Caliber debate from a different perspective, thoughts?

If you are on the fence, switch to 9 instead of 45, ammo is at least half the price. You do want to practice, right? Wally world now carries brass maxx 9mm at $22 per 100 rounds in 9mm.

Last edited:
The military also had muskets.

Times change, technology allows for more advantages and fewer drawbacks with new firearms as well as everything else.

I'm not saying its wrong to carry a J frame (its on my list), but someone carrying a gun with 12-17+1 is doing nothing wrong either.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Neither one is wrong, if I still had my .357 I would still carry it.

If you are on the fence, switch to 9 instead of 45, ammo is at least half the price. You do want to practice, right? Wally world now carries brass maxx 9mm at $22 per 100 rounds in 9mm.

I reload so ammo difference is negligable.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

9mm, 40 cal, and 45 all have their place. And their respective places are pretty close together when all is said and done.

I'll kick the chalk line of the long gone proverbial dead horse, but 15+1 rounds of 9mm is better than 8 rounds of 45, 40 if you want a little more bullet weight at almost the same capacity.

If you're worried, buy all three.

From Federal's website just to kinda compare apples instead of grapefruit:

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/compare/handgun_compare.aspx

It seems to go along with my observations, .45 is more of a close range, .40 holds true to sights at slightly longer ranges for accuracy. The .45 carries more energy out to 100 yards, but it's going to be lobbing the rounds in.

Back
Top Bottom