• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabelas in Hudson has ammo

Cabelas started recording initials and birthdate off LTC at the optics counter now, must have had a problem with people coming back multiple times for the limit
Yea, they did that last week too.

Did they have alot today?

They had 556 ammo available. I needed handgun ammo so I didn’t buy that

They had 6 boxesleft when I got there at 4. Two guys ahead of me in line, chatting up the clerk. Seemed like they all knew each other. One leaves. I’m thinking I’m getting at least a box minimum bc 5box limit.

Well, he was a club member and got all 6.

Deep breaths. Happy thoughts...

*eta they were the 150pks of Winchester green tips. Not exactly a gold mine, but something to add to the pile at a price I’d be willing to pay.

Last edited:
They had 6 boxes left when I got there at 4. Two guys ahead of me in line, chatting up the clerk. Seemed like they all knew each other. One leaves. I’m thinking I’m getting at least a box minimum bc 5box limit.

I was there at the same time. Guys in front of me got the last 2 150ct boxes. Clerk said someone tried to buy them but didn’t have the funds.

Cabelas started recording initials and birthdate off LTC at the optics counter now, must have had a problem with people coming back multiple times for the limit
Even they are annoyed by the circling scumbags. Perfect.
I stopped in one day, turns out I knew the guy behind the counter. While we were chatting like two old women, I was watching a few guys. They were continuously circulating the immediate area. Probably waiting for him to leave and get someone new at the counter. They should have bought a duck blind, would've been less obvious. No shame.

They had 6 boxesleft when I got there at 4. Two guys ahead of me in line, chatting up the clerk. Seemed like they all knew each other. One leaves. I’m thinking I’m getting at least a box minimum bc 5box limit.

*eta they were the 150pks of Winchester green tips. Not exactly a gold mine, but something to add to the pile at a price I’d be willing to pay.
Sorry to hear that. If I was buying ammo and saw someone behind me I’d gladly ask to split the remaining to be fair. But that’s just me.

if I go again I will update in here, or if anyone gets a chance to go there before I do, any update will be appreciated!

At BPS in Foxboro, there's a group that shows up at 7AM and waits around until we open at 9. By 9, the line's usually 10-15 deep. One ass came flying thru the lot so fast one morning that he almost hit an employee.
Do they realize they could show up at 9:10 and have no line, no wait, and most likely the same selection?

Do they realize they could show up at 9:10 and have no line, no wait, and most likely the same selection?
LOL.. I guess not.. based on my conversations with the full time employees, it's the same cast of characters..

one time, I saw them being led in single file by a manager, as to not cause a ruckus rush to the ammo dept.. at one point, we blocked off the ammo aisle and let customers down it in a controlled fashion..

I did manage to snag myself a basic Henry lever .22 for free with all my points.. Got my son a nice Diamond compound bow for Christmas using points as well. Still have a ton left for camping gear this summer. If anyone's thinking of joining the Club.. PM me... we get a few bones thrown our way for Club referrals

@EMTDAD if there was ammo “stock” how soon would it sell out on the day of shipment? I’m a noob in this hobby and trying to get a grasp of how things go.
i went to BPS on Saturday for the first time and it was a good experience walking around the entire place

@EMTDAD if there was ammo “stock” how soon would it sell out on the day of shipment? I’m a noob in this hobby and trying to get a grasp of how things go.
i went to BPS on Saturday for the first time and it was a good experience walking around the entire place

Ok.. here's how it works... We know when the truck will be here about 4-5 days ahead of time. Trucks usually go to Hookset first and then reach Foxboro sometime around 11am. Depending on how much is on the truck, it'll take 1-3 hrs to unload it to the dock. Then the department associates have to come down, get it, and stock the shelves. Sooooo... it could be about any time after about 1pm the day a truck arrives. If the department associates are busy, it may take until the next morning for it to get on the shelf.

Shipments vary. Hard to say how much of something will come in from the distribution center. We have manifests that tell us what's on a truck, but it's all coded by UPC/SKU. In general, we'll look and see that we've got a bunch of this brand or that sub-department coming in, but as far as looking for something specific.. we don't pay attention. What comes in goes to the floor if it fits.

Expect ammo, especially the common calibers, to go fast.. depending on how much we get and when, I wouldn't expect it to last more than 2-3 hours on the shelf, tops.

Ok.. here's how it works... We know when the truck will be here about 4-5 days ahead of time. Trucks usually go to Hookset first and then reach Foxboro sometime around 11am. Depending on how much is on the truck, it'll take 1-3 hrs to unload it to the dock. Then the department associates have to come down, get it, and stock the shelves. Sooooo... it could be about any time after about 1pm the day a truck arrives. If the department associates are busy, it may take until the next morning for it to get on the shelf.

Shipments vary. Hard to say how much of something will come in from the distribution center. We have manifests that tell us what's on a truck, but it's all coded by UPC/SKU. In general, we'll look and see that we've got a bunch of this brand or that sub-department coming in, but as far as looking for something specific.. we don't pay attention. What comes in goes to the floor if it fits.

Expect ammo, especially the common calibers, to go fast.. depending on how much we get and when, I wouldn't expect it to last more than 2-3 hours on the shelf, tops.
SmartSelect_20210405-153205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks!
yeah my thoughts exactly as i used to stock at Best Buy about 5-6 years ago. it took some time to unload the truck then get stuff sorted out by department.
i know for a fact employees have no clue what stores will get (same goes for when i was working at bestbuy)
just trying to sort out my trip accordingly to see if it's worth the time wasted driving down there if there happened to be a truck day [rofl] driving down 95-S can be a pain now that more people are returning back to work

At BPS in Foxboro, there's a group that shows up at 7AM and waits around until we open at 9. By 9, the line's usually 10-15 deep. One ass came flying thru the lot so fast one morning that he almost hit an employee.
I hear the line starts some days at 6am. Wish you got ammo in on a more frequent basis... kinda stinks getting there at 9 am on a saturday and the line is 40 to 50 deep. And never getting any ammo... I can't believe someone almost hit an employee in the parking lot... crazy

Did Bass Pro stop selling ammo online? I noticed there hasn't been anything in stock for a few months.

the online order system is horrible for trying to figure out what's in stock. Just last week I looked online for that Henry rifle.. "not in stock" either in store or ship to store... but when I got in and checked the system, we had 2 in the store.

the online order system is horrible for trying to figure out what's in stock. Just last week I looked online for that Henry rifle.. "not in stock" either in store or ship to store... but when I got in and checked the system, we had 2 in the store.
Oh I don't doubt that but I had been doing pretty well stalking the website through my wishlist for ammo at a decent price and for the past couple months nothing has popped on my wish list. Didn't know if corporate had cracked down on the douches who set up computer software to buy all the ammo as soon as it went in stock.

Oh I don't doubt that but I had been doing pretty well stalking the website through my wishlist for ammo at a decent price and for the past couple months nothing has popped on my wish list. Didn't know if corporate had cracked down on the douches who set up computer software to buy all the ammo as soon as it went in stock.
Yup they stopped online ammo and powder/primer sales a few months ago.
I scored a lot from them online. Mainly 22lr and primers.

Back
Top Bottom