s funny how the feds need to set up a facility to determine weather or not the pot being sold needs to be inspected ! The local guy selling the stuff out of his house has been doing it for a hundred years !!! With no inspections or regulation or special rules ! Another way the government is reaching into your wallet ! They don’t care about your health as much as they do about revenue ! Support the little guy !! Lol

Just buy a bag of unpasteurized wild bird seed. Throw it around your backyard in the spring. Enjoy.

I may be dense, but how will that help? Then my yard will be full of millet. Which, by the way, I've had sprout before from spilled bird seed.

Just buy a bag of unpasteurized wild bird seed. Throw it around your backyard in the spring. Enjoy.

IIRC, there was an 80 year old guy on the cape that got busted for feeding birds. The pot was growing very well.
I have not seen a reply to my old post so here it is again.

How about the oil? Feds declassified that as not illegal.
I'm asking because the wife is not easily mobile due to pain and has a script for oil.

I have not seen a reply to my old post so here it is again.

You can currently buy hemp (male cannabis plant) cbd oil in all 52 states because the thc content (what gets you high, and is produced from a female cannabis plant) is almost non existent. Many people think that in order for cbd to be effective you also need to have the thc component as well, I dont know scientifically if that is accurate just what I've read. There is a store in my town on the north shore that specifically sells hemp cbd products I've never been in but heard good things (everything sold is legal federally), or you can wait for shops to open up and buy oil with a cbd and thc profile (but obviously would be illegal federally). If your wife is in pain I would say go buy some hemp cbd oil and if that doesnt work go for the real deal when stores start opening

Edit- didnt notice the part about the script, so long story short anything that she gets with more than .3 percent thc is considered marijuana under federal law and is illegal, all hemp cbd oil sold in the u.s you do not need a prescription and is legal federally because it has less than .3 percent thc

An article in the Boston Herald today said that the pot shop opening on Tuesday in Northampton will be using an ID scanner. A spokesperson for the shop is quoted as saying that the scanner will not store buyer information — maybe that is correct and maybe it is not.

Back
Top Bottom