Cabelas

He's bad because he's successful? Not aware of his past transgressions...please inform us. I think if Cabelas and BPS disappeared it would be a bad thing for us. Choose not to shop there if you don't want to.
Meh, i'm not offended by them existing if it helps more people get stuff, but i literally have not set foot in the MA cabelas since it opened. No real value add. Although i would much rather see them be successful as opposed to Dicks or ShitMart.

nope, he's not bad because he is successful, his stores just suck....over priced china crap, .......Cabelas was a great spotsmans chain for a long time, dont know where there buisness model went bad and they had to sell out to BPS......

Anyone know if Cabelas is getting out of the gun business? I was there yesterday and a lot of the guns are gone. I know that people want self defense guns but most of the old guns from the Gun Library were also gone.

Gerry - from what I hear you already own all those guns anway! 😀

Aww, come on... those are legendary...!

nope, he's not bad because he is successful, his stores just suck....over priced china crap, .......Cabelas was a great spotsmans chain for a long time, dont know where there buisness model went bad and they had to sell out to BPS......

Seems it was a forced sale by a hedge fund that wanted to cash out.

The sale of Cabela's to Bass Pro Shops was announced in 2016, a year after Singer’s Elliott Management disclosed an 11 percent stake, and said Cabela’s should explore a possible sale. Cabala’s was profitable at the time, but in mid-November 2015, Elliott Management “stated that they believed the Company should be sold through a public auction process” and that if they didn’t engage in the sales process, the hedge fund "was prepared to take further steps with respect to the Company,” according to securities filings.

Anyone know if Cabelas is getting out of the gun business? I was there yesterday and a lot of the guns are gone. I know that people want self defense guns but most of the old guns from the Gun Library were also gone.
They are not and ever since they re-opened, they have been hiding a lot of the guns outback. My guess, they are afraid of some crazy antifa crowd going in and taking them.

Was just at the CT location, plenty of long guns. No “tactical” or home defense shotguns. Ample supply of lever and “hunting” rifles. The “Gun Room” area had some gaps on the rack which I had never seen before.

As expected no pistol or common caliber rifle ammo. Pallets of hunting and target for shotgun. Of course no primers, but they did have a decent amount of projectiles.

I was just at Hudson just to check it out. A lot of birdshot in stock, some hunting shotguns and other long rifles. The only 9mm they had was the snake shot or whatever it is.

People have been going full on crazy and buying all the things. Couple that with limited selection because massachusetts and you will find a lot of places are short on a lot of things in this state.

I like looking for stuff in person, I could easily order them online whenever. Also sometimes the stuff in person is different than what they'll ship you :rolleyes:
I've gotten Glock, Springfield, Remington, AR-15, CZ, and Sig magazines from Ebay. All top quality, no different than a lgs would sell to you in person. Sorry I mentioned it. Not sure why you don't think eBay is a legitimate source for these items. Of course if you bought them from Ebay, you couldn't say that they were unavailable... [laugh]

f-em both Cabelas and bass pro, Support your local LGS or if they dont have it, buy from gunbroker and ship to them and toss them a c-note for helping,
All the gear you bought and paid a little extra for the lifetime guarantee, Jonny Morris took your cash and bent you over.........90% is imported crap anyways

Buy at Gunbroker and have shipped to your FFL and then give your FFL $100 for helping ?

You either own a gunstore or are drunk, or a drunk gunstore owner.

I've gotten Glock, Springfield, Remington, AR-15, CZ, and Sig magazines from Ebay. All top quality, no different than a lgs would sell to you in person. Sorry I mentioned it. Not sure why you don't think eBay is a legitimate source for these items. Of course if you bought them from Ebay, you couldn't say that they were unavailable... [laugh]

I honestly forgot ebay was a thing. I've been browsing it since you mentioned it

I honestly forgot ebay was a thing. I've been browsing it since you mentioned it
That was why I posted. Many people don't think to look for gun related items on eBay. They have lots of stuff like magazines, reloading equipment, slings, cases, etc. Even projectiles if you know how to search and the seller is crafty. As an aside, in 1999, I got into toy trains and eBay. (Lionel). I bought a ton and was 99+% happy with what I received. The funny part was that other (TCA) collectors stuck to their value guides for pricing and rarity and did not recognize the eBay completed auctions as a truer representation of what these items were worth and how available they were to buy. Of course if the two local shops don't have something, it must be rare or unavailable is like living in 1999... Even on NES, when asked what a gun is worth, savy members say: 'look at completed listings on Gunbroker. Of course to buy on eBay and to look at completed listings on Gunbroker, you have to create an account... and some people can't do that on their Jitterbug phone or their HP computer with dial up modem. [wink]

That was why I posted. Many people don't think to look for gun related items on eBay. They have lots of stuff like magazines, reloading equipment, slings, cases, etc. Even projectiles if you know how to search and the seller is crafty. As an aside, in 1999, I got into toy trains and eBay. (Lionel). I bought a ton and was 99+% happy with what I received. The funny part was that other (TCA) collectors stuck to their value guides for pricing and rarity and did not recognize the eBay completed auctions as a truer representation of what these items were worth and how available they were to buy. Of course if the two local shops don't have something, it must be rare or unavailable is like living in 1999... Even on NES, when asked what a gun is worth, savy members say: 'look at completed listings on Gunbroker. Of course to buy on eBay and to look at completed listings on Gunbroker, you have to create an account... and some people can't do that on their Jitterbug phone or their HP computer with dial up modem. [wink]

Yeah there's more than I thought on there, and a couple things I've been needing

I went into the one in Hudson around 1pm and found 2 100 round boxes of 9. Had some defense ammo in my hand but left it for someone else.
Damn lucky score there. What’s 9 going for at Cabelas these days??

AHM, there were no handguns ...
Sorry, Gerry; a good trip report,
but a bit of a trick question there.

It was asked back when the store opened:
Cabela's will buy used handguns in Mass,
but ships them out-of-state to other stores' Gun Libraries for resale.

Corporate wants nothing to do with gambling whether
some used gun is on all the rosters and hasn't been
modified by an owner to violate stupid laws.

Aww, come on... those are legendary...!
Now you've got me wondering what other really stupid things
those connectors could be repurposed for -
small amounts of fresh water, high voltage ticklers, propane, ...

ETA: epoxy one on the side of a truck wheel,
with a dummy load screwed on the end.
Ask a truck stop attendant to top off your tire.
Watch him try to make the Schrader valve fit.

I just bought a Dillon XL650 off of EBay this morning. Brand new in the box, with casefeeder and 9mm dies. Shipping out of Austin, Texas - should be here next week.

How are you guys buying magazines off ebay? I'm banned permanently from ebay AND paypal for buying a Glock magazine from ebay. Did something change?

How are you guys buying magazines off ebay? I'm banned permanently from ebay AND paypal for buying a Glock magazine from ebay. Did something change?
Never had a problem with 10rd or 8rd 1911mags from ebay....

Back
Top Bottom