C&R Purchase/FA-10/4 transfers each year?

I'm going blind reading all the fine print. I've read (skimmed some portions) of the Mass gun laws posted here and in the fat book the ATF sent me with my C&R. I can't find what I want to know...HELP!

Mass Law restricts 4 transfers (FTF no FFL involved) each year.

One can purchase as many firearms as one desires (unless the Gov has anything to say about it) from an FFL.

Using my new C&R if I purchase from an FFL (wholesaler) from out of state and complete an FA-10 form to "register" the C&R purchase does this count towards my 4 transfers?

I think I just answered my own question as I tried to spell it out. No it does not as the C&R was a purchase from (through for a personal transfer) an FFL and it doesn't matter as the Mass FA-10 needs only my info and the info specific to the firearm for registration purposes. This is not a transfer.

Someone please help me here and let me know if I'm correct.

I set up my BB today and have read too much stuff on and off line but I now know I can't sell, transfer to a minor or illegal alien...8~).

Thanks

Last edited:
I believe you can buy as many as you want. You can only sell up to 4/yr via an FA-10.

Mass Law restricts 4 transfers (FTF no FFL involved) each year.

One can purchase as many firearms as one desires (unless the Gov has anything to say about it) from an FFL.

Using my new C&R if I purchase from an FFL (wholesaler) from out of state and complete an FA-10 form to "register" the C&R purchase does this count towards my 4 transfers?

I think I just answered my own question as I tried to spell it out. No it does not as the C&R was a purchase from (through for a personal transfer) an FFL and it doesn't matter as the Mass FA-10 needs only my info and the info specific to the firearm for registration purposes. This is not a transfer.

Yes we can still purchase as many firearms as we want in a month or year, from an FFL (or an individual) ... for the time being. [thinking]

Yes we are limited to four transfers per calender year, anything else goes through an 01 FFL.

One of the legal types will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong.

...or just to tell you to set your preferences to "Show all threads" and do a search ! [wink]

Okay, oaky I don't need a slap on th wrist I tried to read the threads but like I said I just wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation of what I guess I sort of realized I knew as I typed it...I know you know that I know what I mean!

8~)

You can purchase as many guns as you want now. You may only sell/transfer four firearms privately to others on an FA-10. This does not include selling C&Rs out of state nor buying from out of state as the state of Massachusetts does not consider buying a gun from out of state on a C&R to be a transfer. Note that any in-state C&R sales do count towards the limit. Also note that when you file the FA-10 for a C&R you bring in from out of state, you check the "registration" box at the top of the FA-10, versus the "personal transfer" box that one fills out when transferring a firearm between MA residents.

Got that one. This is exactly what I wanted to clear up before I proceed with anything further, I already ordered a Mosin Nagant from xxxx and I want to make sure I do it right for my first time when it gets delivered next week.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom