C&R mailing addr and phone number question

doobie

Banned
When I bought a house I sent in a change of addr form for my C&R. They goofed up and left my mailing addr as my old addr (it'll still forward to me for another 6 months or so), assuming what is mailed doesn't have "do no forward". The stuff from the BATFE seems to have that on it. I had to jump through hoops to get them to send me a copy to the addr listed as the premise addr. I have since sent them an updated addr change form but I haven't heard from them yet. I don't want to deal with the same hoops I did last time (calling them like 6 times and waiting on hold for ages and talking to grumpy people).

I've also since changed my phone number but I don't feel like updating that with them.

Am I out of compliance with anything because of this? What is the worst that can happen?

Also, if I wished to cancel my C&R license before it expires is there something special I need to do?

I've also since changed my phone number but I don't feel like updating that with them.

Wouldnt be an issue..unless you order something from someone that has your FFL on file..I.E. SOG,AIM,J&G,Empire Arms ect ect.

Am I out of compliance with anything because of this? What is the worst that can happen?

You need to have the correct address on your FFL...its completely useless for over the phone and net purchases....you could prolly get away with a FTF dealer purchase....but that would be a kinda like lying on a FED APP dont you think?

If you need an address change properly, just resubmit the form..they dont really know or care(unless you have a redflag)...its thier job to process the paperwork.

Also, if I wished to cancel my C&R license before it expires is there something special I need to do?

Why would you want to do that?...check out the BATF website...plus if you own a C&R they send you all the info in the books.(but like everyother fed document good luck deciphering it..just reread it more than once)

I've sent them 3 copies of the altered form since I moved. First they screwed it up by keeping my old addr as my mailing addr. The second time I sent it in, I received copies of the regulations yet again sent through my old addr which forwarded to my PO box and cost me money to receive. I called them two weeks later and the said they never received the form and couldn't explain why I received another copy of the regulations, etc. So I sent it a third time (last time near the end of September or early October. It's been a few months and no response.

My premise addr is correct on my license, my mailing addr is my old addr that will forward to my po box. I usually send out my C&R with the mailing addr crossed out and no one has has a problem with it yet. I'm just not sure how many copies of my updated addr form I need to send before they get it right or if they just want my support to boost the economy by giving money to the post office.

I'm tired of dealing with their crap trying to get them to correct my addr when I've sent the form in three times.

Hmm, when I moved, they sent me the new license with the correct new address within days.

Perhaps the materials you received were simply the updated versions. You should expect a new package from BATFE every year or two.

Back
Top Bottom