CAA tactical RONI for glock sbr

Hey all, found this video and wanted to share...

CAA tactical is the international site, the official site for the united states is: www.ematactical.com

They are supposedly making versions for common Sig pistols as well as Springfield Armory XD's. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
since it appears this is just a working case, would it
actually be considered a sbr?
depending on price, it looks interesting

garyz

Added a stock and a vertical fore grip, I would think yes on the SBR. I have been wrong before though.

Last edited:
Looks cool, though I have seen similar products that actually use a separate upper in place of the slide and have a longer barrel as well. I would rather have a longer barrel for increased velocity and range than just a stock on a pistol. And the SBR tax seems to make it more of a pain than it would be worth to me.

http://www.mechtechsys.com/1911.html
I think the Mech Tech looks a bit more versatile.

yeah, it's fairly cheap, $400 but talked to a class III dealer yesterday and they said that once the pistol is considered an SBR it is always an SBR and i might have trouble (with the law) carrying it. The Mech Techs are nice too and i was looking into those as well. There are videos out there where people were hitting targets off hand with glock pistols at around 230 yards. I figured it would be cheaper for me to attempt that with a stock on the gun as opposed to the cost of the ammo it would take me to get enough practice. But if i had to sacrifice a pistol so i cannot carry it, it would not be worth it for me.

yeah, it's fairly cheap, $400 but talked to a class III dealer yesterday and they said that once the pistol is considered an SBR it is always an SBR and i might have trouble (with the law) carrying it.

Not really true at all and a Class III dealer should really know better. You can SBR a pistol and if removed in the future from the NFA registry it goes back to being a pistol. This has been argued back and forth for a long time mostly with guns like the HK SP89. The SP89 is a pistol but if you want to make it like an MP5k then you SBR it and now a stock and foregrip can go on it (it can also be used in it's "pistol" configuration sans stock but with foregrip as a SBR). If you decide later to sell it as a pistol you can if you ask to have it removed from the NFA registry and sell it as a normal pistol.

You do raise an interesting point of carrying the SBR while in its "pistol" state as a CCW weapon. I wouldn't think this would fly as now it's technically a SBR and not a pistol under the NFA.

I'll refer you to the hkpro.com forums for further research into the pistol to SBR back to pistol debate [smile]. Also a quick call to the NFA branch should be able to give you a fuzzy feeling before you engrave your Glock and spend $200 to make it a SBR.

Back
Top Bottom